• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

Got my new Vudoo out today for the first time. I took this on a trade for services. Put 250-300rd through it, no cleaning or anything before shooting this 6x5 @ 50yd.

Everything was all fine and peachy till I had someone show up and post up next to me with an AK and AR. Literally bouncing brass off my table, back, shoulder, legs. Grr. Got me flinching as both of us broke shots on groups 4 and 6 otherwise it would have been much better. Oh well, till next time.

22" Keystone Accuracy Green Mountain Lilja chamber
Vudoo V22
Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro
XLR Envy Chassis with Folder
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS1 MIL
Seekins PMR 34MM 0.92"
Harris Bipod

This was shot at 50yds with Lapua CenterX which shot the best and most consistent. SK RM and Federal UM were close but not as consistent as CenterX

6x5 AGG = 0.356

Last edited:
I guess the cold bore target didn’t catch on? I thought it was a good idea.

I think it’s a great idea and as soon as I have my next 22 built I’ll be tracking the cold bore shift on my 6X5’s

Reactions: Cuzz
Everything was all fine and peachy till I had someone show up and post up next to me with an AK and AR. Literally bouncing brass off my table, back, shoulder, legs. Grr. Got me flinching as both of us broke shots on groups 4 and 6 otherwise it would have been much better. Oh well, till next time.

Consider it mental training... ha

nice work, I have you on the results

Reactions: padom
Here's another 50 yd submission. I almost didn't shoot today because of the gusty wind, but timing my shots in the lulls worked out pretty good. The 6x5 target averaged to 0.640 MOA . Stock Tikka T1X, 70 degrees, winds gusting 13 mph, SK Standard Plus.

6x5 13 Feb.JPG

My shooting range at 50 yds.
IMG_20200213_111212.jpg

Last edited:
Got my new Vudoo out today for the first time. I took this on a trade for services. Put 250-300rd through it, no cleaning or anything before shooting this 6x5 @ 50yd.

22" Keystone Accuracy Green Mountain Lilja chamber
Vudoo V22
Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro
XLR Envy Chassis with Folder
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS1 MIL
Seekins PMR 34MM 0.92"
Harris Bipod

This was shot at 50yds with Lapua CenterX which shot the best and most consistent. SK RM and Federal UM were close but not as consistent as CenterX

6x5 AGG = 0.356

Good shooting brother. It will only get better.

Good shooting brother. It will only get better.

Thanks. I have better targets from my CZ 455/custom Bartlein so I know there is more there for sure. I have 200rd each of 4 different lots if Center-X on the way to test. Unfortunately that was the last of my CenterX case..

Reactions: littlepod
I'm hesitant to post these results because they seem beyond what should be attainable with a $400 rifle. Actually now, it's a $600 rifle since I added a Timney trigger. If you count the scope (Mueller 40X56) it's an $850 system all up. I've now got a couple of thousand rounds thru the rifle and I think it's settling in.View attachment 7253663

The Tikka T1X is the best factory rifle in terms accuracy out there for it's price range. I would say something like

Tikka T1X
CZ 457 MTR
Anschutz ...
Vudoo

My T1X did the same groups at 50 from the factory. If you find a good lot of ammo, and a steady shooting position, it will do it. My qualms with the T1X -

Skinny barrel for me exhibited cold bore shots that I didn't like. It might have been a combination of skinny barrel, cold weather, humidity, but it would shoot 1.25" low and to the right at 100 yards for cold bore. With my new barrel, I only exhibit a .5" vertical up cold bore. And that's manageable.

Ejector / Feeding can be finicky. That little ejector wire, will eventually cause ejection issues due to the design with that screw getting a little loose, or the wire losing it's springiness. Adjusting that to make it perfect takes quite a bit of time and testing.

Have you tried to do some 100 yard 6x5's yet? I'd be curious to see how well you/the rifle shoot at 100.

Have you tried to do some 100 yard 6x5's yet? I'd be curious to see how well you/the rifle shoot at 100.

I shot a 100 yard 6x5 today also. It averaged out to 0.9 MOA. Groups were very consistent. I think I can do better, but I just don't have as much chance to shoot from 100 yds since I'm shooting outdoors and the wind really swirls around when it's blowing anything over 5. Here's my 100 yard setup.
IMG_20200219_101745.jpg

What Lot # is your SK+, it outshot your Center-X? Is your 50 yards indoor or outdoor?

Yeh 100 yards has a lot of variability. My range doesn't have too much wind so I was able to generally shoot in the .9 MOA range at 100 yards with the factory barrel, but most of the time I was in the 1.0 MOA range ~ 1.1" groups with SK+. Eley Tenex has quite a few .75" group averages.

Sorry for the noob question... What software is everyone using for their group analysis?

I'm hesitant to post these results because they seem beyond what should be attainable with a $400 rifle. Actually now, it's a $600 rifle since I added a Timney trigger. If you count the scope (Mueller 40X56) it's an $850 system all up. I've now got a couple of thousand rounds thru the rifle and I think it's settling in.View attachment 7253663

I think you have found the Vudoo Slayer! Great groups, especially considering it's a stock barrel.

