• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6MM Remington on AR Lower

sleeplesstwo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Marion, IL
Anyone ever build an AR that shoots 6mm Remington. I have been a fan of the 6mm rem for awhile, and have lots of brass, dies, etc. I have been looking at the .243's but really don't to gear up for another round if I could have one chambered in 6mm. I was looking for a project, and am looking for some input.

Re: 6MM Remington on AR Lower

You can currently buy a DPMS in 243...seems to me a 6mm rem is about .200" longer and most likely will not fit unless you are talking single shot.

I was kind of afraid it would be a little long to cycle well. I bid on a r-25 on gunbroker, but came up a little shy. I like the .243, but I have about a 1000 rounds of 6mm rem that I would have liked to use. I am always amazed at the good info that can be had on this site.

Sleeplesstwo, Just have toygunner build you one from scratch. I think you have a cheaper barrel to play with. If it does not work have him build a 243.

Sleeplesstwo, I think I know of two 243 8 twist barrels that can be had.

I think the owner of Baldwin Gun Works has a used one that he would sell,and his shooting buddy has one also.

I would still like to do the 6mm but I think I am really liking the 6mm turbo an a standard ar lower.

Sleeplesstwo, I talked to Baldwin Gun Works and he has a complete rig for sale.

The 6BR is apx 150 fps faster than a turbo 40 and doesn't require fire forming the brass.

6mmRem any day over a 243, faster and will live longer because of the long neck. Havent built one but wouldnt be a problem.

Sleeplesstwo, I talked BGW today and he has a lr308 for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob L. Swagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=sh...t&Itemid=37

.243 wssm on an ar platform</div></div>

More power to start out with. Problem is they are too long to handle a good high BC bullet <span style="color: #3333FF">{edit: in the AR-15 platform}</span>. So, in the long run the smaller cases are getting better results out farther. The best you get with these (.243 WSSM's), to feed out of a magazine, is the 90 gr. HPBT's. That will get you supersonic to 1k though.