• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 Bmg Blow up....

For those that love their Serbu 50, enjoy & good luck.

I do not understand how you could be so blind to not see that there is no overpressure relief.
You are relying on the cap & ears.

I guess its a case of "you can lead a horse to water"

Yeah I do believe ultralights are classified as "experimental" and have a giant sticker exclaiming such on the airframe. And anyone flying them knows the risks and is willing to take them. Does the serbu say experimental on the side and are the buyers aware of such? Most people buying an off the shelf firearm are not doing it to play russian roulette. Anymore stupid analogys?
Funny how you didn't like my analogy, but you brought up Russian roulette with a single shot rifle. Based on your last comment, this is an argument that I will never win. You are clearly going to beat me with your experience....

Whether a zip gun is made of "high grade steel" or pot metal....its still a zip gun.
An extremely well made zip gun....is still a zip gun.

Anyone who has seen a single gun, that is the subject of this thread, fail catastrophically and we have. At that point, anyone who owns one and continues to shoot it, is a complete fucking idiot.

Reactions: Tokay444
Funny how you didn't like my analogy, but you brought up Russian roulette with a single shot rifle. Based on your last comment, this is an argument that I will never win. You are clearly going to beat me with your experience....
Its funny you don't understand the term "Russian roulette".
An argument you can't win? Holy shit.

I must be the only person who thinks of a revolver when the term Russian roulette is used. I don't think you read my response at face value. I will add you to list of people not to argue with, as you also have much more experience ;)

I must be the only person who thinks of a revolver when the term Russian roulette is used. I don't think you read my response at face value. I will add you to list of people not to argue with, as you also have much more experience ;)
Considering your previous statements in this thread and your understanding of a common metaphor, that list of people you're not in any position to argue with must be pretty long....

It's a crap design, period.
We've all made bad purchases based on cool advertisement, tit advertisement or simply drunk purchasing... Pick one, own it.

And just think, if the engineer that designed the rifle had enough education to add an appropriate gasport, we wouldn't be having this discussion today...

Reactions: tomcatfan
It's a crap design, period.
We've all made bad purchases based on cool advertisement, tit advertisement or simply drunk purchasing... Pick one, own it.

And just think, if the engineer that designed the rifle had enough education to add an appropriate gasport, we wouldn't be having this discussion today...

No wonder...your comments seem to follow your buying criteria...drunk, buying the spin and thinking with the wrong head...

crickets...imagine that. This pistol has obvious problems, yet the peanut gallery doesn't seem to want to touch this with a ten foot pool...oh, the hypocrisy. And you say there is no bias?

crickets...imagine that. This pistol has obvious problems, yet the peanut gallery doesn't seem to want to touch this with a ten foot pool...oh, the hypocrisy. And you say there is no bias?
You are a whiny bitch ainthcha?
How bout the Thompson Contender?
Thats a break open pistol too.

So now you want to talk about other guns?
Do you yield?

The hell are you talking about now? Didn't anybody ever tell you clicking on random hyperlinks online usually isn't a good idea?

Garbage guns are garbage guns... don't see where you're going with this. At this point you're just trying to change the subject by bringing up other shit guns and being like "Well why won't you rip on this one?" The most ironic part is that trash pistol is still safer than the RN50.

You seem to have really shitty taste in guns. Crickets? No we as a group generally scoff at garbage pail guns including your potato gun 50 and this stupid "pocket AK"
I think you wandered into the wrong forum, follow the breadcrumbs back to ARFCOM.

The hell are you talking about now? Didn't anybody ever tell you clicking on random hyperlinks online usually isn't a good idea?

Garbage guns are garbage guns... don't see where you're going with this. At this point you're just trying to change the subject by bringing up other shit guns and being like "Well why won't you rip on this one?" The most ironic part is that trash pistol is still safer than the RN50.

I don't own any garbage guns, not unlike on of you who spent money on a crappy pistol just to say he did...oh my.

Not changing anything here Bubba...just pointing out the bias when it comes to other guns that are considerably worse than the one you all seem to be butt-hurt over.

Flame on...thats what you do best.

Rather than participating in the dick measuring contest going on, back to the topic at hand. These guys tried to blow up a mosin nagant and couldn’t do it. This is what people were talking about when saying fail safe…

Reactions: KZP
Project much?

Never.

I don't own any garbage guns, not unlike on of you who spent money on a crappy pistol just to say he did...oh my.

Not changing anything here Bubba...just pointing out the bias when it comes to other guns that are considerably worse than the one you all seem to be butt-hurt over.

Seriously this thread is about Scott's rifle blowing up not other shit firearms.

It seems you either can't or won't comprehend the design flaws with said firearm in question after they have been pointed out many times.
AGAIN JUST FOR YOU, NOWHERE FOR GAS TO VENT WITH A RUPTURED CASE & WHAT AGAIN WAS USED TO REMOVE SAID BRASS WITH NO BASE ON IT ???
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SCREW ON CAP & THE EARS TO KEEP IT ON AGAIN ?

Yes I have seen one of these rifles in person & there is no way I would want to be anywhere near anyone who was firing it let alone using it myself.

Enjoy yours as it seams ignorance is bliss,
Good luck

Except, it didn’t lodge anything into his artery, or even cause him to have to go to the hospital, so as shit as it is, it’s still better than your pipe bomb.

Rather than participating in the dick measuring contest going on, back to the topic at hand. These guys tried to blow up a mosin nagant and couldn’t do it. This is what people were talking about when saying fail safe…

as much as i love the video...at one point the younger guy is closing his eyes while pulling the trigger, because he expects the worst

umm... closing your eyes will not protect you from a grenade

Your insults mean nothing, we've all seen who you simp for. You're not even an entertaining monkey at this point. It's just depressing.

