• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm BR

Yeah I'm thinking he may have had a bad chamber or resizing die (everything he sent me was sized already).

Thankfully I was able to size it back down after soaking it in lube and forcing it through the press. The last time this happened I wound up throwing away 200 pieces of brass.

With the 6br small base body die that brass is put right back where it needs to be... Nothing wrong with the chamber or sizing die, it happens with 6BR.

☝️ This is very true. But it could also happen when you over-pressure your brass. I did this to 100 rounds of Dasher brass and about 80 rds of 6 Creed Alpha brass. I was able to fix the Dasher brass but I have never found a small base 6 Creed die. If the web is .476 that would be a pretty boogered up chamber. Or he over-pressured it and got rid of the brass

Doesn't PVA have a small base sizing die you can use for your 6 creed?

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Yes but also No. I tried that. The bushings they provide with the die are .463. Too tight. I was shaving brass off the web. I measured the bushing and found it was .463. Got a hold of Josh and after 6 months of waiting for a proper bushing size he finally just said they weren't going to make the right size (.468).

Great concept, but they just couldn't make the right bushing

same experience i had with the PVA SB bushing die as far as the bushing and shaving brass but with BRX brass.

Yes but also No. I tried that. The bushings they provide with the die are .463. Too tight. I was shaving brass off the web. I measured the bushing and found it was .463. Got a hold of Josh and after 6 months of waiting for a proper bushing size he finally just said they weren't going to make the right size (.468).

Great concept, but they just couldn't make the right bushing

That's a shame.

Well for 6BR specifically the Redding small base body die works GREAT! Just screwed a brand new Bartlein 6BR barrel on and used it on 4x fired brass that is good to go with primer pockets as tight as new brass. I then ran it in my SAC 6BR sizing die. Chambers like brand new brass.

Just screwed a brand new 28" Bartlein 1:7.5 6BR barrel on my TL3 this morning that Ive been waiting on from Frank. They are slammed right now just like everyone else so things are taking a little longer than normal.

I loaded up 50rd with 105 BTHP's so I could zero the gun and get some rounds down the barrel and 50rd of 107smk all with H4895. Used the 3x fired brass from my previous 2 6br barrels that wouldnt chamber in this barrel because its a different reamer... Redding small base 6BR body die took care of that then bumped them and neck sized all with the SAC 6BR die which is awesome! All these rounds were loaded up with SAC "The Seating Die."

I put 20 rounds of the 105BTHP's down range to zero and foul the barrel some then I shot the below 5 shot group with the first 5 rounds I loaded into the mag of 107smk's... Cant beat that after 20rd down the barrel and zero load development. This reamer has more freebore than my last 3 6BR barrels... For reference, my last 3 6BR barrels all cut with the same reamer, the 107smk touched the lands at 2.345" COAL where this chamber the 107smk hits the lands at 2.393" COAL so 0.048" more freebore..

I would say next up is load development but... with the way this combo is shooting Im just gonna take these 107smk rounds and test them out to 700yd... I have a metric shit ton of 105 Hybrids but damn Im liking these 107smk's!

The Hornady 105 BTHP chronod at 2835 while these 107smk were slower at 2790.... Both with 29.3gr H4895.... Ill take accuracy over velocity all day long but I was suprised they were almost 50fps slower...

Bighorn TL3
28" Bartlein 1:7.5 6BR PVA
XLR Envy Pro JV Competition
BNA TacSport Pro 2 Stage
Cyke Pod
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS1
Seekins PMR rings
Rugged 3 Port QD Brake
10rd AICS with PVA 6BR Mag kit and Extension

3x Lapua
29.3gr H4895
107 SMK
CCI 450
2.390" COAL
1.740" Ogive
2790fps

29F - Windy with 35mph gusts today

5 Shots @ 100yd 0.142"

Last edited:
@padom !! that's awesome!!!

I was pretty happy. Ive only shot 105 BTHP and 105 Hybrids out of my 6BR up until now. I got a 100ct box of these 107smk that was part of a trade for a bunch of other bullets that have been sitting here. I decided to try them out today without any load development and was very happy with them. We will see how they fly at distance compared to the 105 BTHP and 105 Hybrids...

My prediction, the 107's will be between the two bullets you mention in elevation. They'll work..
The 6br is an amazing little round..

My prediction, the 107's will be between the two bullets you mention in elevation. They'll work..
The 6br is an amazing little round..

They all work. Anything Ive stuffed in my 6BR has shot great...

Below is a pc of the first time I shot my first 6br. no load development, just loaded these 105 BTHP's with H4895, zero at 100 then took it right to 636yd and shot a nice 5 shot 1/4moa group.... I love 6BR

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284
Nice group!

I was stupid a couple weeks ago trying a ladder test at 360Y, Why?? it's too close for 6mmBR, and because it's too hard to tell what's going on when 9 of the 10 shots land into an inch vertical????!!!!!!!!!! Uh where is the node? I picked the two shots that had no vertical at all and'll go from there.

I was using 107 SMK, H4895, and CCI450 as well. 29.1 gr which should be a medium load.

I have never ran 4895.. Varget , RL15 and Shooters World Precision... But I may need to try some... sheesh!!!

Last edited:
I love 6BR for its consistency. I’ve had many cold bore impacts on 1-2 MOA targets from 400-700 yards, but this was my last clean bore shot. I’ve never had a rifle that essentially always shoots to the same point of aim like this one does.

Attachments

• D3FE771A-43A8-4346-BF3A-549938A97F98.jpeg
    D3FE771A-43A8-4346-BF3A-549938A97F98.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Vortex1
The load is 29.7gr of H4895 under a 105 hybrid. Lapua brass and CCI450, for the curious.

I sold my chrono before I worked up to 29.7gr, but StrelokPro is extrapolating 2873 based on G7 BC for the 105 hybrids and my impacts at 700 yds.

Reactions: BrienM
Seems kinda quick to me, but all the corrections that StrelokPro spits out have been reliable.

I have one and it’s nice. Good for kids too because you can make adjustments without a lot of hand strength

Reactions: padom
Thanks gents, at first blush just under a hundo seems like a lot for a rear bag but recent results have made it crystal-clear to me that I need to modernize from my decades-old 'squeeze sock' technology.

Thanks gents, at first blush just under a hundo seems like a lot for a rear bag but recent results have made it crystal-clear to me that I need to modernize from my decades-old 'squeeze sock' technology.

Its well worth the money. The fill is awesome, very little squeezing like @Geno C. Said. It's rock solid. I have a pile of all the big name bags that haven't been used in a long time.

Close, but not quite the same.

The ring die I have has zero chamfer at the base, and sizes *all* the way down the case web as far as it can get to the shell holder, whereas a SB die squeezes a *little* smaller, and has less radius/chamfer at the base than a regular F/L die... but it physically cannot size as far down the case web as a true ring die, both because of the chamfer/radius, and because you have to be conscious of not pushing the shoulder back too far.

I need (well, 'want' would probably be more accurate) a ring die or two in other case head sizes to go with the one I have. That one was custom made, but the guy has gone radio-silent since then. PVA was supposed to be making something similar that they called a 'small base' die that used bushings... but they don't even have it on their web site anymore.

Like I said, let me know when you find someone who makes a ring die. I'm interested.
I pulled it because of the hassle we had with people wanting to rent the die. 100 bucks for a die that fixes $500 worth of brass in an afternoon was apparently too expensive.

I have probably 100 of them here, I just got sick of people wanting to pay shipping and throw a 20 in the box cuz they only needed it for a few pieces of brass.

• Wow
Reactions: memilanuk
Just ordered a 3D ELR in Multicam...cuz that's very typersnipery.

My shooting is non-competition known distance off a bipod, so if it makes everything more stable it'll be $99 well spent.

Now I just gotta be patient for a 6BR barrel...

Just ordered a 3D ELR in Multicam...cuz that's very typersnipery.

My shooting is non-competition known distance off a bipod, so if it makes everything more stable it'll be $99 well spent.

Now I just gotta be patient for a 6BR barrel...

I designed and had him make this bag for that exact purpose.

Thanks @Geno C. and @padom we greatly appreciate the shout outs. And btw those targets are ridic 🤯

@BoilerUP if you think about it you can’t afford NOT to have the perfect rear bag. The right bag will pay for itself 10 times over because it will help you stop wasting ammo trying to figure it all out!

I pulled it because of the hassle we had with people wanting to rent the die. 100 bucks for a die that fixes $500 worth of brass in an afternoon was apparently too expensive.

I have probably 100 of them here, I just got sick of people wanting to pay shipping and throw a 20 in the box cuz they only needed it for a few pieces of brass.

Wow. That's nucking futs. It would never even occur to me to ask a vendor about 'renting' a die. A (local) friend, sure. But someone who makes the damn things for a living? Holy crap.

Given what people routinely pay for other stuff in this 'sport', that's some grade 'A' tight-a$$ right there. I mean, I'm shooting primarily *Savage* stuff, and not running top-tier optics either, and I don't even see that as being something reasonable to ask.

Reactions: jdne5b and bohem
I hadn’t tried shooters world in mine till today and wanted a “baseline test/ velocity&accuracy
44244ECA-FA70-4D61-9B58-2D4468D2D21F.jpeg

This was just one 5 shot group with no development so it could’ve been pure luck.

Reactions: bgavin and 47guy
I hadn’t tried shooters world in mine till today and wanted a “baseline test/ velocity&accuracy
View attachment 7542377
This was just one 5 shot group with no development so it could’ve been pure luck.
Looks good... I am going to be running SW precision this year as powder availability is a little sketchy.

Lapua Brass
Berger 105 Hybrid
Shooters World Precision
205M Primers

Reactions: 47guy
Has anyone tried Leverevolution with 105's in their BR? I have a good amount of Varget but just bought two 8 pounders of Leverevolution after seeing it fall between Varget and 4350 on the burn rate chart. I figure I can use it in a pinch. I'll work up a load but thought I'd ask if anyone's already tried it.

Has anyone tried Leverevolution with 105's in their BR? I have a good amount of Varget but just bought two 8 pounders of Leverevolution after seeing it fall between Varget and 4350 on the burn rate chart. I figure I can use it in a pinch. I'll work up a load but thought I'd ask if anyone's already tried it.

i have not but would be interested in hearing your results.

Just ran across some 110 a tips for a reasonable price. Will be shooting out of a 26" PVA 6BR barrel. Start at 30 and work up? Really just wanted to see if the hype is real for these things. Any knowledge or data is appreciated. Thanks!

I now have 70rd through this 28" Bartlein PVA barrel as of yesterday. Comparing my numbers to my last 2 28" 6BR barrels (Krieger 4G) this same load is slower by almost 50fps. I was 2846 with the same load and bullet in my last 2 barrels and Im 2796 in this barrel load exactly the same.. This is a new jug of H4895 so maybe its slower. Ill do a new load development once I get 100-125rd on the barrel..

@padom How many rounds do you feel confident of getting out of a barrel with H4895?

@padom How many rounds do you feel confident of getting out of a barrel with H4895?

Out of Bartlein or Krieger 6br? close to 3000 as I shoot mild 6BR loads. I know a lot of guys load 6BR trying to get all the speed they can but I load for accuracy and my loads are mild.

This is a great thread. I am getting a rifle barreled to 6BR for primarily varmint hunting. I have a pretty good pile of IMR 8208, does anyone have much any input for this powder with 100 gr class bullets? I am definitely going to on the hunt for Varget or H4895, I am kicking myself as about 2 months ago I saw an 8lb jug of varget on the shelf! I knew i would regret not buying that.

I’ve always heard 8208 works good in br but I’ve never tried it.

I have one set up for coyote hunting. I’m using the Sierra 90 grain TGK. 29 grains of IMR 8208 , 2975 FPS from a 24 inch barrel. Very good accuracy and no pressure signs. Sierra and Hodgdon have load data for 8208.

Reactions: Panhandle_Pilgrim
This is a great thread. I am getting a rifle barreled to 6BR for primarily varmint hunting. I have a pretty good pile of IMR 8208, does anyone have much any input for this powder with 100 gr class bullets? I am definitely going to on the hunt for Varget or H4895, I am kicking myself as about 2 months ago I saw an 8lb jug of varget on the shelf! I knew i would regret not buying that.

Don't forget IMR4166 it's virtually the same as varget and shoots great and easier to find...I grabbed another 8lb yesterday.