• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 viersco magnum 2

Ragnarok

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
Norway
Tought i should post a small video of me test firing some gs custom 355gr bullets, before the video was taken i had done a ladder test of the gs 355gr bullets and zeroed the rifle at 493 meters.

David viers built this rifle for me a while back ago, he did a really nice job on it, some rifle spec:

Barker machine works reciever modified, stainless
Benchmark stainless barrel, step cut and fluted 38"
Xlr chassis with .50 butt stock option
Jewel trigger set to 1lbs
Ior terminator scope
40 moa base rail
American rifle company M10 rings.

Here is a link to youtube for a small video: 375 VM2 Long Range Rifle Testing "part 3" - YouTube

Thanks for the info
Its always good to see videos on testing or just shooting rounds down range on the ELR rifles either by the builders or owners. The 375VM2 sure does a number on the 1" or even the 2" steel, it will interesting to see its full potential at the 1000 to 3000 range.

Cheers

Hopefully i will get to test the vm on 1000 meters pluss within short time, ill post a new video as soon as possible :), these shots taken at shorter ranges is more for load development and testing. Pluss having some fun at the same time :)

It's nice to see this cartridge coming along - lots of potential!

Keep us posted how your longer testing goes.

Sure, i'll post a new video as soon as ive got the chance to do some more testing, hopefullt within the next 2-3 weeks :)

What twist are you using? And could you still stabilize a 425 grain CE with it?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Ive got a 1-10 twist ratio, and i do not think it is possible to stabilize 425ce bullets with it, reason i went with 10 twist was more selection in bullets, and i dont belive you would gain so much in real life if you compared to the 377 gr vs 400 and 425. ive just recieved 100 cutting edge 377gr solids for testing. And thats probably the heaviest solids i can shoot from 10 twist.

I have made a carry handle for the rifle as well, made the rifle easy to carry around, pluss i got the rnd 200 bipod from RND RIFLES, this bipod is a very nice upgrade to the rifle, it is much more stable than the other one i had. Many thanks to dave viers and lioyd at rnd rifles for making this happen. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 43
Ive got a 1-10 twist ratio, and i do not think it is possible to stabilize 425ce bullets with it, reason i went with 10 twist was more selection in bullets, and i dont belive you would gain so much in real life if you compared to the 377 gr vs 400 and 425. ive just recieved 100 cutting edge 377gr solids for testing. And thats probably the heaviest solids i can shoot from 10 twist.

What's the BC of those 377 gr solids? What kinds of velocities are you expecting? And that bipod looks pretty good on your rifle!

On the box i recived it says g1 bc 0.95, the ones ive got is hollow points, match/tactical/hunt. Its hard to tell the velocities yet but im hoping for 3300 pluss with a normal load. Hopefully i will test them during this upcomming week.

On the box i recived it says g1 bc 0.95, the ones ive got is hollow points, match/tactical/hunt. Its hard to tell the velocities yet but im hoping for 3300 pluss with a normal load. Hopefully i will test them during this upcomming week.

Seems good enough. I kinda like the 425 grain bullets, but I do like the idea of an "overdone" .375 Viersco Magnum rifle, not sure why. So a Teludyne'd gain twist barrel, extreme magnification FFP optic, 425 grain solids, etcetera.

It is a really blast to shoot this rifle, i enjoy it very much, i'll bet your combo would be awsome if your planning on one :) Another thing i like is the cases, ive reloaded 5x now on the same cases and the brass is still like new, no cracked necks or blown primer pockest, or ripped heads. im also annealing the cases every time.

It is a really blast to shoot this rifle, i enjoy it very much, i'll bet your combo would be awsome if your planning on one :) Another thing i like is the cases, ive reloaded 5x now on the same cases and the brass is still like new, no cracked necks or blown primer pockest, or ripped heads. im also annealing the cases every time.

That'll be a while (not the best country for ELR, we're limited to 300 meters here, that is IF you manage to get a license, and I haven't yet), but I certainly hope so.
That sounds pretty impressive, though!

A few more pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 29
Nice rifle Ragnarok!!!

I have the XLR as well, an I noticed the cheekpiece has a part cut out. Did you do that yourself? It's a pita to remove the bolt if you don't have a folder, I have to loosen the rear stock everytime.

Nice rifle Ragnarok!!!

I have the XLR as well, an I noticed the cheekpiece has a part cut out. Did you do that yourself? It's a pita to remove the bolt if you don't have a folder, I have to loosen the rear stock everytime.

Thanks 6Dasher

David viers cut the cheek piece out so the bolt can open all the way back, even for removal during cleaning and such.
Then he added a rubber or neopren cloth on it for protection against cold climate.

The cut looks like its done at the factory, very nice machining.

I tested the CE 377 grains today, shot a ladder test throug my chrono. I loaded up a total of 8 rounds, 4 shots with 153gr, two shots of 154gr and two shots with 155gr. Testing was 200m, and powder type h50bmg

All the bullets was set to CE seating instructions, wich gave me a o.a.l of 4.553". And 0.020" jump.
I had also cleaned the barrel for previus testing of the gs custom bullets, wich was very impressive after 25 shots of gs custom it was no copper fouling what so ever left in the bore.

I fired first 4 shots of 153gr charge wich gave a muzzel velocity of 3276-3276-no read on third shot-3292. Accurazy was 1/2moa
Fired two shots with 154gr charge they had muzzel vel 3325-3323 fps, accurazy was 0.41" ( 200m )
Fired two shots with 155gr charge they had muzzel vel 3350- no read on second shot, accurazy was 3/4 min.

