• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

Looks very good to me, im blessed with an indoor 50 yd today, pics later. Thst looks like a 4 group .18 to me but they all look good.
What front rest do you use?

@Cuzz Thanks :cool:

I'm using a Dolphin AB bipod as the front rest. its a light weight carbon fiber "F-class" bipod. very nice to adjust height with but it has a tendency to 'bounce'.

Barronian, that is what I am talking about!! That is what those Sauer rifles can do, I am super happy you have found your grove with it. Honestly it may have needed a lot of rounds to breakin fully (some rimfires can take a LOT of rounds to break in), in addition to you getting used to it. AWESOME man, I look forward to seeing more.

@jbell thanks :cool: Pretty sure it was me and not the Sauer that needed "breaking in" !
I can now consistently see the 'Fundamentals' - for example the effect that changing the butt height on the shoulder (which has an interesting chicken or egg relationship with "trueing" the BC in Strelok Pro.) In fact i think i would go so far as to guess that many of the people who think they have problems trueing their ballistic calculator really have a problem with their fundamentals rather than the BC ?

Shot two more 6x5 today, they look ugly but i'm very happy because i was confirming my fundamentals and was able to consistently group high or low or left or right, keeping the same aim point but changing for example butt/shoulder height. Now that i can do things consistently it should be possible to actually learn ;)

I'm really optimistic today that it will be possible to get my average group size at 100m under 0.6 MOA, maybe as good as 0.55 MOA. (and i'm in no hurry for reality to correct my belief ! :ROFLMAO::eek::ROFLMAO: )

Reactions: Cuzz
Thought id do better than this indoors but good enough to pick a best ammo and i got several high .2’s with midas, probably best 6 groups in a row ever.
utg bipod & homade sandbag.
@Cuzz Nice !

Cuzz, that is some very nice and consistent shooting. Those Vudoos are kicking ass. I finally got to see and handle one at our local club. Fellow brought it to our sporter fun shoot. I was very impressed with it. I still beat him with my 87 year old Winchester but not by much. Plus age, experience and treachery beats youth and enthusiasm most of the time, lol. I am gonna have to get my hands on one.

Irish
@JG26_Irish nice shooting !... i just cant get any of the RWS that i have tried to shoot well in my Sauer - >1 MOA at 100m...

@jbell thanks :cool: Pretty sure it was me and not the Sauer that needed "breaking in" !
I can now consistently see the 'Fundamentals' - for example the effect that changing the butt height on the shoulder (which has an interesting chicken or egg relationship with "trueing" the BC in Strelok Pro.) In fact i think i would go so far as to guess that many of the people who think they have problems trueing their ballistic calculator really have a problem with their fundamentals rather than the BC ?

Shot two more 6x5 today, they look ugly but i'm very happy because i was confirming my fundamentals and was able to consistently group high or low or left or right, keeping the same aim point but changing for example butt/shoulder height. Now that i can do things consistently it should be possible to actually learn ;)

I'm really optimistic today that it will be possible to get my average group size at 100m under 0.6 MOA, maybe as good as 0.55 MOA. (and i'm in no hurry for reality to correct my belief ! :ROFLMAO::eek::ROFLMAO: )

It sounds like your really learning a lot, I am sure you can get that average down to 1/2 MOA. Just keep after it!

I finally found a unwindy day. all 50 yd, targets 1/2”. 3 sets of 6 targets 5 shots each , rws target rifle and center xView attachment 7178963
Cuzz:

In your second 6 x 5 target you may have kept the center of the bullet hole within the 1/2" disk. Now that is good shooting and I wager more technically challenging than just shooting a small group. In any case my hat is off to you!

RLS

Reactions: Cuzz
Cuzz:

In your second 6 x 5 target you may have kept the center of the bullet hole within the 1/2" disk. Now that is good shooting and I wager more technically challenging than just shooting a small group. In any case my hat is off to you!

RLS
Thanks RLS
I was aiming at center every shot. Vudoo dont do much wandering if any.

Thanks RLS
I was aiming at center every shot. Vudoo dont do much wandering if any.
Cuzz:

I am very interested in how you did the aiming. How did you change the vertical and horizontal AP from one dot to another? For horizontal did you pan or change the position of the rifle? And what for vertical? Just used a squeeze bag or something else in addition or something else entirely?

Thanks for any intel.

Rick

Cuzz:

I am very interested in how you did the aiming. How did you change the vertical and horizontal AP from one dot to another? For horizontal did you pan or change the position of the rifle? And what for vertical? Just used a squeeze bag or something else in addition or something else entirely?

Thanks for any intel.

