• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

37XC build

Thinking the same, especially if the firing pin protrusion can be adjusted in the smaller bolts, could run .223 on up through the 33/37/41XC on the same action. Would make for a good switch barrel setup I think

Reactions: jasent
I’ve got some dope for 2600+ now.
Gotta get together on the east side or west side.
I have a nice rock now at 2800+ And 2994 yards.

Think I got dial to 2800ish depending on da. Through the viper on it cause the swfa just wasn’t enough glass for 2566.
I’m out of dial and tree at 2650.
I had to use the tree to scale the area above the rock to get a hold point above the target.
It wasn’t optimal but worked surprisingly well.

I’m out of dial and tree at 2650.
I had to use the tree to scale the area above the rock to get a hold point above the target.
It wasn’t optimal but worked surprisingly well.
What slope do you have on your rail? How much down dial do you have from zero

You have 25 mills down? Or is that total
Total left to dial up with 100 yard zero.
Scope has about 30-32 total.
I think my current barrel has the curvature pointing downward because the 260 barrel in it before had a bit more elevation available.

Was on his face book page.
I just shim my rails till I’m dead bottom for zero. Some time 10-20” high at 100. Rarely shoot 100 any way. Shim it till it’s right then bed it. Some folks call it red neck but it’s never let me down. 60 moa is only 1 degree. Sounds like you could go another 15 easily

Reactions: Geno C.
The loading port length was my next question but you answers that. I don’t think I’ve ever had to eject a loaded round on my 375. I’m thinking this is the cheapest way to built an elr gun.

If I remember correctly I’m at 3.780 bto. Can’t remember coal. Right at .050 jump with the flatlines

Got my measurements messed up. Coal is 4.780. Yes using should bump gage to measure bto which I can’t seem to find right now

From what I’ve seen with monos you can reliably use coal cause they don’t have much if any variation from what I can see with the flatlines anyway. If there is any variation it can’t be measured with my calipers

Reactions: Geno C.
Finally got a chance to get back up to my 2500 yard spot. 3rd round impact! Very happy with results.

8 mph wind coming up the mountain had me dial 4 moa less elevation and left to right wind at target had me holding 3 moa left.

Target is red dot
811A38B1-1EA8-4F31-841B-16AA406C028F.jpeg

Lol funny thing is the seconds display in the video. Least on my end. I think he was trying to say bull shit on my shot.....and the more I think about it I think that bullshiter is a dirty carnie that can’t count 🤣

Last edited:
Initially I was jus thinking that bullet got there a little quick. Then I thought about all the reasons that could cause it. Idk, fun to put a face with a name

Initially I was jus thinking that bullet got there a little quick. Then I thought about all the reasons that could cause it. Idk, fun to put a face with a name
I agree sept you got no face on your page just a carousel

I attribute it to the awesome Warner flatlines and the awesome bc. And being at over 5000 ft helped a bit 😝. Absolute pressure was 24.92 which is pretty high for that spot. Often low 24 to high 23

I agree sept you got no face on your page just a carousel

I attribute it to the awesome Warner flatlines and the awesome bc. And being at over 5000 ft helped a bit 😝. Absolute pressure was 24.92 which is pretty high for that spot. Often low 24 to high 23
Come on over to the View thread. Everyone knows what I look like 😝

While it should be listed, G1 to G7 is a fairly simple conversion. G1 x 0.512 will get you an approximate G7 Value

For reference, I run the 350s and their bc is .940g1 currently. Holds very true to 3000 at least

That’s almost as high as the flatlines are. G7 .494 which has worked well for me. Wish I had a faster twist in this barrel.

Having extraction issues. Not sure what’s up.... to be continued

Hopefully it's something simple but Savage actions aren't exactly known for amazing extraction from what I've heard and seen with a few I've owned over the years

Same load. No changes, tried dropping 1 gr and still doing it.
Extractor is ripping right through the rim Primer looks flatter but impacts are same.
Same lot of powder and primers

Going to run bore scope in to day and check things out.

Chambering felt a little stiffer than normal so going to double check sizing die adjustment also.
Hoping it something simple

Reactions: camotoe
Anneal every firing. Neck length is good. Chamber is clear, no carbon ring. Checking dies now

New brass chambers fine