• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8.6 BLK, The Caliber For Advanced Years.

trolls.jpg

This guy reads like one of those bots. Not even a real person. Auto generated text. Not very bright, incoherent, but goes the job to troll

View attachment 7645937
I could not attempt it without a blank. Hornady is striking brass. Supersonic ammo must be bonded. Bartlein wants 10K for that level of custom and as far as contractors go, I am in Orion, Alabama 5 days a week. Your brothers have turned this forum into a joke. Keep hiding you worthless, washed up rejects. Whatever you say or do, you have to do it behind your screens. You are cowards.
8.6 will be here this year.

With all of the off topic banter within both threads, I can see where the repenting would be overlooked. Perhaps, my attempt was not sufficient.
Since I have your attention, I did not read the rules and assumed that most are like most. I should have paid more attention to how I expressed my situation. I was a bit shaken by the difficulty in supporting 6.5 and looking for better ground. I honestly could not find the delete button or the thread would have been put to bed by breakfast. Especially when I visited the PX and realized that it is a paid privilege. Then I saw why it was a legit big deal and not the busy bodies I assumed.
Most likely, if I were not being ganged up on for anything that was at hand or retrieved, I would have been more incline to focus on the mistake; I honestly was open to and am now keeping the 6.5. It ads value to the rifle in the end and the extension is not sold alone, as far as I know. I like that I can build anything that feeds out of AR10 mags!!!
So, I am sorry that I was not more careful than risk breaking the rules.
If there is a rule about deviating from Post subject, there needs to be dozens of members joining me in making an apology for not respecting the rules.
You petty ass washouts have ruined these forums. Anonymous cowards.

Says the hiding coward.

I can not only post without being insulting, I would welcome it. I would think that anyone becoming cordial with me will have to face "the crew".

With all of the off topic banter within both threads, I can see where the repenting would be overlooked. Perhaps, my attempt was not sufficient.
Since I have your attention, I did not read the rules and assumed that most are like most. I should have paid more attention to how I expressed my situation. I was a bit shaken by the difficulty in supporting 6.5 and looking for better ground. I honestly could not find the delete button or the thread would have been put to bed by breakfast. Especially when I visited the PX and realized that it is a paid privilege. Then I saw why it was a legit big deal and not the busy bodies I assumed.
Most likely, if I were not being ganged up on for anything that was at hand or retrieved, I would have been more incline to focus on the mistake; I honestly was open to and am now keeping the 6.5. It ads value to the rifle in the end and the extension is not sold alone, as far as I know. I like that I can build anything that feeds out of AR10 mags!!!
So, I am sorry that I was not more careful than risk breaking the rules.
If there is a rule about deviating from Post subject, there needs to be dozens of members joining me in making an apology for not respecting the rules.
OKay, this train wreck has gone on long enough. I can't take a few days off without coming back to this crap. Smdh...take some more time off, until you can figure out how to post without insulting people, and then crying "victim"...this is the second time. There won't be a third.

It hurts to carry a ruck @ 19 years old and I find that as I age the attributes of being an effective soldier seem to become much harder to maintain. Force multipliers have a special place in all men's heart and thank God that the team that gave 300 BLK legs have gone twice as effective and I am betting the engineer @ Q is correct with 3THREE3 times the effectiveness of the 300 BLK.

I wanted The Fix rifle since I saw it and knew that Ihad to get one when I encountered the 8.6. I did recently find a fair local deal in 6.5. I do not have or need to get any 6.5CM. I now have a Proof in 308 and have shed a whopping 2 oz!!!! I could not be happier with the pluses of a CF barrel on this rifle. Now that I have a barrel AND EXTENSION that I am not using...........I need to thank my new Sniper Hide family for making me keep it. ;)
It hurts to carry a ruck @ 19 years old and I find that as I age the attributes of being an effective soldier seem to become much harder to maintain. Force multipliers have a special place in all men's heart and thank God that the team that gave 300 BLK legs have gone twice as effective and I am betting the engineer @ Q is correct with 3THREE3 times the effectiveness of the 300 BLK.

I wanted The Fix rifle since I saw it and knew that Ihad to get one when I encountered the 8.6. I did recently find a fair local deal in 6.5. I do not have or need to get any 6.5CM. I now have a Proof in 308 and have shed a whopping 2 oz!!!! I could not be happier with the pluses of a CF barrel on this rifle. Now that I have a barrel AND EXTENSION that I am not using...........I need to thank my new Sniper Hide family for making me keep it.
19 and aging? Oh, I’m so sorry!

