• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6gt

Impact 737
Bartlein 7.5 @ 26

109 ELDM
Alpha brass
CCI 450
H4350 36.5gr
.1 jump
Avg 2820
SD 3.1
ES 8
5 shots at 100 .269
Just shy of 800 rds on the barrel

Trues out to 500yd spot on

Reactions: CK1.0 and Hickswr
On a non load data note, I was having a hell of a time chambering the first round out of a full AI mag in my TL3, accurate mag was better but, just ok. Then I tried the MDT 12 rounder with the binder plate and it’s like buttah. Anyone else had this experience?
Kinda opposite exp for me. Both were tough to load the top rnd (loaded mag). Sometimes the MDT nose dive. Both mags have tuned feed lips.

I prefer Accurate-Mags

On a non load data note, I was having a hell of a time chambering the first round out of a full AI mag in my TL3, accurate mag was better but, just ok. Then I tried the MDT 12 rounder with the binder plate and it’s like buttah. Anyone else had this experience?
I only have the MDT 12 rounder. Feeds fine as long as I only load 11 or less. 12 is a no go and stovepipes the first round.

Arc mags with altus 2 shot extensions, 12 round of straight perfection with the gt case in my arc or bighorn actions, 22gt and 6gt.

I've got 4 of them in my kit. Run flawless from day one.
ARC mags are either loved or hated it seems. I Love them & also have 3 + 1 with the 419 extension. I’ve had zero issues running them in 6GT, 25C, & 6.5C. Actions are ARC & Tika with KRG Xray.

Reactions: MDof2
MDT 10 and 12 rounders no issues for me on an Impact action/MPA BA. Also, have some Magpul AICS mags and they work really well too.

ARC mags are either loved or hated it seems. I Love them & also have 3 + 1 with the 419 extension. I’ve had zero issues running them in 6GT, 25C, & 6.5C. Actions are ARC & Tika with KRG Xray.
I even run my lone peak fuzion 6bra with the arc mags. I have to load the rounds about 1/4" forward of the rear plate, but runs very well might have 1 or 2 miss feeds out of 100 rounds. A lot of positional of a bag on big props, a long mag will cause issues. I wish someone could come out with a better design for the br based cases. I know some run aw mags, but I had hell with em.

Do they even make Arc mags anymore. I can’t find any anywhere.
They still make them. Their pretty good about posting eta for out of stock items. Should be back in stock this month.
337F5ADA-7118-4335-94C7-2BD24D94662B.png

Reactions: drglock
That estimated date has moved out like 3 times in last 2 months. I hope they have a boatload comming or they won't last long.
Possibly post a WTB add? I recently purchased a new xlr chasis from a guy, he happened to have a few extra arc mags he wasn't using. I was happy to take them off his hands.

Anyone here using 6GT with lighter bullets in the 95gr range?

I just picked up some 6.5 StaBall to try in a 6GT I'm building for being a handy/hunting rifle. I plan on shooting the Barnes 95gr LRX solids in it out of a proof 22" carbon barrel.

According to the data on Hogdon's website, I should be able to get around 3200 FPS. (Assuming normal loss in speed from the 24" test barrel used for their data) This seems a bit high out of a 22" barrel IMO, but with alpha brass and a gun that won't be shot much, I'm going to run it as hard as I can.

I know, I'm better going with a 6CM or 6.5CM for hunting, but I really like the GT and if I can push a 95gr 3200FPS, it will take care of everything I need it to. It will also most likely shoot my match ammo from my other guns pretty well too, which means one less thing to load for.

Reactions: xdeano
Anyone here using 6GT with lighter bullets in the 95gr range?

I just picked up some 6.5 StaBall to try in a 6GT I'm building for being a handy/hunting rifle. I plan on shooting the Barnes 95gr LRX solids in it out of a proof 22" carbon barrel.

According to the data on Hogdon's website, I should be able to get around 3200 FPS. (Assuming normal loss in speed from the 24" test barrel used for their data) This seems a bit high out of a 22" barrel IMO, but with alpha brass and a gun that won't be shot much, I'm going to run it as hard as I can.

I know, I'm better going with a 6CM or 6.5CM for hunting, but I really like the GT and if I can push a 95gr 3200FPS, it will take care of everything I need it to. It will also most likely shoot my match ammo from my other guns pretty well too, which means one less thing to load for.
My buddy has a 16” GT and he’s using 88gr Hammer bullets with H4895 pushing then at 3080fps

Reactions: SouthFLShootin
I used up some Hornady 95 SSTs during initial zeroing and they looked pretty good. 26" 7.5 twist Bartlein 5R HV, mild load of 32.0 grains of VV N140, .020" off lands, Hornady brass, CCI 450.

