• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 saum

Modified how so? I'm setting up a very similar thing (Proof 7 SAUM barrel, Manners T6A, 180gr Berger VLDs) but using a short Mausingfield instead of a Nuke. I've got a bunch of Accurate 300 WSM DSSF mags for the build but was steered away from ARC mags for some reason I unbeknownst to me at this time. Can't remember why I thought the Accurate mags would work better . . . they certainly might . . . just interested in your take on ARCs. They are top notch for sure.
I run my orgin with accumag wsm, and standard 308 mags with feed lip adjusted. Both feed perfectly. I actually don't think I had miss feed since mags were tuned. Which didn't take a lot

What type of chamber reamer did you use and who was it made by? Will you share the OAL if you shoot the Berger 190's LR and how far you are off the lands? Did you have to throat the barrel for the additional length?

Thanks

Got my 7 SAUM DTA barrel back last week. It's a 8.3 twist 24" Hawk Hill with a long throat (.200 I believe). I only have 190gr Atips and H1000 at the moment.
190gr Atip
Hornady 6.5 SAUM brass necked up
H1000
Fed 210m
Loaded .020" off the lands
Hit my pressure at 63grs/2755fps with mild ejector swipes but no other signs so it maybe the brass. I'm going to do more load development once I get some 190gr Berger LRHTs to try.
IMG_20210704_154411.jpg
IMG_20210704_154605.jpg

Anyone compared the adg brass to Norma? Got a 7 saum SA build in the works and need to start component shopping.

175 ELD-X
Fed 210M
H4350
Norma brass
.005 jump 24" Proof barrel

I tried H4831 based on my 6.5-06 experiences and could not get the velocity I wanted out of a 24" barrel. Based on several "internet experts" I decided to try H1000 later since I wanted the gun up and running for hunting season. In parallel I tested what my gunsmith suggested which was H4350. Another conversation at a TBAC suppressor demo has me wanting to test RL17, but in reality H4350 is less powder, I use it in other calibers and it just works. Also it's consistent and well under an MOA if I do my part.
What speed was that running?

IMR.PNG

So being tougher to get certain powders what are you guys thought on running IMR 4831 pushing 190gr Berger Hybrids on a 27" 1.8T Barrel. I know the slower burning powders like H1000 and RL26 are most guys choice but I found about 55lbs of IMR 4831 for a decent price debating on buying a chunk. Hodgdon's chart would only go to 175gr bullets but looks like you could run less powder, with a little less pressure, and about the same speeds.

View attachment 7663441

So being tougher to get certain powders what are you guys thought on running IMR 4831 pushing 190gr Berger Hybrids on a 27" 1.8T Barrel. I know the slower burning powders like H1000 and RL26 are most guys choice but I found about 55lbs of IMR 4831 for a decent price debating on buying a chunk. Hodgdon's chart would only go to 175gr bullets but looks like you could run less powder, with a little less pressure, and about the same speeds.
IMR 4831 is kinda between H4350 and H4831, both of which are way to fast for 190’s in my opinion. Out of a 22” barrel I’m running 175 Berger’s at 2800 with h4350, and 180 Berger’s at 2760 with h4831sc. And that’s about 50 FPS from stiff bolt lift on both loads.

If you’re stuck on the 190’s, I’d say wait till you can find H1000 or RL26, they pop up from time to time. Otherwise you could pick a lighter bullet and run the imr 4831. Just my .02

Last edited:
Reactions: BoltRunner
Fella was running 55 grains h4350 with 190 bergers an said rifle shot more consistent with it then h1000. Personally im running h1000 or rl26. Just case fill is what id worry about with the faster powders

Its not as good as h1000. I have noticed rl26 specially when u shoot strings and leave a round in the chamber tad to long itl jump in velocity im my findings or on hot days. Speed sure is sweet tho. Running 190s in a 32 inch. Been using h1000 lately do to alot more stable

IMR 4831 is kinda between H4350 and H4831, both of which are way to fast for 190’s in my opinion. Out of a 22” barrel I’m running 175 Berger’s at 2800 with h4350, and 180 Berger’s at 2760 with h4831sc. And that’s about 50 FPS stiff bolt lift on both loads.

