• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 5x20x50mm Trijicon

Re: 5x20x50mm Trijicon

They are two different animals. The Trijicon has very little elevation adjustment compared to the SS, it is SFP and the SS is FFP. The Super sniper has arguably a much better thought out reticle.

Both are good scopes, they just serve different purposes in my mind. For a low light hunting rig that you are not going to shoot to very long distances the Trijicon would work fine. For Longer distance shooting, ranging and tactical shooting the SS would work much better.

You know, this brings up a good point- the Trijicon 5-20x really seemed like an afterthought. If Trijicon really put some effort into that scope, I think that it'd be a fantastic scope in the $1k range. The glass is excellent, but that's really the only redeeming quality besides the dual-illumination. If they could put more elevation on there, put in a Gen2 style mildot, and then do a mil/mil version, I think that it'd a be a good competitor against the Leupold Mark4 and Nikon MonarchX SFP scopes.

However, as pointed out, in this comparison the SS is a far superior scope.

I own one and love it. Sandbogg is correct on the elevation. Mine sets in a 1 peice warne tactical mount that his a high mount onop of my 700 ltr tactical in aics system. I however dont shoot past 500 yds.becasue I have no place to shoot furhter. I put about 30 rnds through it while it was on my SASS in .308 then put it on the above weapon system. After boresighting it the windage froze. It would only track left. I called Trijicon that day, which was a Thursday, UPS's it out Friday with a copy of my cred's and a letter stating what was wrong with it. I called Tuesday and the lady did not know why adjustmets froze, replaced it all overnighted it back to me and I had it on Wed. Not had a problem since. It uses the Army Mil-Dot system.

I have a Triji 5x20. It is an excellent optic, but as it has been reported here, just does not have the elevation for real distance shooting. It is a good clear optic for an affordable price. That little illuminated reticle is awfully nice in low light.