Rick
ive been useing a cheap UTG bipod and a homade, small rear sandbag, squeezing the sandbag to make it shoot lower, usually i have a wood spacer under the sandbag.
For horizonal i change position of rifle, bench is aluminum so rubber bipod feet slide easily.
BUT I just put a piece of wood on the aluminum bench and will put a caldwel “rock” on the wood for the front and still have sandbag on rear. bag is 5x5 empty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 106
Chad, nice shooting. Is that a factory barrel? What muzzle device is on the rifle, suppressor? Good look rifle, I have liked the looks of the T1X rifles since they were released.

Reactions: Chadwhit
Chad, nice shooting. Is that a factory barrel? What muzzle device is on the rifle, suppressor? Good look rifle, I have liked the looks of the T1X rifles since they were released.

Thanks Jbell, yes - factory barrel. Muzzle device is a limbsaver dampener off one of my target bow stabilizers. In my head, it manipulates the barrel harmonics, but I'm far from educated/understanding that whole process. It's something we tried and stuck with since groups were not affected negatively. Would like to shoot the T1x suppressed in near future, hear good things regarding accuracy...plus it just looks badass.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
Kevin1, nice group!

slodsm, welcome. I have you on the results. What are the details of your 10/22?

Factory ruger receiver, Kidd bolt and charging handle, vq bolt release, KSA 18” fluted threaded bbl, quiet bore form 1 22LR can, Warne 20MOA base and rings, Athlon Midas BTR 4.5-27 scope, ruger BX trigger, magpul Hunter stock, and Harris bipod.

I’ll give it another run with less abusive wind, I can usually keep it a bit below MOA but today wasn’t quiet agreeing with me haha.

Reactions: Chadwhit and Cuzz
Anschutz 1710 HB at 50 yards.

Average 6 consecutive 5 shot groups = 0.2685”

Best 5 shot group = 0.076”

This was with a different lot and I didn’t best my previous 50Y average. But what is notable here is the outstanding best 5 shot group.

View attachment 7186653
Kevin1:

Fine shooting to be sure. Is your 1710HB bedded? I ask because I read that an An 1770 in 223 Rem went from shooting 1 MOA to 3/8" MOA with bedding.

Rick

Kevin1:

Fine shooting to be sure. Is your 1710HB bedded? I ask because I read that an An 1770 in 223 Rem went from shooting 1 MOA to 3/8" MOA with bedding.

Rick

Thanks.
The rifle isn't bedded. It's a 100% factory gun. The only thing I did was to remove the trigger spring to bring the pull down to 12 Oz.

Reactions: jbell
Thanks.
The rifle isn't bedded. It's a 100% factory gun. The only thing I did was to remove the trigger spring to bring the pull down to 12 Oz.
Kevin:

What variety of Lapua ammo did you use since the lot number is not specific to the variety as far as I can tell.

Rick

Kevin:

What variety of Lapua ammo did you use since the lot number is not specific to the variety as far as I can tell.

Rick

It's Center X. That's what I mostly shoot in the Anschutz. I was initially planning to send the gun to the Lapua testing center to select a good lot of Center X. But since I'm already getting very good results with various lots, I don't think I'll be sending the rifle for testing.

littlepod, you and your T1X are killing it. Very nice shooting. What is the current configuration of your T1X? Are you shooting off a bag and bi-pod?

I'm shooting prone, bipod and a rear bag. This is a picture when I was trying to figure out my headspacing... afterwards I threw my bipod on and got going.

MDT ACC, Tikka T1X, IBI Barrel 20" Win52D reamer.

My previous best was shot with a KRG Bravo, Factory Tikka T1X Barrel. They shoot really well from the factory, I just wanted a heavier barrel for competitions. Though my factory Tikka barrel heavily favored Eley ammo, this IBI barrel hates Eley and favors SK. SK luckily makes good cheap ammo too...

1574466853118.png

Old setup -

1574467098367.png

It looks like you have a good barrel, I bet it will only get better with warmer air temps. Nice shooting.

So this is legitimately the most ghetto setup rifle I’ve ever owned. I have a KRG Bravo on the way, AO 30MOA base, found an Ares ETR that I’ll pick up this week if its still available, and then grab a Harris or Magpul bipod yo finish it off.

BUT, as it sits now, it’s a rock stock T1X, I found a garbage Caldwell pivot bipod in my toy box to put on it so there is that. Then I got a scope base out Of the same box that was for a ruger and put it on there, rear two screws line up, nothing in the front, and some weaver 30mm rings I had laying around and a Diamondback Tactical 4-16 that was in my toolbox.

All I was doing was making a bandaid to run a few hundred rounds through it of some bulk ammo I had to get the barrel smoothed out, get the action freed up, and get it ready for my good parts to get her Friday or Saturday and start ammo testing. Weather is 71*, humidity is about 88%, wind left to right, nowhere near steady, sometimes nothing, sometimes 10+.

This is shots 111 through 140 on this gun with the absolute garbage cobbled together setup I was able to create using Eley target.

