• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes $700 scope comparison

How is the warranty better at Vortex? They both have Lifetime Forever warranties... Doesn't get much more equal than that...

Who told you that shit about them just giving you a credit if it's been discontinued? That's a load of shit. There's lots of reports on here alone, that if something was discontinued, they either fixed it, or contacted the owner about swapping it out for the newest (or comparable) version of the scope.

@Birddog6424 wanna weigh in on this? 😂
IF they cant fix it, you get credit for their website. According to posts online. Just google "Burris Forever Warranty". Its basically what many who had that specific case of a broken discontinued scope said.
And it seems many people have just gotten the new model Vortex if a discontinued one breaks and cannot be fixed.

All according to the interwebz of course.

*Edit to say after some more searching it seems some do get new comparable scopes, but some have had the credit issued.
Still a factor and I would not consider them equal warranties.

Last edited:
IF they cant fix it, you get credit for their website. According to posts online. Just google "Burris Forever Warranty". Its basically what many who had that specific case of a broken discontinued scope said.
And it seems many people have just gotten the new model Vortex if a discontinued one breaks and cannot be fixed.

*Edit to say after some more searching it seems some do get new comparable scopes, but some have had the credit issued.
I'm sure the credit issued is an option if they do not want the comparably-offered scope. I think some folks are leaving out some information in their experiences on purpose to be deceptive because the weren't happy with the outcome. Most all lifetime warranty scope companies are going to offer you either credit or a new scope. I've never heard of a company simply offering credit and that's it...No other option. Like I said, I think some folks are lying or leaving out some important facts.

Then get the Vortex, if that's your tie breaker.

Ok. Last scope came in today. The Optika 6 5x30x56.

It’s a great scope. At 750 yards I could see the same level of detail that I could see out of the Burris. It’s bright, solid feeling, etc.

Again, a downside here is a more finicky eyebox and parallelex adjustment. Other than that, I’d say the only difference is that the Burris renders colors more vibrant somehow.

I’m going to say the Burris is still the winner. It just feels better somehow, like my eye isn’t working so hard. There’s probably a word for that..

Seems odd to use a tactical scope for hunting, but this hunting setup is specifically for long-range shots from a 300PRC. I’ve got my trusty .243 and 30-06 with more humble 3x9x40’s on em’ for what people call “hunting guns”.

Reactions: Scopeye
I was just in the market for a scope and was looking for something 3-18ish.

Budget isn't really the main concern, but I don't plan on using the gun much. More of just a fun build, so I didn't feel like spending big money on the scope.

I shoot a lot of Razors (G2, G3, LHT) on most of my guns. Simply because they work well and I tend to be really hard on things and bang them up. I'm not the biggest image snob, but just need something that I can see well with, read mirage, tracts and has a good hold-over reticle.

I was considering Athlon ARES , Vortex Strike Eagle, Leupold MK5, Meopta Optika6 , and Burris XTR III. I really didnt want a China made scope based on previous experiences, so that limited it to the Leupold, Meopta and Burris. I ended up going with the XTR III mainly because I was just able to pick one up from Optics Planet for $1140 delivered to my door and it comes with an illuminated reticle without a significant bump in price.

I have no experience with Burris, but have read some pretty solid reviews of the XTR III's comparing them the to MK5's , NX8's and PST'S. Should be interesting to step out of my comfort zone of brands and try something new.
Did they not honor the easily obtainable 10% off Optics Planet discount coupon code? I would think it would have cost just over $1000 or at least under $1100 with the 10% discount code.

Ok. Last scope came in today. The Optika 6 5x30x56.

It’s a great scope. At 750 yards I could see the same level of detail that I could see out of the Burris. It’s bright, solid feeling, etc.

Again, a downside here is a more finicky eyebox and parallelex adjustment. Other than that, I’d say the only difference is that the Burris renders colors more vibrant somehow.

I’m going to say the Burris is still the winner. It just feels better somehow, like my eye isn’t working so hard. There’s probably a word for that..

Seems odd to use a tactical scope for hunting, but this hunting setup is specifically for long-range shots from a 300PRC. I’ve got my trusty .243 and 30-06 with more humble 3x9x40’s on em’ for what people call “hunting guns”.
Well, there's close to $600 price difference between the Optika 6 and Burris XTR3i and both are at their sale prices too with the Meopta having the better discount. Is the Burris worth almost double the cost of the Meopta?

If you really like the huge eyebox from the Burris, and it's the deciding factor wjat you want to keep but simply cannot afford to keep the $1290 Burris, the $540 Viridian Xactus 5-30x56 is close to the Burris in regards to huge eyebox and uses German Schott glass with similar image quality compared to the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 without the tight eyebox and only weighs around 28oz. Optics Planet has it and you request a 10% discount code by messaging their chat on their website. There's a free returns policy within 30 days if you aren't happy with it. You should phone them as well to see if they will discount it more than 10%. Your final price should be $540 or less with free shipping.

This Viridian Xactus is like a lighter weight Bushnell Match Pro ED with better quality glass and nicer turrets at a much cheaper price with a better lifetime warranty. It's a nearly identical twin to the $900 Vector Optics Continental 34mm with a better reticle.