And this is your response? You are boring. This thread is boring. Your stale comments are boring. The monkey train...not boring.
Are you a Democrat? Cause you seem to accuse others, of what you are guilty.
mittelfinger-middle-finger.gif

I am an American...

You think like a Democrat when your fist question looks for confirmation I am the enemy. You are a tool, like many others here you don't think for themselves...hence the Monkey train.
So you are a leftist.

Well your command of English is certainly shit.
Now grease your sore pussy up with some lotrimin or some vagisil, and fuck right off, you divine cunt.

I am an American...

You think like a Democrat when your fist question looks for confirmation I am the enemy. You are a tool, like many others here you don't think for themselves...hence the Monkey train.
C'mon, say it. SAY IT ! Accuse everyone here of (use the word !) "Groupthink"........:rolleyes:

Every time one of you doorknobs comes around (on average, about once a month) and starts slinging shit, invariably, the term "Groupthink" gets thrown around. It never occurrs to any of you self centered little pricks that there are a lot of like minded people here. Many people that have never met each other in person, never BS'd over a beer or two, or never been out to dinner or shooting together. Just one question; What are the odds that all those people "got together" and decided what everyone should think ?

Jesus, give your head a shake. Oh, and the constant attacks on others, while not providing any other input of value gets the attention of the Mods. Guys like you don't last very long around here and for good reason. And no, I'm not going to turn you in to the Mods. I don't have to. Problems like you tend to be a self licking ice cream cone. Enjoy your time here while it lasts. ;)

Last edited:
C'mon, say it. SAY IT ! Accuse everyone here of (use the word !) "Groupthink"........:rolleyes:

Every time one of you doorknobs comes around (on average, about once a month) and starts slinging shit, invariably, the term "Groupthink" gets throw around. It nevers occurrs to any of you self centered little pricks that there are a lot of like minded people here. Many people that have never met each other in person, never BS'd over a beer or two, or never been out to dinner or shooting together. Just one question; What are the odds that all those people "got together" and decided what everyone should think ?

Jesus, give your head a shake. Oh, and the constant attacks on others, while not providing any other input of value gets the attention of the Mods. Guys like you don't last very long around here and for good reason. And no, I'm not going to turn you in to the Mods. I don't have to. Problems like you tend to be a self licking ice cream cone. Enjoy your time here while it lasts. ;)
Big Daddy Kane! The king of groupthink approves.

citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Threadcutter308

Every time one of you doorknobs comes around (on average, about once a month) and starts slinging shit, invariably, the term "Groupthink" gets throw around. It never occurrs to any of you self centered little pricks that there are a lot of like minded people here. Many people that have never met each other in person, never BS'd over a beer or two, or never been out to dinner or shooting together. Just one question; What are the odds that all those people "got together" and decided what everyone should think ?

He already did.

Well, I suppose the sliver lining to all this faggotry is :

1) Renov8 has made this thread much easier to find in Google searches..

2) he's shown everyone just what a fucking retard he is...

so hopefully the next time this shill tries to organize a serbu pipe bomb group buy, people will be able to do a search and see what an utter ass clown this guy is before giving him any money.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose the sliver lining to all this faggotry is :

1) Renov8 has made this thread much easier to find in Google searches..

2) he's show everyone just what a fucking retard he is...

so hopefully the next time this shill tries to organize a serbu pipe bomb group buy, people will be able to do a search and see what an utter ass clown this guy is before giving him any money.
IMO his goal was to get the thread nuked as it may be interfering with plans to organize another group buy.

is ruining any credibility you might have had really worth it?

i mean, im happy to continue...better for everyone in the long run really.
It's been mildly amusing watching renov8 fail at tanking this thread. I just hope mods delete the unnecessary posts and keep this thread around when the ban cat wakes up. Contains some pretty useful info for someone looking into whether or not they should buy the RN50.

While, we're on the RN50, I haven't seen much discussion yet about the longevity of screw threads. How long will it take before RN50 buyers to start wearing out the threads on the barrel that the cap threads onto? The RN50 owners manual doesn't specify a torque rating for that cap. It just says if a cartridge seems stuck when screwing the cap down, then get a 7/8 wrench and tighten it till it fits. Considering the number of people in the world who naturally over-tightens everything they put a wrench onto; it's only a matter of time before another blow up.

Last edited:
I’d eat that pig’s asshole raw before I shot one of these pipe bombs, but I hope the renovations guy keeps shooting his.

I looked at the RN50 and had a chance to talk to Mark Serbu at the Shot show.
Good guy, he knows his stuff and is a skilled weapons designer.
I had fired the LAR50 Grizzly and thought that was a bit weird breech loading by removing the butt, but there was just something too funky about screwing a breech cap on and off a .50 on the RN.

But ultimately it was worth the money to me to buy the Barrett.

Maybe Kentucky Ballistics and others will read the fine print and avoid shooting SLAP rounds through a brake in the future.
Or we just let Darwin run the course.

is ruining any credibility you might have had really worth it?

i mean, im happy to continue...better for everyone in the long run really.
Oh...so now you tell me I have credibility?

I always had it, just not apparent to those of you with an axe to grind.

Fool.

this "skilled weapons designer" designed the upper KB was shooting specifically for SLAP rounds...

....maybe that "skilled weapons designer" shouldve read the fine print.

again, this goes back to professional responsibility to design a safe product, because the customers arent engineers, and shouldnt be expected to have to do an engineering analysis to make sure the products being sold to them are safe.....that is the ENGINEERS job.

There are many ways to build guns. You seem to think your way is the best way. Show me one of your designs which has been accepted by the marketplace?