• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

37XC build

As long as I can keep that up I’ll be happy. Not bad for a hand chambered barrel on a factory action.

Got speed today
B9D91BF2-5F11-4BBE-81D2-C50FE589B44E.jpeg

That’s one of the reasons I’m seriously considering 37XC.
Agreed, especially after seeing Jasen's results with his 112. Heard guys have been running them in 700 actions as well but that may be another story. Definitely makes a more wallet friendly alternative to most custom/factory Cheytacs

Agreed, especially after seeing Jasen's results with his 112. Heard guys have been running them in 700 actions as well but that may be another story. Definitely makes a more wallet friendly alternative to most custom/factory Cheytacs
Yea.
I’m just waiting till a used 338 lapua action comes up at a decent price.

Yea.
I’m just waiting till a used 338 lapua action comes up at a decent price.
Yup, seeing the XC on a 700 had me wondering as I have a lefty chrome moly action I could use but I'm not sure if there is much different between the Lapua action vs the std Magnum action 700s like there is with the Savage Lapua actions. Probably just going to pick up a 112.

Reactions: jasent
One thing I was really impressed with the 112 is the trigger. The target accu trigger is 8oz- 1.5 lb and very crisp. Much better than my timenys imo. Even the factory barrel shot .35 moa at 735 yards

Reactions: 7mmShooter
One thing I was really impressed with the 112 is the trigger. The target accu trigger is 8oz- 1.5 lb and very crisp. Much better than my timenys imo. Even the factory barrel shot .35 moa at 735 yards
Yeah I have always liked the accutrigger design even the regular ones could be adjusted crisp and clean, so the target version I can only imagine

Jasent. Do you plan on loading up until you find pressure on 37xc.

Also what elevation do you shoot at.

I’m at 2200-6000
Jasent. Do you plan on loading up until you find pressure on 37xc.

Also what elevation do you shoot at.
depending where I shoot. 2220 - 6000’. I might but I’m happy with the results I have now. I’m pretty close to where tubb hit pressures.

Reactions: camotoe
Not really applicable to the thread but I figured this was the best place to ask... Anyone see an issue with using one of the repeater 110 BA Stealth for an XC over just using the single shot 112 Target as Jasen did? Single shot action is a bit stronger I'd imagine but the Stealth can be had in Left Hand.

I don’t see why not. Guys are running them in rem 700 actions. Still be single feed but who cares with ELR
If you do face book you can ask David tubb or just call sss.

I was thinking the same, and still be able to mag feed some of the smaller stuff. Gotta be some differences in the factory 700 338 Lapua other than the bolt face, extractor setup, and feed rails, otherwise I have a lefty 700 long action in the safe I may think about putting a PTG Lapua bolt in and using for it

I was thinking the same, and still be able to mag feed some of the smaller stuff. Gotta be some differences in the factory 700 338 Lapua other than the bolt face, extractor setup, and feed rails, otherwise I have a lefty 700 long action in the safe I may think about putting a PTG Lapua bolt in and using for it
My buddy’s rem700 in 338 Norma just had the bolt face opened up and some mag entry area work.
I personally would be be leery of lighting off a 37xc case full of powder repeatedly in one though.
Not a lot of reserve if something goes wrong.

Yeah Steel head I was thinking along the same lines. Just thinking out loud in case I could use it instead of just offloading it to get something else as I prefer 700 over a Savage 110 but both of mine are a few years old so idk how nice the new blueprinted Savage actions feel, the 110BA handle lightens the throw a lot though, in my experience

Yeah Steel head I was thinking along the same lines. Just thinking out loud in case I could use it instead of just offloading it to get something else as I prefer 700 over a Savage 110 but both of mine are a few years old so idk how nice the new blueprinted Savage actions feel, the 110BA handle lightens the throw a lot though, in my experience
I’m curious if any strength differences between the 110 and 700.

Yeah I've been seeing some varying numbers but if the 110 Lapua actions are 1.350~ then considering how well your 112 is doing at 0.030 smaller diameter, it should be okay to use I would think

Rem700 is small shank. Gunsmith can open up the receiver to take a larger shank barrel.

FYI... AMP annealing pilot #92 for the 33 and 37 XC are available at creedmoor sports. I just grabbed one.

I just noticed rcc is making 37XC brass. Thinking about picking up a 100ct

on their website it says they are $6.28 a piece. 100ct would be $502.40 including their 20% off deal going on. That’s nuts

on their website it says they are $6.28 a piece. 100ct would be $502.40 including their 20% off deal going on. That’s nuts
It’s not cheap but strong brass. Guys are getting 100-200 FPS more and over 20 reloads at those pressures. That’s at least 2 barrels from one batch of brass. 37XC brass is $3 each(Peterson) and seems a bit soft imo. Tubs got 20 re loads of a peace of brass but I assume not all those where full house loads as it was load development.
Sounds like an investment to me.
Nothing is cheap in ELR

It’s not cheap but strong brass. Guys are getting 100-200 FPS more and over 20 reloads at those pressures. That’s at least 2 barrels from one batch of brass. 37XC brass is $3 each(Peterson) and seems a bit soft imo. Tubs got 20 re loads of a peace of brass but I assume not all those where full house loads as it was load development.
Sounds like an investment to me.
Nothing is cheap in ELR

Well if you acquire some let us know how it does. I’d be interested I knowing how many thou u set the shoulder back and how much longer the Rcc lasts then the Peterson. I haven’t noticed the 33xc necked up Peterson brass being to soft. I’ve got 10 loads on 20 pieces so far and no problems...yet. I haven’t annealed it either. Using the 37xc is a lot cheaper for me than some of the other cartridges. It’s nice to be able to use an existing action like my bat m and a 1.25 breech barrel instead of buying a new action with larger thread. Cheaper is the reason a lot of people go with the 37xc I think.

