• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

50 Cal loads M8 bullet

stan462

Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Las Vegas
Any good loads for the 50 CAl using the military surplus powder
IMR 5010 powder with a 622 gr bullet.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 50 Cal loads M8 bullet

I loaded them with around 215 gr. for a normal load I went up to around 230gr. but try 10% less for starters. I used a McBros, Armalite and a AMAC 5100.

I also load 215gr of 5010! This load is out of LC brass, CCI #35 primers, and topped with BAll, AP, or API.

Two other guys that shoot 50's also load the same!

Attached is a cut sheet! Use for ref only!

api.jpg

Terry

You sure that is a 622 grain bullet? Most are 647-649 API or 690-700 black tip AP. Or the 619 APIT's they are different and need to adjust powder levels accordingly. Remeasure them and tell me what you have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sure that is a 622 grain bullet? Most are 647-649 API or 690-700 black tip AP. Or the 619 APIT's they are different and need to adjust powder levels accordingly. Remeasure them and tell me what you have. </div></div>

His bullet weight is on the money for M8 pr my cut sheet!

M8.jpg

Terry

I don't normally use that projo. (legal issues her in Kalifornia) I do however get a lot of supplies from Hi-Tech and they are showing M8 as 649? Hmmm Don't know if the spec has changed or maybe something is wrong somewhere. Stan how about putting a few of those on a scale and letting us know.

I got several thousand API's from Pat's a few years ago.

Tossed 10-15 form seprate cans on the MXX-123 and they are all in the 620-625gr range!

DSCI0005_2.jpg

Terry

However, it would pay for him to check what he has. The 215gr load works well for my Ball, AP, and API's. Most guys on the FCSA board are shooting 215gr.

Another good site for 50 cal info is North Coast Shootes. There are a bunch of 50 shooters on that site! Nick Mullet is the guy that runs the site! He also arranges many 1000yd matches for 50 shooters.

He has a forum will lots of guys that shoot 50's. Just another source for info!

North Coast Shooters

Terry

Well there you have it. Thanks Terry
When I get home I will have to put that into Quickload and check out what I get. Those look like a lot of fun, to bad it is a no-no here. I have been using mostly the 690 black tip AP and AMax

Back when Talon Mfg announced that they must cease operations! A buudy and me pulled all our funny money and made a run to Pat's. I grabbed as much unsized ball, AP, API, tracer, and some Spotter. Also grabed a few thou of the 308 CBC 147gr pull downs. This was one of the smartest things I can admit to doing in my life! Now its tuff to find! Seeing 50 Ammo for $4-$5 a pop makes me want to puke! With what I stashed I can reload for $.067/round. Got lots of buddys with 50's but they only shoot 10 rounds on a range trip! When my buddy and I go it's rare that we shoot less than 40 rounds each.

Like my dad said "follow the 7 P's" and you will be ok.

Terry

Reactions: camocorvette

The Dodge Ram he had was dragging ass from Ohio back to the Burgh!!

That day a guy can up from TN to deliver loaded 50's to Brian! We unloaded a good 500 cans out of that guys van! Don't know how the shocks held out! He had every can sold before they was unloaded. Took them all to Knob creek!

Might have to make another run out to Pat's! He just started allowing guys to pick up at the warehouse again! The last year and a half they would not allow anyone to pick up and that sucked! It was worth the drive from the Burgh to pats to save on the S&H and HAZMAT's.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those look like a lot of fun, to bad it is a no-no here. I have been using mostly the 690 black tip AP and AMax </div></div>

The spotters are really fun! 650yd steel plate with spotters! Trace, then Flash bang on impact! Guys love to pop a few off at the range!

A Real crowd pleaser! LOL!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgBLl0y7rHU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgBLl0y7rHU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Terry

This was out of my AR50 at 650yds!