What is the difference, besides price, between Xactus, Antero and Myles? Do they all use Schott Glass? Where are they made and how is the warranty?
They're different branded Vector Optics scopes. No idea on the Mylex. The Viridian Xactus is their top of the line Flagship scope twin to the Vector Optics Continental 34mm sells for $900 and think of it like the Bushnell Match Pro ED but with better glass and nicer turrets and lighter weight with a better lifetime warranty including their electronics. Quality is better than Bushnell Match Pro ED and a little below the Athlon Ares BTR G2. I'd say about Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 quality.

The Antero uses similar glass as the Xactus and equivalent to the more expensive Vector Continental X6 30mm with a different reticle. Quality is better than Vortex Strike Eagle level.

All made in China by the same company that makes a lot of rebranded optics we all are familiar with. The Viridian have a lifetime warranty including their electronics. Viridian company has been in business about as long as Athlon has. So far, no complaints from ANYONE, NOT ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER COMPLAINT so far after nearly 10 years in business.

Their electronic green dot sights have a 7 year warranty. I have no idea about those sights since I only buy lifetime warranty electronic sights from other brands such as Burris.

If you plan to buy some Viridian scopes, I will oy recommend what I specifically mentioned and nothing from their other cheaper lines. I do know their Xactus and Antero uses German glass and do not really care nor have any interest in their other lines of scopes or red dot green dot sights.

How is the warranty better at Vortex? They both have Lifetime Forever warranties... Doesn't get much more equal than that...

Who told you that shit about them just giving you a credit if it's been discontinued? That's a load of shit. There's lots of reports on here alone, that if something was discontinued, they either fixed it, or contacted the owner about swapping it out for the newest (or comparable) version of the scope.

Nobody has a better no questions asked lifetime warranty than Vortex and they even foot your shipping bill via prepaid shipping label whenever you need to send in your Vortex products in for warranty like how Arken does too.

If you run your Burris over with your truck or drop it off of a steep high cliff or shoot it with a shotgun they won't warranty it. Vortex on the other hand you can send them the pieces and get them tajen cared of under warranty.

There have been actual reports of a "few" disgruntled former Burris customers who complained they were denied warranty from Burris who allegedly even belittled them over the phone. Grievances posted on YouTube and online complaints google searched.

Good news is Burris is way way way more trustworthy compared to Bushnell and Riton.

Did they not honor the easily obtainable 10% off Optics Planet discount coupon code? I would think it would have cost just over $1000 or at least under $1100 with the 10% discount code.
It was something like $1060, then add back in $78 in taxes. I guess you could subtract the $20 something in OP bucks they give you, but I didn't.

Not too worried about getting something for the absolute lowest price as long as I can return it if I don't like it.

It was something like $1060, then add back in $78 in taxes. I guess you could subtract the $20 something in OP bucks they give you, but I didn't.

Not too worried about getting something for the absolute lowest price as long as I can return it if I don't like it.
Can you do a mini review please when you get it and what you think and how it compares to what you already have thanks and I'm considering buying one too pending further feedback.

Nobody has a better no questions asked lifetime warranty than Vortex and they even foot your shipping bill via prepaid shipping label whenever you need to send in your Vortex products in for warranty like how Arken does too.

If you run your Burris over with your truck or drop it off of a steep high cliff or shoot it with a shotgun they won't warranty it. Vortex on the other hand you can send them the pieces and get them tajen cared of under warranty.

There have been actual reports of a "few" disgruntled former Burris customers who complained they were denied warranty from Burris who allegedly even belittled them over the phone. Grievances posted on YouTube and online complaints google searched.

Good news is Burris is way way way more trustworthy compared to Bushnell and Riton.
Yeah, I have owned Vortex optics for well over a decade, and I’ve used their warranty several times… I know all about it. We all know. You don’t have to keep explaining everything to everyone in small novels like they’re idiots who don’t know anything. It’s obnoxious.

If you want to be the Dark Lord of Chinesium Optics, go right ahead, but I’d recommend taking it down a few notches if you want to make any friends here.

Yeah, I have owned Vortex optics for well over a decade, and I’ve used their warranty several times… I know all about it. We all know. You don’t have to keep explaining everything to everyone in small novels like they’re idiots who don’t know anything. It’s obnoxious.

If you want to be the Dark Lord of Chinesium Optics, go right ahead, but I’d recommend taking it down a few notches if you want to make any friends here.
Not assuming everyone are idiots as you put it but I'm sure there are readers and lurkers who actually don't know many of the warranty specifics such as limited 5 year warranty on electronics for certain brands of optics while they may think they have a real lifetime warranty and certain brands that may have hiccups on occasion so they won't be too surprised if they themselves are the lucky ones that happens to get screwed over come warranty time or shocked with a repair bill past their warranty.

For example I didn't know Nightforce had a 5 year warranty on their electronics when I purchased several of them. Same with Bushnell and assumed they had an iron clad lifetime warranty which covered everything including their electronics. I didn't know Zeiss electronics for 5 years while the rest of the scope is covered by their lifetime warranty too until just recently. I bring it up because there are reviews with the LRP S3 with faulty illumination I think one of them was purchased from Midway USA and others from a different forum maybe it was even mentioned here on a past post or reply. That is all.