If you’re stuck on the 190’s, I’d say wait till you can find H1000 or RL26, they pop up from time to time. Otherwise you could pick a lighter bullet and run the imr 4831. Just my .02
I just have quite a bit of IMR 4350, picked up some more IMR 4831, and have 1000 Berger 190 Hybrids but cant hardly find any H1000. Might just use the powders for other bullets and wait till I find some slower powder for the 190's

Reactions: SonoranPrecision
I just have quite a bit of IMR 4350, picked up some more IMR 4831, and have 1000 Berger 190 Hybrids but cant hardly find any H1000. Might just use the powders for other bullets and wait till I find some slower powder for the 190's
Were u located? I got four 8lb kegs if h1000. Prolly spare 1 if u close

Has anyone tracked a new barrel to see how many rounds it takes for the barrel to speed up and stabilize?

Has anyone tracked a new barrel to see how many rounds it takes for the barrel to speed up and stabilize?
Im at 145 right now on a bartlein and it hasnt really speed up yet. Not sure its going to. Maybe by 200 it will pick up speed. Usually all my other barrels have speed up by now

Awesome thanks, how many reloads are guys getting out of ADG brass with a moderate load?

Awesome thanks, how many reloads are guys getting out of ADG brass with a moderate load?
I'm at 14 reload cycles on my ADG and primer pockets are starting to open up. Likely won't get more than a couple more cycles out of them, but no complaints. I run a fairly stout load just short of heavy bolt lift/ejector swipe.

That’s good to know, I’ve gotta make 50 brass last through hunting season if I can’t get more the next run

That’s good to know, I’ve gotta make 50 brass last through hunting season if I can’t get more the next run
Adg 7 saum should start shipping to merchants soon. Got an email from adg yesterday.

I sure hope so! I have a brand new build and no brass:(
I wouldn't hold your breath for ADG brass I've been waiting forever and seen lots of guys waiting for well over 6 months. Personally I've been buying Norma / Nosler anytime I can find it where I realize that ADG is prob the best If I cant buy it then it being the best really doesn't matter...

I scored some IMR 4955 and was wondering if anyone has data for this in 7saum? I've found some data for it for 7 mag, was going to drop a grain from their min load and build up from that sending Berger 168gr VLDH.

Drop down a grain from 7 mag minimum? Or 7 saum minimum. The burn rate chart put imr 4599 between rl-26 and 4350. Dont know anything about this powder, but if your going a grain below 7 mag charge wieght, might be a problem in the saum

I scored some IMR 4955 and was wondering if anyone has data for this in 7saum? I've found some data for it for 7 mag, was going to drop a grain from their min load and build up from that sending Berger 168gr VLDH.

I ran 57gr of 4955. My notes say, Heavy bolt lift "reduce charge and reduce CBTO". No speeds.
162 ELDX new Nosler 300 SAUM brass CCI 200. I did not try it in ADG or Gunwerks brass I moved on to other powders.

Reactions: 117D-RTO
For anyone in need:

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
For anyone in need:

Wish i could pm him lol

Using rl26 in a short action what speed should I expect running a 175 elite hunter and 180 hybrid for occasional target steel.
haven’t decided between a 22 or 24 in barrel. It would be a proof sendero and would wear a can.
thanks.

Using rl26 in a short action what speed should I expect running a 175 elite hunter and 180 hybrid for occasional target steel.
haven’t decided between a 22 or 24 in barrel. It would be a proof sendero and would wear a can.
thanks.
When I was shooting 180 eldm's with rl-26 out of a 24" barrel I was getting 2860 fps

Reactions: Timo494