• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor real world velocities

30” barrel with 42.7gn of H4350 I get 2900 with Berger 140 hybrids so with a26” barrel you should be at about 2800. I would start around 41.5gn and work up. I went up to 43gn and stopped there because I felt a little sticky bolt lift on a couple rounds.
I purchased some Hornady 140eld ammo that was on sale a few years ago and got 2900fps out of it. I was surprised to get that kind of speed out of factory ammo I could tell it was hot by the felt recoil so I chronographed it.
If anyone else has run a 30" barrel I'd be grateful to hear your experiences. Load, velo etc. Thanks

November 4, 2023 @ 10:37 A.M. 140g Barnes Match Burner + 41.5g RL16 + Federal SRM Primer in Lapua Brass. Average Velocity = 2729 fps. Standard Deviation = 9 fps. Extreme Spread = 22 fps. Temperature was 48 degrees @ 74 % relative humidity with zero wind. I shot two groups of 7/16" center to center at 100 meters with a Ruger Precision Rifle.