Needless to say, I’m now ridiculously excited to get my good stock, scope, bipod, and then ammo test this thing.

C9285EBA-EE34-42B0-845F-DF73C0D9D74C.jpeg

So this is legitimately the most ghetto setup rifle I’ve ever owned. I have a KRG Bravo on the way, AO 30MOA base, found an Ares ETR that I’ll pick up this week if its still available, and then grab a Harris or Magpul bipod yo finish it off.

BUT, as it sits now, it’s a rock stock T1X, I found a garbage Caldwell pivot bipod in my toy box to put on it so there is that. Then I got a scope base out Of the same box that was for a ruger and put it on there, rear two screws line up, nothing in the front, and some weaver 30mm rings I had laying around and a Diamondback Tactical 4-16 that was in my toolbox.

All I was doing was making a bandaid to run a few hundred rounds through it of some bulk ammo I had to get the barrel smoothed out, get the action freed up, and get it ready for my good parts to get her Friday or Saturday and start ammo testing. Weather is 71*, humidity is about 88%, wind left to right, nowhere near steady, sometimes nothing, sometimes 10+.

This is shots 111 through 140 on this gun with the absolute garbage cobbled together setup I was able to create using Eley target.

Needless to say, I’m now ridiculously excited to get my good stock, scope, bipod, and then ammo test this thing.

View attachment 7190839
Slod, the system appears to be following the wind as it should. Plentytight on presumed letups. Gonna be a shooter. Seymour

Reactions: slodsm
Pretty cool seeing so many of the Tikka’s being shot here. They really seem like a great rifle especially considering the price.

I have you both on the results!

I like the phrase "random act of accuracy".
Burning up some Eley Action at 200 yards and had one happen.
5 shot groups at individual aimpoints with the usual 3 to 5 inch spread
and had one group that was sub-moa. Not what I expected
from cartridges that showed a few dents, dings and scratches.
Must of hit a run of better than average quality cartridges.

CZ 455, Lilja barrel, Sinclair bipod, Mueller 8-32x44 target scope

v1jzhxpcrWc-R6diE6AKFDo0zGAk2LRyNLRf6EMp79ejxT5PNS7klS-l2cRFQK8eYG-H_ESllc6aJNSyOCkS4A_LZZ1fGq8phZ0a4Lqg-tOKJ7Iv3X0US1rjtPWSyqa9Qiku97KP3IJktdCZWeyHm3N04ZNTfkb1BoaOvA55FvmDY-CP9ogvKhT2Ef8AWbVAQ9ZC1Sqmlfjs5evj2nAzp6f6nUI62TWEnnlgOTszMKyfbsjFtyjBxNzJjtnfQzew44ivDTGdG-3R5jOq-JSs7xsZFJ9h1b2JiwrndK4leDT9n3rzm2ramXkhJB92Ma_HOwz4ua5xwQrnxb3HjzibiFa1OIT1zXbFkffal6V43HGBB46z0QpXGThNqskAYcsRuA91gQwyPsNNXuaeEHcUVenWV4jIGoJab5IndH8E-OR5O3lY2a3XBooL6VSUY6ZIqt8dKT9XZqyQCwUPmZ-ZhdcR06Z61aGlYUU1_UyXqIWOFdquP5WDYkzhO05OGjjfR8xbzuz1afUv5b_k8HI6jbito33NlwLmo5T_UrVMa-a2tJ_qp-wlf9XT92GWcWUaVEZBK5Xgkje_fLwwuf7D9fwe2PPp46x5kEAHtxN6pRh0_SjSX0Z-WNjTZ-4Amcz3xo-DumEDHYHUz0CKpAs3K7SDd3-PuE8qqp_oFQMWNsLcC7E-yBr1IkjMU-p03mE1_jZ6P41xFYu541o6B8Qbnnd027wZueHEaJlJbv9uOk5Ak3A=w393-h576-no

