• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel barrel there's not on left on earth!

hicapacity25

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
Oregon
These seem to be as hard to find as Bigfoot, lets see I've been online looking for two weeks at least three hr. a day for a 20"- 22" new or used ! This build may just not get done till summer if ever at this rate.

Re: 6.5 Grendel barrel there's not on left on earth!

I know the feeling.

Shilen @ Midway supposed to be in stock in two days...

GL

yeah on there notify list for a satern barrel also

Check over on 65grendel.com. Sometimes there are some for sale over there.

Have you called jt distributing? I just added a 20" 6.5g bull barrel to cart and got no message of backorder or out of stock. I've heard pretty good things about their barrels if you haven't already looked into them.

yeah i saw that a week or so ago and was wondering about those barrels? i have one ordered through AA but havent heard from them also

BE forums? What/where is that?

Why go grendel? I reload and decided to go with the 6mmAR=6.5 grendel necked down to 6mm. The ballistics are looking amazing shooting the 105 gr bullets at 2750 with no pressure signs at all. I just ordered a barrel and waiting to find a couple custom dies to get delivered. All it takes is a FL resize and shoot.

You posted this 2 weeks too late. I just pulled my 18" Satern barrel and sold it...

Call Deb at Satern and see what they can do for you---have been good to me!

Have you tried Scott at Specialized Dynamics?

There is also Les Baer and JP rifles!

Check with Harrison(AR15 Performance)at the end of this month, he might have some .264 pipes in. I have one of the 18" bbls, between it and his Superbolt, you won't beat those for the price...

BHW would be my next choice...

I called blackholeweaponry; about a 2 month wait. They are 6.5/264LBCs though. It is the shortest waitlist I found after getting an "I don't know when we will start taking orders again" from Alexander Arms. Good luck on your build, and please PM me if you find in-stock Grendel bolts.

Yeah everyone is months out wait if you can even get someone to answer phone or email! Man I wish my business had this kind of a back- up

Might try lokiweaponsystems.com They had a bunch on had a while back. But no idea how fast they went since the crasyness started. Good luck.

PS. I'll sell you mine for 4k on gunbroker...I kid I kid

I guess cross loki off the list I just heard they went out of business and might have taken alot of people's money with them.

I wasn't able to find a 6.5 barrel a few months ago. I thought they would have been more readily available, but I couldn't find one under $400.

Just keep your eyes peeled man. I was searching high and low for a 300blk barrel for two weeks. Then some showed up on midway. Good luck!

Precision Firearms just recently relocated and will be back online very soon. He, Mark, does a whole bunch with 6.5 Grendall and I know for a fact he has cases and cases of 6.5 barrels in stock from Bartlein, Lilja, and Les Baer.... He is getting Kriegers in soon as well. Precisionfirearms.com

He manufactures damn good ammo as well.

I'd avoid Precision Firearms and Mark like the plague. Unless of course you want to deal with a narsasistic personality that does spotty work and lies to you, then by all means go ahead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildBill3/75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd avoid Precision Firearms and Mark like the plague. Unless of course you want to deal with a narsasistic personality that does spotty work and lies to you, then by all means go ahead. </div></div>

Holy crap there has been quite of few people that have been saying that lately, I don't know if it is because of the move or lack of returning phone calls and emails but I have never had a problem with him.

All makers have been on backorder for a long time. Back one when I wanted one in july/june, the wait times where around 3-5 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DIESEL758</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey man try www.tacticalammunition.com </div></div>

Ordered a 6.5 barrel from them on 11/14 after being told it was in stock and would ship the next week. I still haven't gotten it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DIESEL758</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildBill3/75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd avoid Precision Firearms and Mark like the plague. Unless of course you want to deal with a narsasistic personality that does spotty work and lies to you, then by all means go ahead. </div></div>

Holy crap there has been quite of few people that have been saying that lately, I don't know if it is because of the move or lack of returning phone calls and emails but I have never had a problem with him. </div></div>

What happend to me June-Aug 2012,

I payed damn near $800 for a brand new diamond fluted lilja with matching bolt(way over priced I know I just really wanted the barrel and didn't want to wait on satern)....he sent me a regular fluted lilja that had gas block set screw marks, a giant surface scratch on it, and copper in the barrel...gets better. He improperly attached the barrel extension so when I mounted it in my upper the barrel canted hard to the right side. He also installed the barrel extension with a roll pin instead of the usual regular solid pin.

Phone conversations were ridiculous..When I told him he sent me the wrong barrel he tells me that he doesn't do diamond fluting any more and didn't know who accepted an order for one(when he was the one who turned me on to the idea of a diamond flute, and weeks after the whole incident I see posts on the internet with him offering the option...). I'm easy going and don't care if it is regular fluting so I say I am fine with the one he sent me I just wanted to be refunded the diffrence.I also asked him if he test fires his barrels before he sends them off, he says not they are all new. Then I tell him that I cleaned copper out of the barrel he sent me and he says OH YEAH I test fired 1 out of a few...sure. When I tell him about the cant in the barrel he makes me sound like I'm an idiot and can't mount a barrel and there is no way that he fucked up installing the barrel extension. I end up sending him my whole upper. It ended up being the barrel extension....in the process he sends it back without my BCG and charging handle. I then had to harass him to find the BCG/charging handle which took him over a week to find.

The barrel shoots around 1/2MOA with factory hornady 123 amax's which I'm happy with but all the bad with my dealing with Mark makes that my 1st and last experiance with Precision Firearms in MD.

I put my order for my AA 20" in back in October... Still no barrel yet.

Then I put in an order for a BHW 20" in early December... No barrel there either.

I'll update you when either one of them comes in.

Got a whole Seekins set up waiting with an Andrews arms piston kit ready to put together once it shows up.

Good luck,
Merritt

I put my order for my AA 20" in back in October... Still no barrel yet.

Then I put in an order for a BHW 20" in early December... No barrel there either.

I'll update you when either one of them comes in.

Got a whole Seekins set up waiting with an Andrews arms piston kit ready to put together once it shows up.

Good luck,
Merritt

Any updates on any grendel barrels? I have everything ready to go. just need a barrel. Thanks.

Talked to Satern barrels today. They found a new manufacturer for bolts and are hopefully looking at 2 months from getting them. They told me they were working on some Grendel barrels now but still waiting on bolts.

Thats great, i will give them a call monday. Thank you.

Why go grendel? I reload and decided to go with the 6mmAR=6.5 grendel necked down to 6mm. The ballistics are looking amazing shooting the 105 gr bullets at 2750 with no pressure signs at all. I just ordered a barrel and waiting to find a couple custom dies to get delivered. All it takes is a FL resize and shoot.

Did you get it from Robert Whitley? I was under the impression that he didnt offer parts, only full builds? I would love to sell my krieger 6.5 grendel barrel if I could try a 6mmAR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildBill3/75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd avoid Precision Firearms and Mark like the plague. Unless of course you want to deal with a narsasistic personality that does spotty work and lies to you, then by all means go ahead. </div></div>

Holy crap there has been quite of few people that have been saying that lately, I don't know if it is because of the move or lack of returning phone calls and emails but I have never had a problem with him.

I ordered a upper build from Mark Feb 1 this year. Was a bartlein 6.5 Grendel set up. I will post when I get it. Should be soon. Ordered a 24" barrel and have been thinking I went a bit to long. I could always buy a shorter barrel later though.