I get it, you are anti CHINA but I bet there's more people than you possibly think that are fine with buying made in China scopes and optics due to finances. Not everyone can afford to buy expensive (NON Chinese) scopes at regular prices or even on sale. At least I don't recommend buying Chinese made scopes with shitty warranties unless they're dirt cheap enough to toss into the trash and not feel too bad about it.

Up until just recently even you yourself parroted a lot of readers to buy Chinesium Arken scopes I recall. That's when I though you were one of those shills, no offence. I base my recommendations only when they're on sale at the best possible prices and don't push anyone to pay regular price for any of my recommendations.

The specific Athlons among ither brands and models of optics I suggested buying on sale at very good discount prices are based on my first hand experience actually using them myself with zero problems and have been best in class at their specific sale price points.

Reactions: steve123

I've never heard of them giving credit. I have however heard of many occasions where the gave the newer, comparable model. In many cases a step up.

Burris is serious about their warranty program. They want a happy customer, they aren't trying to pinch pennies over it..

And yes, if you drop your Burris scope off a cliff, run over it with your truck, or shoot it with a shotgun, Burris will repair or replace your optic. "No Questions Asked" is the premise of their warranty. If it says Burris on it, it has their Forever Warranty.

Not sure where some of this information is coming from, but Burris stands 100% behind their optics. There are two sides to every story, and I've seen some real doosies on this page alone that proved to be utter bullshit. I can find out with a phone call and have exposed more than one person by posting Burris side of the story. So if people are out there claiming Burris didn't warranty their item, there's a good reason for it. They WANT to take care of the customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scopeye and FuhQ
I like my two XTR3’s. Burris needs to have a 2-10 or 2-12 XTR3 with side parallax and illumination. It would be a sweet spot scope - better than the PST2, Credo and GLX and comparable to NXS 2.5-10 and Leupold MK5 2-10, but at a better price. I think there’s a sizable market for people wanting this style scope for SPR/DMR, shorty bolt actions and hunting rifles.

I have read this thread 3 times. It looks like the Athlon Ares BTR 2G is a pretty darn good scope and when you factor in <$600, it is a winner. Is there anything of that quality for that price? Plus, I like the 30 mm tube for less weight, and I have Burris Signature rings for 30mm. Woolsocks, I like your review, but you are comparing $500 to $2000. Is there that much difference in quality.... glass and mechanics?

I have read this thread 3 times. It looks like the Athlon Ares BTR 2G is a pretty darn good scope and when you factor in <$600, it is a winner. Is there anything of that quality for that price? Plus, I like the 30 mm tube for less weight, and I have Burris Signature rings for 30mm. Woolsocks, I like your review, but you are comparing $500 to $2000. Is there that much difference in quality.... glass and mechanics?

Reading elsewhere on this forum, it seems that glass quality/precision has been mastered so long ago that pretty much any scope will have great glass. What’s different between manufacturers/lines is the coatings on the glass. I felt that was in evidence between the Athelon, Meopta and Burris. All three scopes were extremely clear and provided equally fine detail. Where the Burris set itself apart was its ability to enhance color and depth. I’d say the Athelon and Meopta are like my Oakley sunglasses - perfectly clear and functional. The Burris is like my Costa Del Mar sunglasses, not necessarily any more clear than the Oakley’s, but they do render colors in a way that actually enhances my vision.

I’m not sure everyone would experience the same thing. I have very light-sensitive eyes. Probably thanks to my ancestors living 10,000 years somewhere it rains all the time. Your eyes might be equally happy with all three scopes. Mine just really felt comfortable with the Burris.

Keep in mind I’m buying this scope for hunting. The Burris’s ability to enhance color contrast for my eyes is a big plus for me, as I’m trying to pick out brown animals against a brown backdrop. If I were shooting paper or plates, the Athelon or Meopta would be just fine. Similarly, the more forgiving eyebox and easier parallelex adjustment on the Burris is a plus for hunting. I’ll probably have limited time to set up for a shot, so less time fiddling with things gives me more time to regulate my breathing and make a good shot.

All told. Saving a little longer for a Burris is worth it for me, because I’m using it for challenging hunting situations and because I have wimpy eyes. If I were primarily shooting at a range, I’d go with one of the lower-priced options. Probably the Optica just out of bias for something not Chinese.

As far as build quality, the Athelon felt a little more fragile to me than the Burris and Optica. That may might just be my bias at play, though. I didn’t perform any tracking test, which would probably be a real, verifiable way to tell.

Reading elsewhere on this forum, it seems that glass quality/precision has been mastered so long ago that pretty much any scope will have great glass. What’s different between manufacturers/lines is the coatings on the glass. I felt that was in evidence between the Athelon, Meopta and Burris. All three scopes were extremely clear and provided equally fine detail. Where the Burris set itself apart was its ability to enhance color and depth. I’d say the Athelon and Meopta are like my Oakley sunglasses - perfectly clear and functional. The Burris is like my Costa Del Mar sunglasses, not necessarily any more clear than the Oakley’s, but they do render colors in a way that actually enhances my vision.