I wanted The Fix rifle since I saw it and knew that Ihad to get one when I encountered the 8.6. I did recently find a fair local deal in 6.5. I do not have or need to get any 6.5CM. I now have a Proof in 308 and have shed a whopping 2 oz!!!! I could not be happier with the pluses of a CF barrel on this rifle. Now that I have a barrel AND EXTENSION that I am not using...........I need to thank my new Sniper Hide family for making me keep it.

Did you say 19 and aging? 😳
I’m so sorry…

I wish I was still young! If you detect any sarcasm or snide remarks coming from me, they are most likely simple jealousy!

Haven’t heard much about “The fix” but I don’t even try to keep up with all the many new calibers or their marketing schemes. I can definitely understand why many want to lighten the load and maintain velocity and/or power etc. But that has always been one of those trade offs. Until we discover some alien form of physics or another element that defies everything we now know about physics, it will continue to be a trade off situation. Don’t be too discouraged by any of the negative comments or any attacks from the comment section. Guns aren’t much different than trying to discuss religion or politics! Most have very strong, emotional opinions or convictions and for others… well there’s just no communicating effectively with stupid! It’s rarely ever personal, nobody here likely knows you, so how could it be? I for one would be interested in hearing how the trade off works out for you and how you feel about “The Fix” after some time and mileage! Thanks!

Fuck me runnin! Some things never change......might or might not be a good thing. On some obscure, perverted level, Maser I'm glad you're still here. Had a great time laughing at your sorry ass back then. Memories....kinda like "amberlamps". Some never leave you.
Maybe you could steer this cluster-fuck thread to something resembling entertainment without gettin whacked w/ the banhammer.
Fuckin priceless.

19 and aging? Oh, I’m so sorry!

Did you say 19 and aging? 😳
I’m so sorry…

I wish I was still young! If you detect any sarcasm or snide remarks coming from me, they are most likely simple jealousy!

Haven’t heard much about “The fix” but I don’t even try to keep up with all the many new calibers or their marketing schemes. I can definitely understand why many want to lighten the load and maintain velocity and/or power etc. But that has always been one of those trade offs. Until we discover some alien form of physics or another element that defies everything we now know about physics, it will continue to be a trade off situation. Don’t be too discouraged by any of the negative comments or any attacks from the comment section. Guns aren’t much different than trying to discuss religion or politics! Most have very strong, emotional opinions or convictions and for others… well there’s just no communicating effectively with stupid! It’s rarely ever personal, nobody here likely knows you, so how could it be? I for one would be interested in hearing how the trade off works out for you and how you feel about “The Fix” after some time and mileage! Thanks!
The 8.6 was my excuse for getting the rifle, I guess. It was quite an expense to take on for a want. I would encourage anyone to put their hands on one, if they get a chance. It is pretty stout in the handy category.
I will not have any trigger time until I can get a wrench; But, the action seems very fast and it works really well with a sling. I had never used a sling and even as a grunt, other than a parade or chow line, it was never used.
Bottom line, I loved suppressing shots and the prospect of a round that is 2-3x 300 BLK is very appealing to me. I have 6.5 and 308 barrels if the 8.6 does not suit the shot.

Can't you just take the barrel extension and spin a fast twist 338Fed barrel, call it 8.6 WTF and move on with your life ? Or some of the many 450 variants ? Then you could brag about 4-6x the 300BLK and your dick would grow an extra inch. It's a bolt gun so it's not like you have to tune the gas port size, recoil and buffer weight ...

Can't you just take the barrel extension and spin a fast twist 338Fed barrel, call it 8.6 WTF and move on with your life ? Or some of the many 450 variants ? Then you could brag about 4-6x the 300BLK and your dick would grow an extra inch. It's a bolt gun so it's not like you have to tune the gas port size, recoil and buffer weight ...
And loose the 1:3 twist energy!?! Nope!