I didn't chronograph them, but my notes say I used 1.5 MOA (~.5 Mil) up for this group at 200 yards (1" diamond), which is roughly 2850 fps. I moved on to testing my usual 105s, so I can't say how consistent the 95s are.

Attachments

• 6GT-Hornady-95-SST-32.0-N140-200-yards.jpg
    6GT-Hornady-95-SST-32.0-N140-200-yards.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: SouthFLShootin
Has anyone run IMR 4064? I have a ton of it and I plan on a 6GT build shortly. I ALWAYS seem to miss out on Varget and H4350 when they are available but seem to accidently stumble across 4064 all the time... While it is similar to Varget in burn rate, they are 2 different powders so any input on running it would be appreciated.
My bartlein produced 2850 with 32.4gr. SD of 9 over 15 rounds with 115VLD’s. One hole 5 shot groups. Much better groups than Varget. I’ll probably back it down to 32.0 to get little better downrange impact recognition.

Who here has used barnes 112gr match burners? I been running 109lrht's but they havent been coming up much, so i was thinking about trying some new bullets. I was looking at berger 115vld's, hornady 109eld-m's, or the match burners. i was also considering some berger 105's, but i like a slightly heavier bullet.

Who here has used barnes 112gr match burners? I been running 109lrht's but they havent been coming up much, so i was thinking about trying some new bullets. I was looking at berger 115vld's, hornady 109eld-m's, or the match burners. i was also considering some berger 105's, but i like a slightly heavier bullet.

I’ve shot ~3500 112gr Match Burners at this point and have another 3500 on the shelf…

They’re trash, total shit, you won’t hit anything with them, won’t group for shit. lol 😂 (I want to keep them in-stock and the price down)

I started using them when DTAC’s became unavailable and have been using them ever since.

I get a .301-.310 G7 for ~$0.27 a pull.

I won’t say they’re better than A-tips or 109 Hybrids… but they’re most of the way there (closer than most might think) for half the cost.

For me, the MB 112's have been a solid alternative. Here's a target at 410 yards... I know it's not amazing but pretty good for me and my Savage Model 12. :)

Ballistic-X-Export-2022-08-02 08_33_45.199594.jpg

I'm chambering 2 barrels with the long freebore alpha 6gt reamer primary for the 112 as I have quite a few. I tried them in my original short freebore 6gt chamber 2 years ago and never really could get that 1/3 moa accuracy I strive for. That barrel was a lil picky, but shot 108bt bergers in the 1s and 2s consistently.

Reactions: Turbwhistle
I'm chambering 2 barrels with the long freebore alpha 6gt reamer primary for the 112 as I have quite a few. I tried them in my original short freebore 6gt chamber 2 years ago and never really could get that 1/3 moa accuracy I strive for. That barrel was a lil picky, but shot 108bt bergers in the 1s and 2s consistently.
Who is spinning up the barrels for you? My next comp barrel i want a longer freebore, and i was thinking of having a carbon 6gt barrel spun up, was thinking it would be a sweet deer rifle.

Who is spinning up the barrels for you? My next comp barrel i want a longer freebore, and i was thinking of having a carbon 6gt barrel spun up, was thinking it would be a sweet deer rifle.
Manzella Precision in Montana. Excellent smith. Lead times used to be short but he's become quite busy, and for good reason. The reamer is my own purchase as his house reamer was standard gap spec. I wanted a tad more neck diameter and slightly larger diameter freebore, all which alpha offered.

Reactions: Turbwhistle
well, i ordered 1000 of them, hopefully they shoot well while i keep an eye out for more 109's.

FWIW, they like to jump, probably more than you think (or might normally try).

I run mine ~0.100" off, and once I've decided on a load, I haven't had to touch a thing for the life of 2 barrels now. The big jump is forgiving, maybe not the tightest, but small enough groups (depending on how many you want to burn punching paper in close), but yields a boring, consistent, and reliable waterline out to 1250yrds, and one can load the same exact round the whole time.

Reactions: Daverx7
FWIW, they like to jump, probably more than you think (or might normally try).

I run mine ~0.100" off, and once I've decided on a load, I haven't had to touch a thing for the life of 2 barrels now. The big jump is forgiving, maybe not the tightest, but small enough groups (depending on how many you want to burn punching paper in close), but yields a boring, consistent, and reliable waterline out to 1250yrds, and one can load the same exact round the whole time.
I been running a .060 jump with 109’s, so I’ll probably work up some new loads to find what these like. If the shoot well and stay available, i may just never go back. Any idea what the trued bc is on them?

Any idea what the trued bc is on them?

For me, right now I'm getting a .303 G7 at 2900fps on the nose, trued at 1000yrds and confirmed at 750/1250yrds.

Barnes lists a G1 of .624, I did the drag function conversion here: https://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmgf-5.1.cgi

- spits out a G7 of .310 (which I've gotten on calm summer days when it's been hot as fuck out).

