• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.338 LM short chamber

micah379

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2010
Colorado ,Denver
I just got my lapua from G.A precision,I started with their base custom rifle and one of the things they do is cut the chamber to true minimum specifications. I checked the o.a.l with my hornedy gauge and the 300grain scenars are touching the lands with a o.a.l of 3.560,backing it off .020" will make the o.a.l 3.540". I was wondering if seating that big bullet that far into the case would limit the amount of powder I could get into the load? Thanks for any helpful input.

Re: .338 LM short chamber

You can still crunch powder, just depends what numbers your looking for in muzzle velocity.

If you load projectiles so they are right in front of the lands can you still load to mag length? What about slightly jammed?

Re: .338 LM short chamber

Vman,I have a surgeon 1581 action with cip length mags(3.75") so I have plenty of room in mags,the issue is the chamber being so short that the bullet is actually touching the lands at an o.c.l of 3.560".