And loose the 1:3 twist energy!?! Nope!
Mgowen has 338 6.5 twist barrel blanks. Wayyyy more than enough to stabilize all the subsonic 300gr class bullets even at 900FPS and -10 F. And it doesn't have the tragic side effect of blowing up all supersonic loads. If anything, if you truly want tumbling and high damage on target with non subsonic expanding bullets, you'd want to be marginally stable. I've killed more deer with my 10" 1/8 twist 300BLK with 240SMK than all my others 1/7 twist running Hornady Sub-X and LeHigh 194ME because all the ultra long 30 cal bullets like 225 ELD-M, 230 SMK and 240 SMK are marginally stable at 1:8 twist and will tumble and cause great tissue damage. 1/3 twist also won't be terribly accurate at long range unless bullet compagnies start developing 350gr 338 pills and they won't because they can't even keep up with the demand as it is. The perceived gains are not worth the squeeze. There is plenty of heavy hitting, accurate subsonic solutions available right now with plenty of brass, dies, load recipes, etc etc.

Reactions: lash
Mgowen has 338 6.5 twist barrel blanks. Wayyyy more than enough to stabilize all the subsonic 300gr class bullets even at 900FPS and -10 F. And it doesn't have the tragic side effect of blowing up all supersonic loads. If anything, if you truly want tumbling and high damage on target with non subsonic expanding bullets, you'd want to be marginally stable. I've killed more deer with my 10" 1/8 twist 300BLK with 240SMK than all my others 1/7 twist running Hornady Sub-X and LeHigh 194ME because all the ultra long 30 cal bullets like 225 ELD-M, 230 SMK and 240 SMK are marginally stable at 1:8 twist and will tumble and cause great tissue damage. 1/3 twist also won't be terribly accurate at long range unless bullet compagnies start developing 350gr 338 pills and they won't because they can't even keep up with the demand as it is. The perceived gains are not worth the squeeze. There is plenty of heavy hitting, accurate subsonic solutions available right now with plenty of brass, dies, load recipes, etc
Your speed is limited, right?
You can add weight to increase the energy, sure.
The 338 caliber is optimum for the SR25.
MM the neck of a loaded 308.
We are way past stabilization.
The energy of a 1:3 twist.....less flash and bang.

Your speed is limited, right?
You can add weight to increase the energy, sure.
The 338 caliber is optimum for the SR25.
MM the neck of a loaded 308.
We are way past stabilization.
The energy of a 1:3 twist.....less flash and bang.
Hey Judy... why don't you make up for all your misbehaving by donating to the fundraiser

I have been bannished and have not heard about a fundraiser.

And linear velocity has what to do with twist? Are you trying to say you need more twist to stabilize a heavier bullet at lower velocities for increased energy?

Yeah clearly I’m retarded because at the same speed (say 1050FPS) the only way to increase energy is to increase the weight. Ek = 1/2*(m*v)^2
It would make sense if you had 400-450gr 0.338 projectiles to use a faster twist to stabilize them but I don’t know much projectiles that weight more than 300gr in the 338 cal therefore I really fail to see how a faster twist rate conjure magical extra energy. Sounds like marketing BS to be honest, unless you have friends with CNCs that can machine you crazy long solids projos that would make use of that silly twist rate.

Also again for a dedicated subsonic bolt gun platform, if you want the most energy on target at the same speed, why not go with something like 416 whisper, 450 bushmaster or 510 whisper?

He did the same thing with 300BLK.
Yep, between Kevin and Hornady, I don't know who's worse at stealing wildcats and profiteering MASSIVELY off of them. Every Hornady cartridge after the 6.5 Creedmoor was a stolen dead wildcat, renamed, repackaged, and SAAMI approved.

Hell, even the 6.5 CM was basically a slightly modified ripoff of the .260 Remington/.260 Rem Ackley Improved.

And linear velocity has what to do with twist? Are you trying to say you need more twist to stabilize a heavier bullet at lower velocities for increased energy?
Forget stability. We are well past such quaint concerns.
You have an explosion and part of energy pushes the bullet out of the bore, while part is flash and bang.
The tighter twist is more resistance to push through the bore and uses more of the, otherwise, wasted energy.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Yep, between Kevin and Hornady, I don't know who's worse at stealing wildcats and profiteering MASSIVELY off of them. Every Hornady cartridge after the 6.5 Creedmoor was a stolen dead wildcat, renamed, repackaged, and SAAMI approved.

Hell, even the 6.5 CM was basically a slightly modified ripoff of the .260 Remington/.260 Rem Ackley Improved.
You are full of assumptions.