Starting with a .300-.310 G7 will put you in the neighborhood.

IMG_6C0CD4FB529C-1.jpeg

Any idea what the trued bc is on them?
For what it's worth, my Kestrel app has the default at:
G1 = .601
G7 = .308

Once I finish up my load development of the Berger Hybrid 109's (which has lots of fat happy seating depth to choose from), I'll definitely be going back to the MB112's and finish that effort up. It really was looking promising.

I been running a .060 jump with 109’s, so I’ll probably work up some new loads to find what these like. If the shoot well and stay available, i may just never go back. Any idea what the trued bc is on them?
Did a little bit of digging and found one of my logs...

This one is a velocity test with my Savage Model 10... Jump was 20K. I know this is a small range of charge weight, but did 3 rounds to see if they were going to give an indication of consistency.

Note... My Model 10's barrel shoots faster than my 12.

Maybe it is of some use?
MB12 Savage 10 - Velocity Test.png

50 fps increase in speed normal at 800 rounds through a barrel? This is what I recorded yesterday on the MS. DOPE was consistent out to 1010 with this input.

50 fps increase in speed normal at 800 rounds through a barrel? This is what I recorded yesterday on the MS. DOPE was consistent out to 1010 with this input.
Not really......I've had my hawkhill and bartleins stabilize by 200. Then one oddball had a jump again at 400. Check for carbon ring? Powder or bullet lot change?

50fps would have me looking at the enviormentals and reconfirming my zero first… then, if the weather/elevation was close enough to not be the culprit, and the zero was solid, I’d look elsewhere. It could be a number of things… like: if you don’t anneal every firing your neck tension could be changing, etc.

I’d clean the barrel, recheck zero, and see what you get, you may have been off before and now you’re right lol.

number of things… like: if you don’t anneal every firing your neck tension could be changing, etc.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

This is the first time I haven’t annealed.

All components are the same. I cleaned the carbon ring not long ago. Zero was spot on. Like a .5 moa group of ten rounds during chrono/zero. Waterline at 1000 was spot on for chrono’d speed and very consistent. Except for the stages I dropped, I cleaned or nearly cleaned those I could actually shoot. I need to figure out how to be more consistent.

All components are the same. I cleaned the carbon ring not long ago. Zero was spot on. Like a .5 moa group of ten rounds during chrono/zero. Waterline at 1000 was spot on for chrono’d speed and very consistent. Except for the stages I dropped, I cleaned or nearly cleaned those I could actually shoot. I need to figure out how to be more consistent.

I think the problem with this stuff is once you get it sort of figured out, you’re kind of screwed, because then it means you end up doing every single step, every single time lol. 😂

Skipping annealing one time changing 50fps? Possibly? I've tried 002 to 006 neck tension before and there was maybe 15fps in between everything. Not annealing will likely change you're spring back and probably give 001 less neck tension, which would maybe give you 10fps more velocity. This is just in my experience/testing. I just asked a guys who I know anneal every 3 firings, they do not see more than 20fps increase in velocity in between any of their reload cycles without annealing. Do you have a bore scope? Whats your load data/cartridge? Some powders foul quicker than others, do you have a tight freebore diameter that'd show carbon ring pressure sooner? I had a tight bore 6mm Krieger near 800 rounds it started shooting fast like WAY fast 100fps and major psi signs. I cleaned the dog shit out that barrel as RL16 was leaving carbon ring in the chamber neck, freebore and leade, as well as first 4" of barrel. I never did get it back to where it was, I ended up having to drop a node as the high node now had pressure. This was due to the 236 vs 237 bore diameter, and at 800 rounds the barrel started to get enough fire cracking in throat to cause bullets to pressure up.

Since the weather wasn't working out for finishing up my Hybrid 109 development, I thought I would just have some fun and shoot a MB 112 load with my Model 12, and a RDF 115 with the Model 10. I was able to get one good group in before the wind picked up and lots of mirage.

2022-09-25-142338_002.png

Reactions: 4O6shootist
Since the weather wasn't working out for finishing up my Hybrid 109 development, I thought I would just have some fun and shoot a MB 112 load with my Model 12, and a RDF 115 with the Model 10. I was able to get one good group in before the wind picked up and lots of mirage.

View attachment 7963530
2900-2930fps area?

MB 112....
Velocity, SD, ES
2933, 4, 11
2935, 5.1, 18
Nice, I'm building a 6gt for the woman, 26" marksman 7.5tw on an origin. 170 freebore, will be running these 112s. Either N150, H4350, RL16 or N555, whichever gives best performance at that 2900 node.

Nice, I'm building a 6gt for the woman, 26" marksman 7.5tw on an origin. 170 freebore, will be running these 112s.
I've had pretty good luck with the two of mine (Criterion 26" SS MTU for the Savages).

