• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**6 Creedmoor**

Gotcha! I kinda figured the 107s were a little shorter, thus the shorter OAL length.

I haven't played with mine a whole lot either since getting my custom built 223 wylde and getting it broke in.

I'll probably wait until I have 100 rounds through the 6 creed and get all my brass fireformed before I really start getting serious with my load development. As it is, I feel it's pretty close. Gonna be somewhere around 40-40.2g H4350 at 2.795" or so. I plan to load in .1g increments and shoot at 300 yards to find the right charge, and then see if tweaking the depth a little shorter will change anything. And lastly, trying a couple different primers after I've nailed the charge/seating depth.

18” 1-8t X-Caliber
88g Berger FBV
CCI 450 Magnum Primer
H4350-45g
BSD-2.130 (.15 jump)
COAL-2.819
Avg FPS-3180

Attachments

• IMG_9955.jpeg
    IMG_9955.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 16
Guess I got it as good as it will go for the 107 SMK / H4350 in this barrel (26", 1:7.25 Bartlein). I had two distinct plateaus in velocity for groups (not a single shot). I usually don't believe in that stuff, but this barrel has shown it enough that I'm starting to drink the "flat spot" kool-aid * in this barrel.

I beat myself about the head and neck trying to get good accuracy out of that slightly higher charge weight. 1/2 - 3/4 MOA...no better or worse.

Loaded back down to the more promising charge weight that gave good results earlier. I did not do as well as last time, but I had more wind today too (excuses, excuses). Loaded one last group and shot it at 300...it held up rather well in the wind. Guess I'm done.

Today's tests:
20240404_160713.jpg

I tried to move the dime far enough away that somebody wouldn't think I was trying to cover anything. 😉

Whole target:
20240404_160723.jpg

What I was trying to duplicate and failed:
20240404_164259.jpg

^ This is 40.0. I ran 39.9 and 40.1 over a chronograph and had an ES and SD average of 25.5 and 8.5 between the two. Velocity is going to be right at 2,950.

Just dropping a little more N160 data, as I don’t see a lot and VV powders are becoming the cheaper option…

22” suppressed, Lapua cases/CCI 41/N160/105/2.7” OAL

This was shot left column down, then back up the right. The rifle was allowed to “cool” between strings (about as much as you can in with a little shade, no wind, and high temps). The differences in velocity (in red) for 5 shot strings are… something.
Scan_20240418 analysis'.png

I’ve suspected N160 in this cartridge of being a little temp sensitive when it’s hot for a while now. My previous outings with virgin brass at 70*F averaged 2760 on two different 69*F days, same charge with once fired nets about 2823 at 89*F… unless it’s the last group of the day, then the same charge on a hot barrel averages 2865. I haven’t quite wrapped my head around it yet, but I’ll probably be vacuum sealing some rounds to do some temp testing next time out.

It could have been that the barrel was late to speed up (200 rounds then vs 275 now), 40 rounds of fouling, or maybe the difference in sizing/mandrel/the humidity while I was loading – hard to say. I honestly expected a small drop in velocity once everything was fireformed/resized, which is why I added more powder from the baseline of 41/2760.

Considering the total of 40 rounds aggregates under 1” with a .21” mean radius (and the fact I know that I possess neither diggler's oustanding marksmanship nor penmanship), I think I’ve reached the ‘stop messing with it’ phase- I’d just like to have a good temp sensitivity input to load into the kestrel and to add a little more confidence.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.