I’m not sure everyone would experience the same thing. I have very light-sensitive eyes. Probably thanks to my ancestors living 10,000 years somewhere it rains all the time. Your eyes might be equally happy with all three scopes. Mine just really felt comfortable with the Burris.

Keep in mind I’m buying this scope for hunting. The Burris’s ability to enhance color contrast for my eyes is a big plus for me, as I’m trying to pick out brown animals against a brown backdrop. If I were shooting paper or plates, the Athelon or Meopta would be just fine. Similarly, the more forgiving eyebox and easier parallelex adjustment on the Burris is a plus for hunting. I’ll probably have limited time to set up for a shot, so less time fiddling with things gives me more time to regulate my breathing and make a good shot.

All told. Saving a little longer for a Burris is worth it for me, because I’m using it for challenging hunting situations and because I have wimpy eyes. If I were primarily shooting at a range, I’d go with one of the lower-priced options. Probably the Optica just out of bias for something not Chinese.

As far as build quality, the Athelon felt a little more fragile to me than the Burris and Optica. That may might just be my bias at play, though. I didn’t perform any tracking test, which would probably be a real, verifiable way to tell.
Your thoughts mirror mine. I have/had all three and it’s Burris, meopta then the Athlon in order of performance. All three track spot on, I had a suspicion about my meopta early on but it ended up being bad Burris xtr ring inserts allowing it to slip. The turrets probably felt the best on the meopta but the lack of certain features just sucked. Lol I think meopta should put a locking mechanism on the windage. And rev and directional indicators on the elevation turret and turret housing, and do away with the cheesy rubber grip on all the mechanics. then I think it would catch on more.

Reactions: Scopeye and BCP
Your thoughts mirror mine. I have/had all three and it’s Burris, meopta then the Athlon in order of performance. All three track spot on, I had a suspicion about my meopta early on but it ended up being bad Burris xtr ring inserts allowing it to slip. The turrets probably felt the best on the meopta but the lack of certain features just sucked. Lol I think meopta should put a locking mechanism on the windage. And rev and directional indicators on the elevation turret and turret housing, and do away with the cheesy rubber grip on all the mechanics. then I think it would catch on more.
For me the eye box and reticle are the two most important factors, assuming the scope tracks well and has zero stop. I test eyebox in various shooting positions because the distance of eye to scope changes. So can I set the eye relief such that I have a solid picture in every position without having to fish for it? Do I like the reticle? Do I like the illumination? When I’m behind the gun, can I operate the scope well? For example, Burris XTR3 indicates elevation revolutions. This is very helpful because I can see exactly where I am on the dial while shooting. Assuming you’re not dialing for wind, then the reticle is extremely important for this. When switching from a target at 200 to one at 600, do I like the mils subtensions? can I operate parallax easily and quickly? Does the scope focus easily? When standing behind the gun preparing to shoot, can you easily and quickly find targets? This is also a function of eyebox, parallax adj and FOV. Is the magnification ring smooth and easy to adjust when you maintain a cheek weld?

These are the things I judge a scope by. Glass quality is 6th or 7th on the list for me. And if I’m comparing two very good scopes glass quality doesn’t really matter to me. I’m trying to put bullets on target so as long as the target image is clear, I’m not worried about the perfect colors or CA. I’m judging the scopes ability get me on target at various distances from various positions consistently and quickly.

Last edited:
For me the eye box and reticle are the two most important factors, assuming the scope tracks well and has zero stop. I test eyebox in various shooting positions because the distance of eye to scope changes. So can I set the eye relief such that I have a solid picture in every position without having to fish for it? Do I like the reticle? Do I like the illumination? When I’m behind the gun, can I operate the scope well? For example, Burris XTR3 indicates elevation revolutions. This is very helpful because I can see exactly where I am on the dial while shooting. Assuming you’re not dialing for wind, then the reticle is extremely important for this. When switching from a target at 200 to one at 600, do I like the mils subtensions? can I operate parallax easily and quickly? Does the scope focus easily? When standing behind the gun preparing to shoot, can you easily and quickly find targets? This is also a function of eyebox, parallax adj and FOV. Is the magnification ring smooth and easy to adjust when you maintain a cheek weld?

These are the things I judge a scope by. Glass quality is 6th or 7th on the list for me. And if I’m comparing two very good scopes glass quality doesn’t really matter to me. I’m trying to put bullets on target so as long as the target image is clear, I’m not worried about the perfect colors or CA. I’m judging the scopes ability get me on target at various distances from various positions consistently and quickly.
The older I get the more a forgiving eye box is important. Eye strain is where my fatigue happens and it shortens my range trips If it’s really bad.

