• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338LM Mythbusting :) VIDEO POSTED

Re: 338LM Mythbusting :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, i have a couple legit questions;

Whilst we have seen the results from this, has anyone tried this using 300gr SMK`s instead of the SCENARS? im interested to see the difference with respect to drops and transonic stability at this extreme range.

.. </div></div>
I have tried the 300 SMK and couldn't get em to stay stable. Target was out at my P.B. of 2285 yards and M.V. was 2855 fps from a 1 : 10 twist Lilja barrel.
250 grain Hornady BTHP match did OK though @ over 3000 fps.

Re: 338LM Mythbusting :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticFun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Personally I think later should take out a .375CT at that distance and show what a purpose built ELR rifle can do to two man sized targets and a machine gun. It won't prove anything but dn wouldn't it be cool. </div></div>

I attended the LR Shoot at Augustis Ranch this weekend and one of the highlights was getting to watch Trgrman put three rounds within approx. 20" on a rock at 2950 yds from his 375 CheyTac. First shot was cold bore and was just left of center mass. The next 2 shots were within 12" of each other. (These were my etimates through the scope) Wind calls were made by Augustis and the conditions were less than perfect. IIRC there was about 15 mph wind from 7 o'clock at the firing position, but then changing conditions due to side canyons and bluffs all the way to the target. I was watching through a spotting scope and approx. 10 others also witnessed it.

Very impressive.

BTW, for those of you that can make it to Montana, these weekends are well worth the travel and cost. Unbelievable real world experience in very challenging conditions.

More info:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1011956&page=1

John

Re: 338LM Mythbusting :) VIDEO POSTED

That's me and nothing happened, that's what a dogs ass looks like when the sun shines on it.