• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.50 cal surplus brass

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
I have a friend wanting to give me couple hundred spent .50 cases. They have crimped primers, and I have no experience with such. Will it be a royal pain in the arse to straighten up these primer pockets?

At almost $2 a case .50 brass, I'm willing to put some work into it...
laugh.gif

Re: .50 cal surplus brass

Awesome, thanks Adam....

I already have a Wilson trimmer, I guess I can just order up the trimmer and collet for the .50 case and call it good!

If you are going to do that many and they are crimped
step 1.
http://www.hamiltonfirearms.com/geoaz.html
primer punch set.
step 2.
http://www.ch4d.com/ go to the .50BMG menu
priming and swage kit. Swage primer pocket.
step 3. as above with sinclair or talk to Dave or Charles at CH4D he has a nice primer pocket uniformer, flash hole uniformer.
step 4. prime away as all you will need to do after that is knock and clean the pocket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a friend wanting to give me couple hundred spent .50 cases. They have crimped primers, and I have no experience with such. Will it be a royal pain in the arse to straighten up these primer pockets?

At almost $2 a case .50 brass, I'm willing to put some work into it...
laugh.gif
</div></div>

JRose
That's too much for you my man. I think you should give them to me so you don't have to sweat over them. Hell, I'll even pay for the shipping.
smile.gif

Get a 5/16" diameter four flute end mill with a depth stop and a chamfering bit! The 5/16 end mill will uniform your pockets and the chamfer will remove your crimp and make your primers slide right in! Done thousands this way. I used the C&H tool for awhile but switched back.

Hope this helps.

Terry

DSCI0001-4.jpg