I went with the XTR2 4-20x50 SCR MOA for $599
Its going on a 223 Wylde so I think 20x is good.
Im all about 4yr old tech for half off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Birddog6424

The only other scopes comparable to the Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 are the Viridian Xactus 5-30x56 for under $600 and a lot cheaper at around $540 when you use Optics Planet 10% discount coupon code easily obtainable from their website or even cheaper than that whenever they run their better than 10% optics discount from time to time. They are almost as clear as the Ares BTR Gen 2 and clearer than the $900 Vector Optics Continental 34mm and $700 Bushnell Match Pro ED. Weighing in at roughly 28 oz or so for a 34mm tube with 5-30x56 magnification is on the lighter side. It's the next best scope I'd personally recommend for the price just behind the Athlon. The eyebox is better and easier to get behind with the Viridian Xactus and has a wider apparent FOV. Second rotation pop up turret rev indicator on it's locking turrets is another plus. The zero stop does limit the total elevation travel like how the Bushnell Match Pro ED and Vector Continental 34mm also does but same goes with many non Japanese Vortex scopes with zero stops. Overall build quality is better than the Athlon.

Optics Planet has free shipping and free returns within 30 days of you aren't happy with it. Risk free to try out for yourself. Lifetime warranty including their electronics.

Burris Signature HD 5-25x50 FFP 6.5 Creedmor (or SFP illuminated E3) are the other I'd recommend 3rd place in the sub $600 price point when they go on sale. The SFP illuminated E3 5-25x50 is currently on sale for under $500 at Sportsman's with free shipping before any discounts is applied. Lifetime FOREVER Warranty including their electronics. What's really good about them is their 24 oz light weight and fantastic glass I'd rate their glass on par with the Athlon Ares BTR G2 on high magnification and locking turrets with zero stop. What's not as good is only 65 MOAs of total elevation travel and MSRP is close to $1000 for made in China scope. Their Signature HD line is clearer than the Burris XTR2s and RTs and Veracity and you'd probably think they are made in Japan if you didn't know their country of origin. Overall build quality is above the Athlon.

I had forgotten to mention the Athlon Midas BTR G2 4.5-27x50 SFP version of the Ares BTR G2. They are much cheaper if you prefer SFP with similar glass for around $400 or less when they go on sale but might be worth $599 regular price less 10% off ($540) at Optics Planet with free shipping and free returns within 30 days or when they go on sale on Amazon once in a while for under $500 and maybe even Walmart online if a seller has a good sale. Cheapest I've seen them was around $450-$460 Black Friday sale or currently $400 on Amazon with free shipping for a like new open box return and Amazon usually has a decent return policy but not always free. Lifetime warranty including their electronics.

I'd rate the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 currently on sale for $699.99 higher than the Athlon Ares BTR G2 in overall quality with slightly better glass and also has reliable repeatable tracking. Only negativs are weight and lack of turret rotation indicators but at least the zero stop works very well if you lose track of how many revolutions you made just dial it back down to the stop and start clicking away again. Lifetime warranty including their electronics. I don't believe they are actually made in China no matter what anyone says. You'd need to spend a lot more money and buy at least an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 or maybe Burris XTR 3i (Haven't personally compared this one yet) to equal the glass on this one.

Best in class prices (when on sale) and glass/image quality on high magnification and reliable repeatable tracking with a hassle free (quickest possible turn around time) lifetime warranty are the most important factors to me whenever buying and recommending any optics purchased from return friendly places.

Everyone worked very hard for their money.

Last edited:
@Scopeye why haven’t you or @FuhQ checked into the village idiot thread to accept your nominations?
Oh, I thought it was created for all of you that participated in it to show your immaturity and retardation, for the rest of the forum population to know which egomaniacal assclowns to avoid on here because they provide nothing of value to this place, much less their existence in general. 👍🏼

Oh, I thought it was created for all of you that participated in it to show your immaturity and retardation, for the rest of the forum population to know which egomaniacal assclowns to avoid on here because they provide nothing of value to this place, much less their existence in general. 👍🏼

Nope, it was created for the village idiots such as yourself. You were nominated by quite a few people as was your buddy.

The zero stop on the Match Pro ED 5-3-x56 MRAD does not limit the total elevation travel. Just stop.
You seem to like to surpress any negative honest feedback regarding your brand of scopes specifically your Match Pro ED I noticed as you always seem to delete all negative comments on Reddit and other sites. There's posts from others you also deleted and had them banned who had stated their opinions after receiving their MPED scopes as well. What's going on? Even deleting factual comments regarding your 5 year warranty on the electronics why are you trying to hide this fact? Blanket statement for Iron Clad lifetime warranty but does not openly elaborate on the 5 year limited warranty. False guise under a perceived lifetime warranty which is in fact not a real lifetime warranty not like other brands lifetime warranty.

Are you planning to screw over all your MPED customers after the 5 year warranty expires and they need service?

• Haha
Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Nope, it was created for the village idiots such as yourself. You were nominated by quite a few people as was your buddy.
If you think for a second that I give a fuck what any of you random internet people think, then you’ve definitely got to get out more. The people who nominated me, are the most well-known douchebags and clowns on this forum. So, that “nomination” doesn’t mean much coming from that bunch of circle jerks.

You seem to like to surpress any negative honest feedback regarding your brand of scopes specifically your Match Pro ED I noticed as you always seem to delete all negative comments on Reddit and other sites. There's posts from others you also deleted and had them banned who had stated their opinions after receiving their MPED scopes as well. What's going on? Even deleting factual comments regarding your 5 year warranty on the electronics why are you trying to hide this fact? Blanket statement for Iron Clad lifetime warranty but does not openly elaborate on the 5 year limited warranty. False guise under a perceived lifetime warranty which is in fact not a real lifetime warranty not like other brands lifetime warranty.