How long have these guys been around, I never heard of RCC before. Their prices are up there but they're doing a lot of oddball stuff no one else is. Is it worth $5 a case though?

I've been running the petersen 33XC cases in my XC and so far have had no issues at all despite running a little over the limit on some of the load test pieces. Primers are all still tight and no cracks or other troubles. Only have about 5 shots on those 20 cases so far but no complaints. We got out to 2600 with the rifle.

Frank

Rcc has been around for a little while. Their brass isn’t typical. Their brass is actually cheap compared to Warner’s brass for their 375 and 416 warner ?

Don’t get me wrong the Peterson brass is great but anyone that has experience with rcc brass will tell you it’s toughest brass they have used. It is not swaged brass. It is lathe turned from tougher brass. They will thicken it where you want and make it to your chamber.

Reactions: gunplt
After reading their website info it looks like their brass is hammer forged and turned on CNC. Time will tell if its any better I suppose.

Frank

After reading their website info it looks like their brass is hammer forged and turned on CNC. Time will tell if its any better I suppose.

Frank
There’s some people out there using it in various cartridges with some pretty impressive performance and life.

I’ve been contemplating a 7 saum 30-32 gain twist barrel with this brass and 190’s.
3000+ with the extra barrel and pressure should be easy with that brass.
62-63 grains of R26 possibly.

I’m curious if any strength differences between the 110 and 700.

I'm guessing any comparisons you find would probably be between the run-of-the-mill open-top receivers in either brand.

I don't know about the R700 actions, but I recall the people at the factory saying the 110BA was tested to somewhere north of 130kpsi. I do know that the bolt lugs on the 110BA and other Savage .338LM actions is substantially thicker than the regular LA version.

I've got a couple 110s... one an original 110BA .338LM 'beta test' model that was later redone with a Krieger .300WM barrel and a HS Precision stock - and another 110FCP .338LM with the HS stock as well. They've both been pretty neglected the past few years, but I'm hoping to get them back in action later this season. Though I have to say, the notion of being able to screw on a barrel for something bigger still had not occurred to me - but I like it (y)

I'm guessing any comparisons you find would probably be between the run-of-the-mill open-top receivers in either brand.

I don't know about the R700 actions, but I recall the people at the factory saying the 110BA was tested to somewhere north of 130kpsi. I do know that the bolt lugs on the 110BA and other Savage .338LM actions is substantially thicker than the regular LA version.

I've got a couple 110s... one an original 110BA .338LM 'beta test' model that was later redone with a Krieger .300WM barrel and a HS Precision stock - and another 110FCP .338LM with the HS stock as well. They've both been pretty neglected the past few years, but I'm hoping to get them back in action later this season. Though I have to say, the notion of being able to screw on a barrel for something bigger still had not occurred to me - but I like it (y)

While not in 37xc game yet I am getting into a .338 Norma setup soon. I kinda lucked across some interesting info and then proceeded to buy some unique parts.

The parts were a McGowan straight taper barrel, dies, a muzzle brake and a custom bolt.

The interesting part is this was all for a savage 10 SMALL shank. After several phone calls the parts were verified. I bought all the parts but the USPS lost (stole) the barrel. I have to buy another barrel but I do have the bolt and it is for sure .338 NM faced. I had to verify with the seller which action was used (standard or target) because I was concerned about strength/failure issues. It was verified a standard savage 10 "open top" action was used without issue.

Only issue is due to COAL of .338 NM I can't magazine feed it but I'm fine with that.

Sorry I know this isn't specifically the answer to your question but wanted to add for whatever its worth.

I have acquired barrels and bolts (except .338 NM barrel) and will be able to run .223, .308, 6.5CM and .338NM off one action.

Jasent,

Keep it up man, I love the progress!

338 Norma magnum is an awesome cartridge and super easy to develop loads for.
I developed a reloading program for a buddy of mine with one.

Reactions: Longshot85
Who would be the resource for crunching the numbers on the math behind running larger than intended calibers out of these factory actions?

If anyone has the most appropriate formula or formulas just send them to me and I'll crunch it.

Who would be the resource for crunching the numbers on the math behind running larger than intended calibers out of these factory actions?

If anyone has the most appropriate formula or formulas just send them to me and I'll crunch it.
That would be cool. I did read the 112 target magnum has beefier bolt lugs and the action is heat treated differently than savages other lapua actions

Grafs is now selling the Peterson 33XC brass so you don't have to deal with tubb anymore....if that helps. I just picked up 350 pcs for my self and customers.

Frank

Ya same hear, no issues with Tubb. I was thinking the RCC brass might last a bit longer and just be a higher quality more consistent route to go.