I made a 338fed 8twist 16" barrel years ago. 225gr RN @1020fps.

Tell me why 8.6 BLK should be a thing, and I'll tell you why you are a moron.

Also, 35 legend if you are hell bent on a small ass case. I'm still gonna call you a moron.

Cool story bro

But you're wrong

Reactions: Judcargile

6.5 cm parent case is the 300 savage. 260 rem parent case is the 308 Winchester.

Reactions: 308pirate and lash
Prove it! Because you can’t! 😂
So let's hear all the stolen ripoffs

6.5CM versus 260?
6CM versus 243?
6ARC versus 6 Grendel?
300PRC versus 30-375 Ruger?
6.5PRC versus 6.5 SAUM?

The Hornady variants all do something the parent wildcat couldn't. Or they improved on a well known cartridge with correct case length and twist rates in factory rifles

I disagree that 6.5CM offer anything substantial over 260 rem in bolt guns except cheaper brass and factory ammo. Same could be said about 6.5 PRC.

Reactions: FuhQ
I made a 338fed 8twist 16" barrel years ago. 225gr RN @1020fps.

Tell me why 8.6 BLK should be a thing, and I'll tell you why you are a moron.

Also, 35 legend if you are hell bent on a small ass case. I'm still gonna call you a moron.
If 225gr was worth doing, I would have a 300 BLK. You can hide behind your computer and your made up persona and call me whatever you like.

Reactions: iceng
I disagree that 6.5CM offer anything substantial over 260 rem in bolt guns except cheaper brass and factory ammo. Same could be said about 6.5 PRC.
Better bullet placement at 2.85" COAL with marginal velocity loss
8 twist factory rifles
Better shoulder angle

But for a custom gun. 260 is gonna be faster when throated closer to 2.9x" coal. So yeah in general not much to gain from one over the other. 6.5CM is just significantly more popular and always will be

Same thing for 6.5PRC
Better bullet placement for marginal velocity loss

So let's hear all the stolen ripoffs

6.5CM versus 260?
6CM versus 243?
6ARC versus 6 Grendel?
300PRC versus 30-375 Ruger?
6.5PRC versus 6.5 SAUM?

The Hornady variants all do something the parent wildcat couldn't. Or they improved on a well known cartridge with correct case length and twist rates in factory rifles
🤣😂🤣 You literally answered your own question by posting the ripped-off cartridges and wildcats they based their "new and improved" cartridges on, that they all they might have done was shift the shoulder back 0.050", or simply put a 35º shoulder on something that previously had a 27º shoulder. Tiny little improvements... That really did nothing, which have been proven to do virtually nothing as far as performance goes. Changing powders and bullets and primers has shown more performance increase than increasing shoulder angle or moving it backwards. The only improvement that increasing shoulder angle does is prevent brass growth, increase charge pressure at exit (which improves combustion and burn), and as long as they also improved the wall taper, then the added capacity will improve performance because of your fill ratio %. And I'm a huge Ackley Improved guy, and have built several, and still have them. There are a couple that drastically improved performance over the parent cartridge, but mostly from the implementation of slower-burning magnum rifle powders that weren't available back during P.O. Ackley's time. Back then, stuffing more powder in it was the only option. Same reason that the Weatherby cartridges developed any sort of fame. Small bullet, big fucking cartridge full of old surplus .50 BMG and Howitzer powder leftover from WWII = HUGE improvement in speed over a .473" bolt face counterpart due to sheer volume increase.

The ONLY advantages (when compared with equal external factors (rifle, twist rate, etc...) the 6.5CM has over the .260 Rem is A) cheaper and more plentiful brass options (from better marketing, b/c let's face it, Remington really fucked up with the .260 Rem as far as marketing goes), and B) the shorter OA case length allows you to seat higher BC bullets in magazines with shorter internal OAL.

The rest were all reheated leftover failed wildcats that never really took off, other than in small BR circles, or died-off from piss-poor marketing decisions by companies that never really gave them a chance, and didn't have the rest of the industry's support, because of shitty marketing, poor outdated twist rates, etc... Had the .260 Rem been given the same treatment as the 6.5CM, the CM would never exist. The poor marketing and 9" twist rate really didn't do it any favors when heavy-for caliber high-BC LR bullets came along just a few years before the CM and after the .260 was already dying.

Last edited: