• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm max

I think we all know who SOLGW is. But why that choice of FONT. Why would someone choose the same font used by Nazi Germany and white supremacists? Coincidence and someome thinks it looks cool? Or intentional?
I’m certainly no SOGLW fan boi. Not that I don’t like them, just don’t own anything from them yet. Maybe I’m uneducated and naive, but never, not once have I ever looked at their font and thought…man, that screams Nazi font or white supremacy. Do those groups have the copyright on font?

With SOLGW I think America, patriotism, liberty.

Nazis used Fraktul or some such thing, which was a variation of the Teutonic font. Long before the nazis were a thing.

German tradition or something. Maybe solgw has German roots?

Either way this font is still different. More like modern tattoo culture if anything.

hitlerdidntfloss.jpg

I think we all know who SOLGW is. But why that choice of FONT. Why would someone choose the same font used by Nazi Germany and white supremacists? Coincidence and someome thinks it looks cool? Or intentional?

Why would you assume someones political beleifs from the font they use?

If someone tells you they are a vegetarian, do you assume they want to get rid of the jews?

Why would you assume someones political beleifs from the font they use?

If someone tells you they are a vegetarian, do you assume they want to get rid of the jews?
Never made an assumption. Hence why I asked and allowed for both sides.

Why are you defensive?

I guess the Navy is also Nazis, yeah?

960x0.webp
I don't know what you're getting at, but there are some military units that are struggling with some of the symbology they've been using over the last 20 years.

I don't know what you're getting at, but there are some military units that are struggling with some of the symbology they've been using over the last 20 years.
If you want to have a political discussion take it to the bear pit. thats not the purpose of this thread

reductio ad Hitlerum

Reactions: patscrazy
Are they struggling? Or are some miserable cunts with nothing better to do creating problems where there aren't any?

Boy this thread got retarded fast.
There's a bunch of legacy team symbols that use iron crosses, desert palms, and what not. 99.9999% of the time, someone just thought it looked cool and was slightly ignorant about it or just blase. But we are dealing with the fall out of it a little bit, so maybe that's why that stuff sticks out to me right now.

Reactions: GrandeJake
I haven't played with the numbers for a minute, but I'm getting a strong suspicion that the 80-90ish gr might be the sweet spot before the point of diminishing returns for the "high" BC 6mm Max pills for doing work to surpass 77gr SPR work with similar or shorter length barrels.
Yeah I've had that thought about the 90s as well.

I've also had the thought how big is the difference between 90 vs 103 and 103 vs 108

I haven't played with the numbers for a minute, but I'm getting a strong suspicion that the 80-90ish gr might be the sweet spot before the point of diminishing returns for the "high" BC 6mm Max pills for doing work to surpass 77gr SPR work with similar or shorter length barrels.
I haven't been following along too closely, but what do we think is the sweet spot in bullet weight where a 6MAX has enough of an advantage (in BC and MV) to matter over a 77gr TMK in say, a 14.5"-18" AR? Will this stomp a 77gr 5.56 in 10.3-12.5" barrels?

Dead animals and match wins are cool, but is the juice really worth the squeeze for this round in standard-ish AR configurations?

Seems like 6.5G, 6ARC, and 22ARC do, but they need a different bolt and mags...

Dead animals and match wins are cool, but is the juice really worth the squeeze for this round in standard-ish AR configurations?
100%...I just don't know.

The appeal of that performance bump without having to step into a large frame gasser...and WITHOUT a ton of hassle is extremely seductive, and will continue to be.

At the end of the day, my brain knows sticking with .223/5.56 is the smarter, more logical play....

I haven't been following along too closely, but what do we think is the sweet spot in bullet weight where a 6MAX has enough of an advantage (in BC and MV) to matter over a 77gr TMK in say, a 14.5"-18" AR? Will this stomp a 77gr 5.56 in 10.3-12.5" barrels?

Seems like 6.5G, 6ARC, and 22ARC do, but they need a different bolt and mags...

Since you really just need a barrel and a couple of DuraMags, and SOLGW will replace your barrel for free if and when you shoot it out -- seems like a decently low-cost way to try out something new in an AR15. Ammo is $1.50/rd right now, but even if you have a minimal handloading setup you should be able to make ammo pretty easily on your own. BC Precision and SOLGW are making ammo and a third (unnamed) ammo supplier is teeing up to make the round as well. The short term goals is $1/rd.

Shoot 5.56 for training and range days, pop on a 6MAX upper for whatever else. <---- Best thing about an AR15.

Reactions: GrandeJake
100%...I just don't know.

The appeal of that performance bump without having to step into a large frame gasser...and WITHOUT a ton of hassle is extremely seductive, and will continue to be.

At the end of the day, my brain knows sticking with .223/5.56 is the smarter, more logical play....

Since you really just need a barrel and a couple of DuraMags, and SOLGW will replace your barrel for free if and when you shoot it out -- seems like a decently low-cost way to try out something new in an AR15. Ammo is $1.50/rd right now, but even if you have a minimal handloading setup you should be able to make ammo pretty easily on your own. BC Precision and SOLGW are making ammo and a third (unnamed) ammo supplier is teeing up to make the round as well. The short term goals is $1/rd.

Shoot 5.56 for training and range days, pop on a 6MAX upper for whatever else. <---- Best thing about an AR15.

And don’t forget the best thing…a non weakened bolt face!