So i will load up more of the 154gr charge and do a 500 meter test on them soon as possible

Some pictures of my bastard childs, loaded up 17 rounds today, ready to go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 41
I tested the CE 377 grains today, shot a ladder test throug my chrono. I loaded up a total of 8 rounds, 4 shots with 153gr, two shots of 154gr and two shots with 155gr. Testing was 200m, and powder type h50bmg

All the bullets was set to CE seating instructions, wich gave me a o.a.l of 4.553". And 0.020" jump.
I had also cleaned the barrel for previus testing of the gs custom bullets, wich was very impressive after 25 shots of gs custom it was no copper fouling what so ever left in the bore.

I fired first 4 shots of 153gr charge wich gave a muzzel velocity of 3276-3276-no read on third shot-3292. Accurazy was 1/2moa
Fired two shots with 154gr charge they had muzzel vel 3325-3323 fps, accurazy was 0.41" ( 200m )
Fired two shots with 155gr charge they had muzzel vel 3350- no read on second shot, accurazy was 3/4 min.

So i will load up more of the 154gr charge and do a 500 meter test on them soon as possible

Pretty impressive results, and a good estimation earlier :)

He he thanks, i had a sertain idea of how fast they would go, from firing 350 solids before with a slightly higher powder charge, my best guess was around 3300fps, so im really happy with the result the 377 gave, maybe tomorrow i will have a chance to test these to 1000 meter pluss. :)

So in a nutshell, this cartridge is allowing you to shoot heavier .375 bullets at faster speeds than .375CT?

Very nice looking rifle.

Have you tried 20N29 in it ?

Thanks Kiwi Greg

No i have not tried it yet, im currently working with hodgdon H50bmg wich im super happy with, i might wanna test the 24n41, i think dave viers tested the 20n29 powder, and it turnd out to be to slow for bullets under 400gr. But 24n41 is suppost to be a little faster burning than 20n29

Thanks Kiwi Greg

No i have not tried it yet, im currently working with hodgdon H50bmg wich im super happy with, i might wanna test the 24n41, i think dave viers tested the 20n29 powder, and it turnd out to be to slow for bullets under 400gr. But 24n41 is suppost to be a little faster burning than 20n29

Have you done a water capacity test to the top of the neck ?

I found 20N29 gave the best velocity over 50BMG & RL50 in the VM2 imp I built.

24N41 is a bit faster than 50BMG so might not be much help to you.

Have you done a water capacity test to the top of the neck ?

I found 20N29 gave the best velocity over 50BMG & RL50 in the VM2 imp I built.

24N41 is a bit faster than 50BMG so might not be much help to you.

I will give it a try :) , what kind of bullet weight did you test the 20n29 powder with and barrel lenght?
I have not done a water capasity test on the casings. I can do one later today. And post the resault

I will give it a try :) , what kind of bullet weight did you test the 20n29 powder with and barrel lenght?
I have not done a water capasity test on the casings. I can do one later today. And post the resault

I only had a 32" barrel.

I think I only shot 350s will have to check.

They make VM brass? Gotta get me some...

They should clean the floor once in a while, but yes, with that brake and cartridge it might be a good investment.

I only had a 32" barrel.

I think I only shot 350s will have to check.

I did a lot of testing with this chamber, found the velocity drops when using a barrel shorter than 35" Just too much powder to burn. I tried faster powder but the case is too large, that then brought up other issues, pressure spikes. It was designed to shoot heavy bullets, 414 GS custom for instance. I wanted a chamber that would be supersonic past 3000 yds. I found the most reliable powder was BMG50, US869 and WC872 both worked well in warm conditions. I did not like RE50 or Vitavori powders. Most of this testing was done with 350 to 375 gn bullets as the rifle was a 10 twist. It might change when i go to the 400+ grain bullets for powder selection.
My goal is to push 400gn bullets 3250fps or somwhere close to that. With the high BC of these bullets, 3000+ supersonic yards should not be a problem. 400gn Cutting Edge, 414 GS custom bullets.

I just got in a shipment of 36" Bartlien gain twist barrels. I am building a new switch barrel test rifle, to handle all of the VM calibers.

Kiwi greg

Do you recall your load data on the vithavoury powder, and velocity you got on that 32" barrel

Kiwi greg

Do you recall your load data on the vithavoury powder, and velocity you got on that 32" barrel

Velocity was underwhelming.

The action & barrel knox may have been too small for the taper in the case ?

Never did get to the bottom of it.

Sorry I don't have my data with me.

You will use a fair bit more 20N29 in it than 50BMG.

I did a lot of testing with this chamber, found the velocity drops when using a barrel shorter than 35" Just too much powder to burn. I tried faster powder but the case is too large, that then brought up other issues, pressure spikes. It was designed to shoot heavy bullets, 414 GS custom for instance. I wanted a chamber that would be supersonic past 3000 yds. I found the most reliable powder was BMG50, US869 and WC872 both worked well in warm conditions. I did not like RE50 or Vitavori powders. Most of this testing was done with 350 to 375 gn bullets as the rifle was a 10 twist. It might change when i go to the 400+ grain bullets for powder selection.
My goal is to push 400gn bullets 3250fps or somwhere close to that. With the high BC of these bullets, 3000+ supersonic yards should not be a problem. 400gn Cutting Edge, 414 GS custom bullets.

I just got in a shipment of 36" Bartlien gain twist barrels. I am building a new switch barrel test rifle, to handle all of the VM calibers.

Any other chassis systems than XLR you can recommend for a VM2?

Ill buy a box and check it out, im almost out of powder anyways :)

Ill buy a box and check it out, im almost out of powder anyways :)

Gonna do some testing at 1000 m tomorrow if the weather is good , loaded up some 377gr ce bullets behind 154gr h50 powder, velocity 3325fps