The only bullet that seems to have me scratching my head is the Blem RDF 115's (I even sorted them by OAL). The rest have been solid:
ELDM 108​
SMK 107​
MB 112​
Berger Hybrid 109's have by far been the best ones​

I do have a few others that are waiting in queue to be tried (ELDM 109, Berger Hybrid 105, MB 105, etc.)

Hope you the one you build for her becomes a good shooter!

Anyone having to use a modified BR spacer kit for their 6GT to feed flawlessly?
I have had zero issues feeding gt from MDT, accurate, or arc aics mags. I know in the ai rifles, guys will modify hrd aw mag kits as the gt needs more oal than the dasher.

Reactions: S3th
Just a PSA for anyone who goes with the Hornady 6mmGT custom die set that GA Precision sells here: https://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/reloading/hornady-6mm-gt-die-set-w-microjust-seater.html

If you want to use the included FL die without the expander ball, but still want to decap/deprime while sizing, you'll need this:

Hornady part no. 396303 "New Dimension Die Decapping Pin Retainer Pistol" - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011064613?pid=480942

- and FWIW, as it comes out of the box, be advised that I think they use Loctite on the expander ball spindle assembly (I had to use a torch to disassemble mine).

JMHO, but I think the die set is a great deal because you get a custom-honed FL die (.266) without the hassle of sending in fired cases and then having to wait... But, if you don't use expander balls, and instead use a mandrel to open up the necks after sizing (like all the cool kids), you'll either need to decap first in a separate step, or, order the little part mentioned above.

Last edited:
Just a PSA for anyone who goes with the Hornady 6mmGT custom die set that GA Precision sells here: https://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/reloading/hornady-6mm-gt-die-set-w-microjust-seater.html

If you want to use the included FL die without the expander ball, but still want to decap/deprime while sizing, you'll need this:

Hornady part no. 396303 "New Dimension Die Decapping Pin Retainer Pistol" - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011064613?pid=480942

- and FWIW, as it comes out of the box, be advised that I think they use Loctite on the expander ball spindle assembly (I had to use a torch to disassemble mine).

JMHO, but I think the die set is a great deal because you get a custom-honed FL die (.266) without the hassle of sending in fired cases and then having to wait... But, if you don't use expander balls, and instead use a mandrel to open up the necks after sizing (like all the cool kids), you'll either need to decap first in a separate step, or, order the little part mentioned above.

Good tip!

OR…..skip the torch required disassembly step and just take a few thousands off the expander ball with a Dremel and then use it to decap and straighten out really damaged necks while still retaining the ability to set final neck diameter with a mandrel.

Looking forward to messing around with this caliber. Building a rifle for my fiance to shoot recreationally long range as well as hunt with. Does anyone have any experience hunting with the gt yet? I'm planning on running the 105 hybrids with varget.

737 NBK
Manners LRH
24" Bartlein M24 pre-fit from Bugholes with spiral fluting.

Going to be running it suppressed a majority of the time with my OCL hydrogen.

Finally got to shoot my 6GT build. Impact Precision action, Proof competition contour barrel blank, and MDT ACC chassis. I had a local competitor/gunsmith/machinist spin up the barrel and ended up with 27” barrel.

8EB0B188-7C0A-4ECD-8AA9-F580FFDA4F60.jpeg

A31643DC-865C-4977-96D0-311B56BE00AA.jpeg

Shot the first 40 rnds today, first 10 or so were break-in/zero. The next 30 were getting acquainted at various distances from 100 to 550 yds. I had a magneto speed on it for the first 20 rnds. All 40 rnds were Hornady factory 109 gr ELD-M’s.

Max velocity: 2,944
Min velocity: 2,916
Average velocity: 2,928
SD: 11.2 (not bad for factory ammo I suppose)

My plan going forward is finish shooting the rest of the Hornady factory ammo I bought for break-in and the getting-to-know-you phase, then start working up a load. I’ve got a wad of H4350 powder, CCI SR primers, my once fired brass (see how long the Hornady brass lasts…), and a supply of 108 gr ELD-Ms.

I purchased the Hornady dies that GAP sells, but also bought a Mighty Armory decapping die and 21st Century mandrel die. Thinking I’ll decap, tumble, FL size (with the expander ball removed), then size the neck with the mandrel die. Chamfer/debur, clean the primer pockets, then prime.

See anything I should be thinking about?

FWIW, I’ve loaded a barrel’s worth of 6.5CM and also for various hunting calibers over the year. With the 6.5CM, I’ve been mainly neck sizing with a Forster bump die and bushing. The 6GT is the first rifle caliber I’m going to try breaking the brass prep down into decap/FL size/mandrel size the neck.

Reactions: Professor Oblivion