j7ic5Imx2bsM6TC04HgBusDlOaiMg81N64kGg81lQiG230ETgh4-d-AGkuYUPRPi1Q3q_wUML9NPwZpo1qPQiB3zEbcAAp9V-TrxrxZ7E92mvYhaj8qWkrqNVmWWZW2Hr4wNScd8hVwq-rAxq1QbvK0JffPqOMQJ9YV0uVCzIW0ynsZ2FAvDrxVQmVO1FCvQusGcHd3uu0GxI7aPt9crj_jkaYkAAUN_jHv_rhmtx3AKTIQlTBaM0Ji7mLJfLK-YtBdWQakYy-gdtIhT7btucfje3yK3AAWpZjeFK-HxmemAN2Rega3U3Dyg01SBsLlNeiGqgejby8EL2EruexHF0U0ituvLY07dfYhCRiDv0fJKLXXlAqfnzU9nXuyGQ3M5pjP3cRP_AlR2zyVKm8AD5rOuI45LokBQA9BZU55hg2AYJL0bJPLMcFFmPEg1XC9B_2dQvrh41JubUrHdeH6-vGjNKRqxAmfayV5dp9EOcsx9yd5mARtLEcf4MuVaIUroAFQim4OZvHTjmZjPxdPr8Kw6HBbmYbruCk9qIOJQS1RGWGoBWGCRWZ9FtMIdDlrvB-h0z95k_CVvpLz9l7GUDBsB0ZD5LnQ0HpGn3UxwW6SySvDgndJ0L1QxpQhyXnawrzZmf4-SrfWX7N9KmefQn0Vt6XbljC9TwgdFtH4SyALFUW6aEJeFcH4oF1w2RAu2sowiMTnVqxZu5IVG5euYPUlcjnJ8j1fDyDvkP2uwY9qbWJI=w391-h626-no

1.25 inches for 5 shots at 200 yards. :eek:
Lemme see here...half third rule, eh?

200 yards...1.25"
100 yards...0.42 inches
50 yards...0.14 inches

Yep, that there is one of those random acts of accuracy.

Of 10 groups shot, that was the only group on there worth adding to the 6x5 results.

Certainly not worthy of an "all day long" claim. ;)

The 10 five shot groups averaged 4.2 inches.

Last edited:
I have your best group updated, that barrel is looking good!

Thanks! It's hard lot shopping as I'm analyzing these groups and trying to wonder how much that extra widening up was me or the ammo. I almost think I need to be doing 10-15 groups and average it out that way. If I'm going to order 2500 rounds of center-x I better be sure!

Friend took me to his range today so I was able to shoot 50 yards for the first time. Only had 1 box of CX and Pistol King each so I shot them. Harder to shoot at 50 than 100 for some reason.. I guess not used to 30x magnification and the amount of movement on a 50 yard target.

Random info:
Lapua CX and SK+ have the exact same dope for me
50 yd zero,
2.3 @ 100.
7.5 @ 200.

Tikka T1X
35 degrees
Center-X

Avg: 0.361
Best: .237

Pistol King
Avg: 0.386
Best: .190

1575161593682.png

Realized my parallax was off yesterday and had some rounds left over at the match today so I ran another quick 6x5 with SK+ (only ammo I have left). Average isn't good as I really screwed up my last 2 groups, but I got a new best group. I was sharing the paper with others (I had column 2)

Tikka T1X @ 50 yards.
Avg 0.426
Best 0.136

1575246395827.png

Reactions: Chadwhit
I got your best group updated. Too bad about that flyer out to the right on target #5...

Today we did some work!! Lol. Happy with the T1X for sure. This is my second time out with the gun and only the third type of ammo I’ve put through it. Still gotta try some center X, Eley Club, Wolf Match Extra and a couple of SK’s.

Calm day today though, this is Wolf Match Target suppressed and had I not yipped on the 5th target I might have gotten my .399 I’m wanting. Best group of the day also came suppressed with this ammo.

28AD8D4E-DF59-43B9-8695-9949E4D9E882.jpeg

Today we did some work!! Lol. Happy with the T1X for sure. This is my second time out with the gun and only the third type of ammo I’ve put through it. Still gotta try some center X, Eley Club, Wolf Match Extra and a couple of SK’s.

Calm day today though, this is Wolf Match Target suppressed and had I not yipped on the 5th target I might have gotten my .399 I’m wanting. Best group of the day also came suppressed with this ammo.

View attachment 7195130
Good shooting, have you tried without suppressor? Groups open up a little with a can on mine, not much, but some.

Reactions: slodsm
Good shooting, have you tried without suppressor? Groups open up a little with a can on mine, not much, but some.

With that ammo no, I did with Eley and FGMM and they averaged a 10th larger and oddly enough, the suppressor moves POI .3m high. That was the last group of a 250rd 4 hour range trip shooting a bunch of different stuff and working out drops from 50-300 so I was getting tired, probably why it shot so well, I didn’t have the energy to screw it up anymore ?.

With that ammo no, I did with Eley and FGMM and they averaged a 10th larger and oddly enough, the suppressor moves POI .3m high. That was the last group of a 250rd 4 hour range trip shooting a bunch of different stuff and working out drops from 50-300 so I was getting tired, probably why it shot so well, I didn’t have the energy to screw it up anymore ?.

My rifle shot about 10% tighter with a suppressor on. The T1X barrel is so thin so it's really affected by harmonics. Putting on a muzzle brake, or a suppressor can change the way the harmonics enough to significantly widen or shrink the groups. The Limbsaver Dampener is also an effective way to test (slide it up and down the barrel for a sweet harmonic spot)