Are you planning to screw over all your MPED customers after the 5 year warranty expires and they need service?
I don't have the ability to delete anything but my own comments on Reddit - I'm not a mod or an admin in any way shape or form over there. The reason you don't see all your comments is you keep getting banned and shadow banned. That's not my fault.

Your ax to grind with Bushnell and specifically the MPED is odd and when you put out false info everywhere I have no choice but to counter it.

As for "It does limit the total elevation travel try testing them on a rifle and go shooting with and without the zero stop installed." - You mean like this? or any of the other posts I've made about actual shooting? Just the other day when I was taking that 9mm to 500 yards I took an MPED on my 22 out to 500 as well. I very much know how the zero stop works on it and that the 5-30x56 Match Pro ED MRAD does not limit the total travel with the zero stop. It'd be nice to see some of your range work and not just bashing the MPED everywhere you can.

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
I don't have the ability to delete anything but my own comments on Reddit - I'm not a mod or an admin in any way shape or form over there. The reason you don't see all your comments is you keep getting banned and shadow banned. That's not my fault.

Your ax to grind with Bushnell and specifically the MPED is odd and when you put out false info everywhere I have no choice but to counter it.

As for "It does limit the total elevation travel try testing them on a rifle and go shooting with and without the zero stop installed." - You mean like this? or any of the other posts I've made about actual shooting? Just the other day when I was taking that 9mm to 500 yards I took an MPED on my 22 out to 500 as well. I very much know how the zero stop works on it and that the 5-30x56 Match Pro ED MRAD does not limit the total travel with the zero stop. It'd be nice to see some of your range work and not just bashing the MPED everywhere you can.

Even the well respected in house reviewer had noticed the zero stop limited total elevation travel that is even less than the Midas Tac's 25 MILs of total elevation travel.

"Review of the Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56mm Rifle Scope - Snipers Hide | Sniper's Hide Forum" https://www.snipershide.com/precisi...-bushnell-match-pro-ed-5-30x56mm-rifle-scope/

I went with the XTR2 4-20x50 SCR MOA for $599
Its going on a 223 Wylde so I think 20x is good.
Im all about 4yr old tech for half off.
Please do a follow-up on this one and is it the 10 MIL or 8 MIL revolution and how's the clarity at maximum 20x magnification. Don't mount it if you think it sucks just go ahead and return it for a refund and buy something else if you want to stick with Burris due to brand loyalty then the Signature HDs are most definitely clearer than the XTR2s regardless of country if manufacture you'd probably think they're Japanese if you hadn't already known. Some users have even found the glass in the XTR 2 including their new ones to be not so great.

Seems to be something specific to that reviewer's experience.

All this hate sure makes me wonder what your motivation is.

He is a whiny little pussy and nothing more.

Just ignore him and keep doing good things.

Elite level 1-6 or 1-8 would be cool.
Little competition for the NF nx8

Lighten the 3-12 a tad and use g4 reticle.
Or go 2.5-10.

Please do a follow-up on this one and is it the 10 MIL or 8 MIL revolution and how's the clarity at maximum 20x magnification. Don't mount it if you think it sucks just go ahead and return it for a refund and buy something else if you want to stick with Burris due to brand loyalty then the Signature HDs are most definitely clearer than the XTR2s regardless of country if manufacture you'd probably think they're Japanese if you hadn't already known. Some users have even found the glass in the XTR 2 including their new ones to be not so great.
It is the SCR reticle MOA. 1/4 MOA adjustments.
Im a beginner and it was more about finding something good in that $500-600 price range.
The XTR2 and PST Gen2 were both $1k scopes a couple years ago and now available for roughly half that now.
And I wanted as good a warranty as possible, so it was kind of between those 2.
I dont have experience with many similar scopes so my review would be rather useless.

I received my burris XTR III and I have to say... not super impressed with it.

It seems like it's not that clear, especially at 18x. At 18X is gets almost cloudy. At lower magnifications, it does seem much more clear.

The turrets are nice. The reticle isn't bad but its a little thin at lower magnification
The illumination can only be seen when it's dark.

I was expecting better clarity at that price point to be honest. Maybe I got a bad one. Either way it's going back.

It seems like it's not that clear, especially at 18x. At 18X is gets almost cloudy. At lower magnifications, it does seem much more clear.

The turrets are nice. The reticle isn't bad but its a little thin at lower magnification

I was expecting better clarity at that price point to be honest. Maybe I got a bad one. Either way it's going back.
Not to make assumptions - did you set the diopter and parallax? Mine has pretty outstanding glass quality. I don't think it beats my previous razor G2, but it's quite nice. My illum is also daylight bright on setting 11 to the point I could easily leave it on and hunt with it. Setting 10 is just visible in daytime, 9 and lower I can't see.

