• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6gt

waiting on a 6gt barrel. It seems like everyone is mainly shooting the Berger 105 & 109 Hybrids which are pretty much impossible to find at the moment. Has anyone used the Berger 108 BT? This will strictly be a PRS round. Most matches 600-1000 yd range with an odd ball out to 1250 only shoot that once a year.
A friend uses it for prs... told me it was super consistent and grouped well on target but gets a little loose when the wind kicks up.

A friend uses it for prs... told me it was super consistent and grouped well on target but gets a little loose in when the wind kicks up.
I have been running the 108gr ELDM's @2930fps with hornady brass and H4350. It is easy to tune and does well enough in the wind. I have shot my 6GT out to a mile with good results. It holds its own.
I wish I could find Bergers locally. If I could I would shoot them over theELDM'S.

Reactions: rick539
I have been running the 108gr ELDM's @2930fps with hornady brass and H4350. It is easy to tune and does well enough in the wind. I have shot my 6GT out to a mile with good results. It holds its own.
I wish I could find Bergers locally. If I could I would shoot them over theELDM'S.
I was happy with the 108 ELD as well when I ran it earlier this year. Applied Ballistics gave it one of the most consistent BC SD's too.

I was happy with the 108 ELD as well when I ran it earlier this year. Applied Ballistics gave it one of the most consistent BC SD's too.
I have had great results with the 108gr eldm. The Hornady 105gr bthp does well also. I use them to break in the barrel.

Considering switching to 6 Dasher when my GT barrel goes. Is there any reason to do that or am I just overthinking this? I really don't know why I'm considering Dasher but, is there any reason to consider it? I'm only shooting PRS type matches if that matters.

Do you like your gt? If not - switch. Do you want to try something new to you - switch. I do know a couple of guys that shoot a bbl in 6bra then have it reamed to 6gt. They continue to use bra in matches and practice mainly with the gt.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Considering switching to 6 Dasher when my GT barrel goes. Is there any reason to do that or am I just overthinking this? I really don't know why I'm considering Dasher but, is there any reason to consider it? I'm only shooting PRS type matches if that matters.
Absolutely no reason if you already have dies, components, etc. Just another expensive workup.

Impact 737 proof pre fit 26"(altus) powder: 6.5 staball. Brass: alpha ocd primer: cci450. Bullet: 108 eldm. Charge weight: 38.0. Velocity: 2875 This is a load I been shooting for about a year or so in two different Gt barrels. I shot 5 matches this year with this load and it shoots as good as anything I have loaded, including varget, h4350, and swp. It usually hovers around 8-10 sd, with es around 20, on 25 shot strings. All charges dropped from Hornady powder thrower, with Hornady dies. No scales, no trickling. Holds waterlines out to 1000 yards with ease. Powder is dirty, but haven't had any problems with accuracy or carbon rings during two day matches. I'm not saying it's the best powder, but it will make you rethink sitting there for hours weighing and trickling.

Why? What does the Dasher do for you that the GT isn't? (not rhetorical, not being a smart ass, genuinely curious on your reasoning or thought process)

Spun on barrel #7 for the 2023 season and shot it yesterday. Going shorter with a 22" Hawk Hill 7.5 tw, heavy comp. Still performing well. 15 x 2 groups. Shawn at HH did the chambering.👍🏾

1000006255.jpg

0BcbSTG.jpeg

Last edited:
When's the last time anyone has seen 109 bergers? I'm down to around 300 105's, so I've got to make a move on some bullets soon.

Why? What does the Dasher do for you that the GT isn't? (not rhetorical, not being a smart ass, genuinely curious on your reasoning or thought process)
I don't know. It's why I asked. Likely gonna stick with GT since I have the dies, load data, etc.

Reactions: MDof2
Thanks guys. Looks like the 105 vld's and the 108 BT from Berger are available. Anyone like one over the other?

The 108 BT is almost identical in design to the 107 SMK. I like the 108 BTs and you can find them for a lot less than the others and a lot more frequent. The 108 Elite Hunters are a hybrid design with a blended ogive.

I’ve been running the 108’s in my my rifle for the last 1000 or so rds with good results, I’m down to around 500 or so left myself.

Reactions: RS14

HELP HUGE SHOULDER BUMP​

Happy holidays everyone. I wanted to ask if anyone has any insight with what I am seeing that has me stumped.
I got my 6GT from GA Precision spring 2022 and what an amazing rifle. So far I have loaded and shot 100 new alpha brass for break in process with 105 Nosler RDF because it’s what I had. By the way 34.7 Varget gets barely over 3000 fps and about .2 MOA.
The issue is now I go to reload those original once fired brass and the shoulder bump is HUGE. I have tried two good die’s with Same result. Also using zero press.
Fired brass measures from 1.3040 to 1.3100 with SAC comparator
— When I run SAC die to contact shell holder I get .031 bump
— When I run Micron die to contact shell holder I get about .026 bump
I unscrewed the SAC die until I got the proper .002 shoulder bump and then measured gap between shell holder and bottom of die body and as expected it was about .032
THATS A WHOLE LOTTA BUMPIN’
not sure I have seen that much bump in contact with shell holders for other cartridges. The guys over at SAC are incredible to work with way beyond generous and offered to help troubleshoot so I gave them some examples of fired brass and my die to troubleshoot.

Are you all seeing this much bump when contacting the shell holder? Could something be wrong with my chamber?

Any help I would be thankful for
Thanks

HELP HUGE SHOULDER BUMP​

Happy holidays everyone. I wanted to ask if anyone has any insight with what I am seeing that has me stumped.
I got my 6GT from GA Precision spring 2022 and what an amazing rifle. So far I have loaded and shot 100 new alpha brass for break in process with 105 Nosler RDF because it’s what I had. By the way 34.7 Varget gets barely over 3000 fps and about .2 MOA.
The issue is now I go to reload those original once fired brass and the shoulder bump is HUGE. I have tried two good die’s with Same result. Also using zero press.
I unscrewed the SAC die until I got the proper .002 shoulder bump and then measured gap between shell holder and bottom of die body and as expected it was about .032
not sure I have seen that much bump in contact with shell holders for other cartridges. The guys over at SAC are incredible to work with way beyond generous and offered to help troubleshoot so I gave them some examples of fired brass and my die to troubleshoot.

Are you all seeing this much bump when contacting the shell holder? Could something be wrong with my chamber?

Thanks
Are you using generation 1 or 2 SAC dies?

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski

HELP HUGE SHOULDER BUMP​

Thanks
Don’t let the die make contact with your shell holder.

Adjust it for about .002” bump.

That is odd. I usually see a range of .002 max on fired headspace.

Honestly I never check the gap between die and shell holder. I screw it in till it touches, back off about 1/2 turn, & then adjust down till I get about .002 bump. I wouldn't want there to be a huge gap, but I wouldn't sweat .035.

Having a little gap is a good thing. It means you have adjustment room for bumping shoulders. This would only be a problem if you start to get clickers after 2-3 firings. That tells you that either the die isn't sizing the lower portion of the case enough or it's not sizing down far enough on that lower portion.

That is odd. I usually see a range of .002 max on fired headspace.

Same, but only when the shoulder is done growing. Sometimes that takes more than one firing.

I don't like to automatically bump back 1st fired brass .002 without making sure that the fired brass shows some resistance when closing the bolt, I want to make sure it's fully grown first.

Same, but only when the shoulder is done growing. Sometimes that takes more than one firing.

I don't like to automatically bump back 1st fired brass .002 without making sure that the fired brass shows some resistance when closing the bolt, I want to make sure it's fully grown first.
This is a great point brass for sure has not grown to fill chamber yet. The once fire brass still chambers before sizing but you can feel it on the longer brass barely when closing bolt. But longer brass that fill chamber on second firing would have even more initial bump would it not?

I went ahead and did just this to go ahead and get them resised for loading. Just dont understand why its so much.
I have had this before on a 6.5x47.

Thought I was seeing pressure at first as all my fired brass had ejector marks on them.
After a lot of dicking around, I determined I was bumping shoulders way too far.