Shot 6x5 @ 50 and 100 today the wind really got me but we don’t always get to pick our best groups.
Vudoo v22 20” mtu ace barrel
Mpa chassis
Athlon ares 4.5-30
Atlas cal bipod and game changer rear bag.
Wind was left to right 15-25 mph
38-40 degrees
Did some ammo testing so I didn’t have preferred ammo but, some cheaper stuff did pretty good. I had 1 box of rws r50 used for 100 yards and I used federal match (not ultra match) for 50 yards.
First picture is 50 second is 100.
Average .340 @50 and 1.36@100
D9EDB4D7-A9CD-4BD6-A0E9-EFC0BBA49ED1.png
25993C9E-ABFF-4F00-BA50-D95032070D9E.png
D9EDB4D7-A9CD-4BD6-A0E9-EFC0BBA49ED1.png
25993C9E-ABFF-4F00-BA50-D95032070D9E.png

I mixed it up first picture is 100 second is 50 but it’s marked on the target and you can clearly see the difference at least I can. Tiny group vs big group.

22funn, welcome! Those conditions are rough! But you shot very well. I look forward to seeing more form you and your Vudoo.

Thanks. I have better targets from my CZ 455/custom Bartlein so I know there is more there for sure. I have 200rd each of 4 different lots if Center-X on the way to test. Unfortunately that was the last of my CenterX case..
Hey Padom can you say what your best and average groups are from your cz bart?

Things have been quiet lately so I got out to shoot some more targets at 100 yds.
Stock Tikka T1x with Timney trigger
SK standard Plus
70 degrees
Winds variable with light gusts
There's one flyer on the fifth group I wish I could take back. 4 other shots were all touching the same hole. I show the target average MOA as 0,794.

10Mar snip.JPG

Reactions: littlepod
Things have been quiet lately so I got out to shoot some more targets at 100 yds.
Stock Tikka T1x with Timney trigger
SK standard Plus
70 degrees
Winds variable with light gusts
There's one flyer on the fifth group I wish I could take back. 4 other shots were all touching the same hole. I show the target average MOA as 0,794.

View attachment 7270050

I might need to get another T1X, leave it in factory configuration and shoot base class in NRL22.

Hey Padom can you say what your best and average groups are from your cz bart?

Best groups are 2.75" 10 shot groups @ 300yds. 0.35" 5 shot @ 100yds, 0.08" 5 shot @ 50yds....

Avg @ 300yds is MOA, best 6x5 avg @ 100yds is 0.58" and best 6x5 @ 50yds is 0.24"

Vudoo Apparition, 20” Ace Kukri barrel, KRG Bravo chassis with a TT Diamond set at 5 Oz.

Ammo Center-X

50Y:
Average of the last six consecutive 5 shot groups 0.225”
Average of the last seven consecutive 5 shot groups 0.2173”

100Y:
Average of the last six consecutive 5 shot groups 0.7562”

IMG_0069(1).jpg

IMG_0074(2).jpg
IMG_0075(2).jpg

resubmission for 100 yards
Same gun
Vudoo 20” mtu MPA Competition chassis
Athlon ares 4.5-30
Eley match black box
7C1C613C-79D6-46E9-A182-471A0730B2DF.jpeg

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate the job you do and the folks who take the time to post on this thread. Unfortunately I do have a little anomaly to note. I do wish I had a Voodoo, but all I have is a T1X. You may wish to check the update and change a few details.

finally ! back at the range, its even above freezing !
Can i please take the two best from the upper target and replace the two worst on the lower target ;);)

Sauer STR 200 and Eley Match shot prone.

1584725194391.png

For those that are interested the POI change between the bottom 3 and the three above is where i removed the Magnetospeed V3 ....

Reactions: heartburn
Nice improvement, it looks like that Sauer is coming in there. I have your results updated.

@jbell Thanks ! only two or three of the shots were ?/& the other 'bad' ones were lapses in concentration or trying something new. More practice needed :)

I thought i'd post this in case there are other people reading this thread that are at the stage where i was last year - and they might get disheartened by the (selected ?) examples of good shooting that are on here. In case there is any doubt it doesn't always go well ! I guess that the more experienced shooters are more consistent and have fewer 'off' days.
I get days like the target below where i might as well forget shooting for score and just enjoy the fresh air !

1584818743446.png

I thought i'd post this in case there are other people reading this thread that are at the stage where i was last year - and they might get disheartened by the (selected ?) examples of good shooting that are on here. In case there is any doubt it doesn't always go well ! I guess that the more experienced shooters are more consistent and have fewer 'off' days.
I get days like the target below where i might as well forget shooting for score and just enjoy the fresh air !

View attachment 7278361
Thanks Big B, i’m claiming “wind done it”

@Cuzz ah, yes, i forgot to mention the wind .... 2-6 mph and couldn't make up its mind if it wanted to blow the wind flags towards each other of diametrically away from each other ... and if i waited for them all to be blowing in somewhat the same direction they would all be blowing in the opposite direction as soon as i took the shot... To be honest the wind was so inconsistent i reckoned it cancelled itself out !