• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition 52-60 score 30-35 mph wind

John1999

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2013
Hey guys, this was the second time I've shot at 500 yards and I was just wondering is a 52 out of 60 with 1 x (bullseye) a good score? There were 30-35 mph winds. Thanks.

Did you only shoot 6 shots? Not sure I understand the score...

First time up [MENTION=80736]500[/MENTION] yds in 30-35 mph wind, hitting paper is hard enough for most people.

Did you only shoot 6 shots? Not sure I understand the score...

First time up [MENTION=80736]500[/MENTION] yds in 30-35 mph wind, hitting paper is hard enough for most people.

The max score you can get per shot is 6, 10 shots in each string.

Good or bad... is a relative thing.

If 52 was the highest score fired, congrats... if the other way around... well, you get the point.

For example, Worlds late Aug. Very calm morning. F Open shooters up to bat first. Highest possible score is 75-15V

Shooters left the line shaking their heads in dismay with ONLY a 75 with low V count. I think winning scores were 75 with 12 or 13 V. at 800yds.

One relays later, shooters are coming by to congratulate a shooter for an amazing display of wind reading... He ONLY shot a 68 - didn't see his V count. Same distance.

So it is always relative to the conditions presented and how you compare to your peer group.

Jerry

It also depends on what the wind is doing. Two yrs ago I went to the National Matches at Camp Perry for the first ever F Class competition held there. The first match I shot was the first time I'd ever broken 190 in a 20 shot match, I think it was a 191 or a 193. I came off the line from that match with 7½ minutes dialed on, but it was a steady wind. Later that weekend I shot a 180 dropping points out both sides of the target, not nearly as much wind as the first match, but what there was seemed to come from everywhere all at once.