I, like you, followed the die instructions and ran into issues.

I didn’t know if it was a die issue or chamber issue, but after adjusting for only .002” shoulder bump, everything worked well.

Spun on barrel #7 for the 2023 season and shot it yesterday. Going shorter with a 22" Hawk Hill 7.5 tw, heavy comp. Still performing well. 15 x 2 groups. Shawn at HH did the chambering.👍🏾
How far you jumping those 109s? I have 2x gt hawkhill 7.5tw pipes shipping my way. I went with the long freebore alpha reamer.

How far you jumping those 109s? I have 2x gt hawkhill 7.5tw pipes shipping my way. I went with the long freebore alpha reamer.
I honestly don't know. lol

I have loaded the same load for several barrels. My CBTO is 1.845. It's likely around 60 thou jump.

You will like the Hawk Hills barrels.

I honestly don't know. lol

I have loaded the same load for several barrels. My CBTO is 1.845. It's likely around 60 thou jump.

You will like the Hawk Hills barrels.
Oh I'm very happy with my 3 other HH barrels! Thanks for the info. Ran 109s in my last 6gt, started at 40k off, by the end it was 120k off and still shot in the 3s.

I went ahead and did just this to go ahead and get them resised for loading. Just dont understand why its so much.
I was also looking at the Area 419 Zero modular shell holder system to get closer to contact and realized that if me and everyone else that shoots a 6GT has to back the die out about .030 to get a .002 shoulder bump than that product is useless for what it is designed to do. It may work on some cartridges I guess or maybe custom dies but can’t see the use of that product.

I was also looking at the Area 419 Zero modular shell holder system to get closer to contact and realized that if me and everyone else that shoots a 6GT has to back the die out about .030 to get a .002 shoulder bump than that product is useless for what it is designed to do. It may work on some cartridges I guess or maybe custom dies but can’t see the use of that product.
I just set mine up. Whidden dies. Slight cam over. +6 shell plate produces perfect shoulder bump. I have 2 turrets for 7 rifles. All set up without any issues.

26” Proof 1:7.5” (competition contour)
Area 419 Hellfire Match brake
Hornady virgin brass
CCI 450 primer
36.6gr H4350
108gr ELD-M seated w/ 0.030” jump
2955 fps

Attachments

• C8FED1A2-EA5F-4899-ACD1-31D4C7C8B3CA.jpeg
    C8FED1A2-EA5F-4899-ACD1-31D4C7C8B3CA.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 71
Did some searching and couldn’t find it but do I need a special stem for the 109 ELDMs? Running the RCBS match master set now

Got the gt dialed in today. I’ll stretch her out next time. This time was just 100 yard groups and some plinking at a 1.5” plate at 325 yards Shooting 108 boat tails over 36.5g h4350 with cci400s in alpha brass. Running right at 2940 fps. These are 2 seperate 3 round groups. shot the bullseye first, dialed up .4 mils and shot the upper group. Easily most accurate rifle I’ve ever owned or shot
4A055816-B889-4FC1-8F87-5ED7D77CAF23.jpeg
8D2DA490-947B-4899-8F2E-3F788690C6D3.jpeg

Got the gt dialed in today. I’ll stretch her out next time. This time was just 100 yard groups and some plinking at a 1.5” plate at 325 yards Shooting 108 boat tails over 36.5g h4350 with cci400s in alpha brass. Running right at 2940 fps. These are 2 seperate 3 round groups. shot the bullseye first, dialed up .4 mils and shot the upper group. Easily most accurate rifle I’ve ever owned or shot View attachment 8035999View attachment 8036000
Good looking rifle there. And welcome to the club. 😬

Reactions: Jakeweb09
Im breaking in a new barrel with 32gr 4166 and 108bt bergers running 2780. They're jumping 70ish thou? Not certain but man does it shoot. My previous match load from old barrel with 109 lrht is shooting in the 2s and 3s. This hawkhill shoots better than the bartlein it replaced.

Reactions: NiteQwill and DLS