• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

416 Barrett

oldreliable45120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2009
Long Island NY
I was pondering the thought of getting 416 Barrett. I did a general search but found nothing. Any 416 shooters here? I'm looking for reloading data and a sorce of componants. I checked out barrett but there not giving anything up. They want to sell there stuff only.
BTW I wont be buying a Barrett, there rifles are having extracting problems with the 416. Go figure there gun and round. thanks for the help.

Re: 416 Barrett

Just my $.02 but where the heck in L.I. are you going to shoot it? You guys can't own a 50 right? There are no components except from Barrett and it will cost twice as much to shoot as a 338 LM and four times as much as a 308. At least with them you can get components and not worry about Bloomie coming out to L.I. with an anti terrorist task force to send you to Rikers.
Good shooting!

Mr H,

You may want to research and rethink your comments in regards to what and where components can be gotten in regards to the 416 Barrett. You can get projectiles from Lehigh Bullets, Lutz Moeller in Germany, Barrett, and few others.

And him being able to own a 50 has nothing to do with his desire and/or ability to research and own a 416B.

Thanks

If you aren't wanting to use Barrett loaded ammo, you could contact GRUK and ask how they're getting on with their ammo development.

Bullets:

Lehigh
Predator Projectiles
AAA
Barrett
GSC
Lutz Moeller
GRUK (?)

I would suggest a .338LM instead if component availability is an issue. There's a wide variety of brass, bullets, dies, etc available in high volume. On top of that, even the .408 Cheytac (or .375 Cheytac) are easier to get components for and both are well proven extreme range rounds.

The .416 Barrett is a cool cartridge on paper, but if you ask around you may find that it doesn't perform as well as expected.

Mr.Humble FYI I already own 2 50's a Barrett and a Anzio Ironworks. I regulary shoot 200yrds and I have access to 900yrds when I visit my father in Idaho.(his back yard range we built). I also have 2 338 Lapua's 700 MLR and a TRG-42. So i am no stranger to long range shooting or loading.
I was looking into the Chy-Tac also dut I'm not about to spend that kind of money on a rifle again, i can get a barrett 82 alot cheeper unless you know where to get a 408/375 at a REAL good price. Then again who has 408/375 dies? Jamison has brass, how about bullet heads? Thats my deciding factor also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldreliable45120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i can get a barrett 82 alot cheeper unless you know where to get a 408/375 at a REAL good price. Then again who has 408/375 dies? Jamison has brass, how about bullet heads? Thats my deciding factor also.</div></div>

CH4D for dies, Jamison for brass, Lehigh and Jamison for high BC bullets. Not difficult like it was a few years ago.

later
Is lutz moller not just copying heads from gs custom ?