• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4DOF’s good but Frank is better

Newbie2020

Mmmyeah...whatever
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2020
Nebraska
I was at a Frank and Marc class in Imperial, NE this weekend walking my 223 out to distance.

@Lowlight
@Enough Said

My dope was funky at 655 and I couldn’t spot my miss so I asked Frank for dope for my 223 at 655.

Frank said “5 mils”

I dialed on 5.0 and sent it. Impact. Waterline. I had to true the MV to get 4DOF to match.

4DOF is good but Frank is better. Haha

Great class. Dynamic wind. Lots of terrain. Fun shooters. Big steaks. Cold beer. I’ll be back.

I was at a Frank and Marc class in Imperial, NE this weekend walking my 223 out to distance.

@Lowlight
@Enough Said

My dope was funky at 655 and I couldn’t spot my miss so I asked Frank for dope for my 223 at 655.

Frank said “5 mils”

I dialed on 5.0 and sent it. Impact. Waterline. I had to true the MV to get 4DOF to match.

4DOF is good but Frank is better. Haha

Great class. Dynamic wind. Lots of terrain. Fun shooters. Big steaks. Cold beer. I’ll be back.
Sad I missed that one. Hope to make one soon.

What rifle were you shooting, and how far out did you get with it? I have a Remington 5R 223 with a 20" barrel that shoots better than .5 MOA out to 300 (the longest Ive shot it), wondering what I might expect further out.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Rem700
20” barrel
73 gr ELDM
925 yds but unconfirmed. No way to see or hear the impact. 700 yds confirmed.

Was Frank using weaponized math?

Also, I’m sure it’s on this site somewhere, but could you post a link to the class you took? Sounds like a good time.

IMG_0906.jpeg

Rem700
20” barrel
73 gr ELDM
925 yds but unconfirmed. No way to see or hear the impact. 700 yds confirmed.
Excellent, congratulations. I've got my best groups with 77 grain Remington Match. I think 700 easily doable, would like to hit 1K but thats iffy.

Ha

Strelok has been dead on with multiple rifles to 1000+

Accurate velocity.
Accurate inputs
Accurate calculator

Ya need it all

Big steaks you say? Tell me more

No. He pulled it straight out of his ass. That’s @Lowlight

Walking talking ballistic solver. Yes I’m a Frank and Marc fanboy groupie.

I would've thought he'd pull everything and anything outta that tactical goatee of his. It's getting so outta hand he's gonna be needing a flail mower to trim it!

you were (presumably) paying frank for his time/experience/expertise....

4DOF is free

which would you want/expect the better answer from?

as I understand, frank is/was an actual real marine corps sniper who's life (and others lives) depended on his skills....... otoh, (and as good as it is) 4dof is a marketing thing

Its the bear pit so:

Breaking news from 400 BC: Real world evidence trumps theory.

I need breakfast and a cold beer

• Love
Reactions: Maggot