Reactions: FuhQ
Not to make assumptions - did you set the diopter and parallax? Mine has pretty outstanding glass quality. I don't think it beats my previous razor G2, but it's quite nice. My illum is also daylight bright on setting 11 to the point I could easily leave it on and hunt with it. Setting 10 is just visible in daytime, 9 and lower I can't see.
Yes. Im lucky enough to still have really good vision and rarely need to play with the diopter much. The parallax didn't seem to be very effective, as I could go from a little under the target's distance to a little over and the image still didn't seem that clear to me throughout the whole range.

Bouncing back and forth between my G3 razor and the Burris was like night and day.

Yeah, I don't know about his experience but mine has been like yours. And everyone who's ever looked through it has been pretty damn impressed. And my illumination is also daylight bright.

Either he got a bad one, or something isn't right.

Yes. Im lucky enough to still have really good vision and rarely need to play with the diopter much. The parallax didn't seem to be very effective, as I could go from a little under the target's distance to a little over and the image still didn't seem that clear to me throughout the whole range.

Bouncing back and forth between my G3 razor and the Burris was like night and day.
I do think my parallax at closer ranges is not quite right. I have to set my parallax at 25yds to really focus at what is more like 60yds. Maybe your scope isn't up to par? I'd really encourage playing with a wide range of parallax and viewing things at a moderate distance if you haven't been able to try that yet.

I do think my parallax at closer ranges is not quite right. I have to set my parallax at 25yds to really focus at what is more like 60yds. Maybe your scope isn't up to par? I'd really encourage playing with a wide range of parallax and viewing things at a moderate distance if you haven't been able to try that yet.
It's not like I didn't want to like the scope. As far as fit and function and feel, everything seems above price point. The eyebox is very forgiving, the scope isnt too big or heavy and I like the cross in the center of the reticle. I actually like everything about it, except the clarity at almost max to max magnification.

I waited to have two range trips before positing, as one trip was only at 100 yards to get it sighted in, but the other was out to a mile. I only shot to 800 with the scope, and it tracked and did everything else it should perfectly.

Since I have another 2+ weeks to return it and match this weekend, I'll bring it out and play with it again at distance just to make sure I'm not missing something. I'd actually rather not return it, but I also wasn't excited about max magnification use.

Reactions: UpSideDown
It's not like I didn't want to like the scope. As far as fit and function and feel, everything seems above price point. The eyebox is very forgiving, the scope isnt too big or heavy and I like the cross in the center of the reticle. I actually like everything about it, except the clarity at almost max to max magnification.

I waited to have two range trips before positing, as one trip was only at 100 yards to get it sighted in, but the other was out to a mile. I only shot to 800 with the scope, and it tracked and did everything else it should perfectly.

Since I have another 2+ weeks to return it and match this weekend, I'll bring it out and play with it again at distance just to make sure I'm not missing something. I'd actually rather not return it, but I also wasn't excited about max magnification use.
Unfortunately compromises have to be made with variable scopes. They seldom do everything perfectly. There’s usually a spot where scopes perform really well and a spot they perform ok. When you get into the 5 and 6 times mag ranges things get kinda wonky in the upper and lower powers. I think most companies tend to put them in the best clarity about 3/4s up in the mag range. A 18 power scope will probably look fantastic at 15-16 power. That’s just the nature of the beast with mid tier optics. I tell a lot of guys who ask about 30 power max mag scopes in the 1000-1500$ price range that are really nice 24-25 power scopes.

MSRP is a joke. I paid $1400 not long ago in the PX for an XTR Pro. I appreciate your opinion and comparison to Optika 5 and 6. I don’t have experience with either. It does seem hard to believe the glass quality is similar on an Optika 5 to the XTR Pro. I would think there would be a lot of other folks echoing that if true. I have read good things about the Optika 6 but then again, the vast majority of reviews of the Pro are glowing as well. I’m all for spending less if quality is the same. “Similar” is tricky though. That means different things to different people. My PMII had similar glass to my ZCOs. Both absolutely usable and excellent quality. The ZCOs are hands down clearer glass and superior scopes, IMO. I like everything about them more. 🍻
You should buy one of the Optika 5 4-20x50 RD Z Plus from a return friendly dealer to compare it to your XTR PRO side by side for yourself. To my eyes, this little cheaper bugger is clearer than the Optika 6 5-30x56.

I'd suggest buying the Tract Toric ELR 4-25x50 this upcoming December 1st sale for $1350 shipped or even cheaper in the mid to upper $1200's if you're Military or Law Enforcement active or retired. Your next closest competitor to this one cost around $2299 which is the Zeiss LRP S3 version of this LOW made scope and Tract Optics has a better lifetime warranty too including their electronics and the much lower priced Tract Toric ELR includes a matching sunshade while the Zeiss LRP S3 version must be purchased separately for an additional cost. Tebebraex lens covers for the Tract Toric ELR cost $70 front and rear direct from Tract Optics and 10% off December 1st. Also recommend buying the optional $40 (less 10% during this upcoming sale) screw in front objective light restrictor mirage reducer image sharpener sold under accessories (Elevate Mirage Cap specifically for the 4-25x50 Toric ELR scope) for the ultimate in crystal clear viewing under any conditions while on maximum magnification. The ones for my Vortex Golden Eagle and my March scopes really work and my inbound Element Optics Theos includes one of them too.

