• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5x47 & 147gr ELD-M/140g RDF/Berger Hybrids

BallisticPrimate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
I'm currently running 130g projectiles in my 6.5x47 and I'm looking at getting into the heavier options once they are gone. There's obviously a few newer options on the scene to compete with the 140 hybrids which seem to be the standard. Anyone running the 147's - If I can get them to 2700fps+ out of a 25 inch barrel they look phenomenal. The RDF's also seem to beat out the hybrids from a BC standpoint.

What is everyone's favourite 140-147gr load and why?

Thanks in advance
BP

Don't believe the Nosler RDF numbers. Several members have tested their BC claims and it's not even close. I'd stick with the Hybrids or the ELDs.

Testing the 140 eldm and rdf, my calculated vs actual dope out to 1000yd fits the advertised bc. For me the node is a little higher fps for the eldm, so even with a lower bc the actual dope is identical for both. At least as a first pass on steel. More testing tomorrow. So far I'm happy with both as the wind drift is nearly 1/2 what I have with 123 Scenars.

I'm having to enter a .69 G1 BC to get hits with the Nosler 140 RDF.
Not sure who's having trouble with them, but I'm finding they are as easy to tune as the 130 AR Match Hybrid. It out runs the 147 ELD in my Creed by a half a mil at 1000 yards

Not sure who's having trouble with them, but I'm finding they are as easy to tune as the 130 AR Match Hybrid. It out runs the 147 ELD in my Creed by a half a mil at 1000 yards

.69 is an incredible BC for a 140 - I'm going to have to get my hands on some RDF's

Don't believe the Nosler RDF numbers. Several members have tested their BC claims and it's not even close. I'd stick with the Hybrids or the ELDs.

I can find no evidence of this, can you refer me to a link? Thanks

How about the 147 eld-m's with RL17(or H4350?) in the 6.5 Lapua? I think I'm going to try it in my soon to be 260. Rem. Barrett MRAD barrel?

MRAD master-race as "The German" says!

I think the 147 is going to be a little heavy out of the x47. it runs pretty good out of the 6.5 creed, but that case has more capacity. I tried the 140 (and 130) eld-m and berger hybrids. I found the best one to be the 140 eld-m. it was faster than the 140 berger for the same powder charge (less bearing surface) and more consistent. I think the bergers are good, but to top the eld you would need to spend the time cutting and pointing the meplet. I spend a fair amount of time trying to get the most consistent loads I can, but don't want to have to go that far. so, for the the eld-ms are the way to go.

I also had good luck at 37.0, but my best was 38.0 of varget out of a 26" tube. getting around 2840 and it was dead on with the listed G7 BC and that velocity out to 900 and only .1 low at 1000. not even sure I could true that out. from a bunch of the guys I shoot with, even in the 6.5 creed, 2820-2840 seems to be a sweet spot with the 140g eld-m. my creed shooting buddies have pushed it harder, but they started to get poor results.

fwiw, the 38.0g of varget in the 140 eld is 7.9mils to 1000, which is pretty good. I haven't gotten to play with the RDF yet, but the ELD-Ms are shooting so well, i'm not going to bother with them in this barrel.

I've been having good luck with 140 hybrids in my 6.5cm 30 inch tube. But but starting to here alot of good about the 143 edlx at the range. Any input??

I'm currently running 130g projectiles in my 6.5x47 and I'm looking at getting into the heavier options once they are gone. There's obviously a few newer options on the scene to compete with the 140 hybrids which seem to be the standard. Anyone running the 147's - If I can get them to 2700fps+ out of a 25 inch barrel they look phenomenal. The RDF's also seem to beat out the hybrids from a BC standpoint.

What is everyone's favourite 140-147gr load and why?

Thanks in advance
BP

39.8gr H4350
147gr ELD-M
2.070” BTO
2710fps from Criterion Light Varmint 24” with 8” twist.
5 shots at 100 yards.

u1763E.jpg

Any chance you would share that load data?

I don't shoot Prime ammunition's but Prime are using in the 6.5X47 the 147GR HORNADY ELDM and their ammo's are highly respected for accuracy. In the last Precision Rifle Expo, they were using Prime (creedmoor)for the unlimited range hits over 1,000 yards.

What is everyone's favourite 140-147gr load and why? I have shot 130 Berger AR Hybrid and got great results, 140 Berger Hybrid target also great, Hornady 130 and 140 ELDM'S. I have a .290 neck ,Bartle 5R 1:8 twist 24 in M40 contour in a B and C A5 stock. Best group so far is .181x.281. 35.5 gr of varget Hornady 130 ELD M. STAYED AWAY FROM 147. I SHOOT THEM IN MY 6.5CM.

Thanks in advance
BP