They also offer optional ballistic turret engraving for $100 to match your specific load and bullet too.

You will never run out of elevation travel with this specific Tract Toric ELR either but recommend buying Burris Signature XTR rings to keep your new scope in pristine condition since it won't ever leave a mark on your scope unlike other brands of scope rings and will enable you to perfectly optically center your scope onto any rifle or add little to a lot of additional MOAs of elevation travel which is optional with the multitude of included inserts.

This Tract Toric I'm going to definitely be buying on December 1st with all mentioned additional accessories.

I've also just bought a Meopta Optika 6 3-18x56 RD MRAD1 30mm and am going to be buying an Element Optics Titan 3-18x50 34mm both of them on sale in the mid to lower $500's. Optika 6 to easily see the damn FFP reticle on low magnification for hunting in low light situations and the Element Titan APR2D for best in class 150MOA total elevation travel and easier to see FFP reticle (same reticle as the Theos I have incoming) on low magnification and it's a lot cheaper compared to the Athlon Ares ETR that doesn't have as much total elevation travel. I'm not really an Element Optics fan and was totally unimpressed by their Helix, Nexus Gen 1 and 5-25x56 Titan models and cherry picked 2 of their much better scopes and bought them on sale for lower than their typical prices. The Athlon Ares ETR 3-18x50 is way too overpriced even at their current $699 sale price. Maybe worth buying at $599 or cheaper on Black Friday though since they're still Chinese made.

Seems to be something specific to that reviewer's experience.

All this hate sure makes me wonder what your motivation is.
Bushnell seems to really like to censor negative reviews that are actually honest from first hand dissatisfied customers.

I tried to post a couple of honest reviews several times on some Bushnell scopes as an actual first hand customer and they never posted. Just like how Riton never allows any unfavorable honest first hand review on their own website either.

Your warranty department blew me off on warrantying multiple Bushnell scopes and not in a positive satisfying way either and apparently I'm not the only customer Bushnell decided to screw over when it came to warranty time.

This is why there's an obviously huge disconnect between your sales and marketing team vs Warranty customer service team your company has which apparently couldn't give a rats ass about some or most (who knows? not everyone posts their displeasure and just choose to pound sand quietly after getting shafted) of their customers in need of warranty and customer service. I know not everyone can possibly get screwed over come warranty time otherwise you'd already be permanently shut down by now. Just wait past the 5 year warranty and then everyone will definitely remember these annoying posts of mine.

Now that you mention this, I think I should have tried to send it in for warranty but was worried I'd get the run around as before when I tried to have some of my other Bushnell scopes warrantied. My main issue was the cloudiness like looking through fog at distances past 700-800 yards while some of my other comparable scopes did not exhibit this.

I've seen C_Does video review and mine wasn't nearly as clear as the one he tested. Not even close when set on maximum magnification.

Them again his videos even made the Arken SH4J Gen 2s look pretty darn clear unlike what they actually look like in real life to your naked eye.

Why not just try one out for yourself totally risk free? Free shipping and FREE RETURNS within 90 days if you don't like it. I wouldn't be recommending it if it were selling for $869.99 everywhere else sells than for and even currently on sale they're $695 at EuroOptic and Scopelist. At $565.49 that's still $130 cheaper than even the the cheapest Black Friday sale price. Best of all you got a local Walmart just return it over there within 90 days for a refund if you end up not liking it. The Midas Tacs 4-16x44/6-24x50/5-25x56 currently on sale for $426.99-$454.99-$482.99-$594.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist also can't be beat for their sale prices too almost as clear as the Ares BTR Gen 2 with the same reliable perfect tracking turrets but Scopelist and EuroOptic returns policy is different and not free and not if you mount the scope theurs no chance of returns unlike Walmart's no questions asked returns.

I’ve heard of pinching pennies, but my gosh dude… it’s an endless stream of the cheapest scopes you can find down to the cent being shoved on everyone like a paid sales ad. Please, ease up. It’s too much, it doesn’t help these threads.

I’ve heard of pinching pennies, but my gosh dude… it’s an endless stream of the cheapest scopes you can find down to the cent being shoved on everyone like a paid sales ad. Please, ease up. It’s too much, it doesn’t help these threads.
I always post the cheapest SALE PRICES to be precise.
Maybe a few people such as yourself really enjoy paying full MSRP prices for your stuff but I bet most readers surely don't and that's why I post the cheapest sale prices possible to save everyone money wji don't know where to buy fir the best deals possible.

I always post the cheapest SALE PRICES to be precise.
Maybe a few people such as yourself really enjoy paying full MSRP prices for your stuff but I bet most readers surely don't and that's why I post the cheapest sale prices possible to save everyone money wji don't know where to buy fir the best deals possible.
I think what he’s trying to say, in a respectful manner, is people are looking for firsthand experience and comparisons of scopes. They do not need a running QVC-like advertisement for the lowest prices. If someone specifically asks for help on finding the best price, then by all means help out. Otherwise, it’s best to stick to specific firsthand knowledge of scope performance.

Also, most people don’t read much past the first 3 or 4 sentences, so when you write 6 paragraphs no one is reading all that. Just my $.02.