• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision A added Perk, for the investment .

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Hey, anybody else here that Hunts @ night with NV , LOVE to catch the glimpses or see start to finish Meteors that Burn-In threw the atmosphere ? & It really kickass with good NV in front of your eye .
    Over the years but especially this Summer I have gotten some real nice sweet visuals . Some with Huge Long bright Tails & even even seeing Vapor & smoke trail as they Streak-in & buns Up . I never get tired of seeing it & it's just icing on the Cake for Nighttime hunting with NV .
    One I know had to have made it all the way to ground level because it was still good size & going strong & not that far away when I lost it in the silhouette of the ground terrain .

Re: A added Perk, for the investment .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, anybody else here that Hunts @ night with NV , LOVE to catch the glimpses or see start to finish Meteors that Burn-In threw the atmosphere ? & It really kickass with good NV in front of your eye .
    Over the years but especially this Summer I have gotten some real nice sweet visuals . Some with Huge Long bright Tails & even even seeing Vapor & smoke trail as they Streak-in & buns Up . I never get tired of seeing it & it's just icing on the Cake for Nighttime hunting with NV .
    One I know had to have made it all the way to ground level because it was still good size & going strong & not that far away when I lost it in the silhouette of the ground terrain .
    </div></div>

NV in use with star and galaxy hunting is AMAZING to say the least.

In your case, would love to have seen a video of what you saw!
    shocked.gif

That's what I do to people who have never used & really have no interest @ all in NV .
    1st thing I do is get them to look up and Star Gaze with the NV , & then they go from No interest to have . All agree that it is a cool invention with it's light amplification & the watching Stars . No one has ever Not said "WOW ".

& once With a friend & 1st time NV user . We watched international space station go by on it's orbit with Raptor-6 & that is outstanding . You don't see any real detail but You definitely see & tell that it is an Not an object that is cruising threw the earths atmosphere .

If you look up near Cassiopeia and the Big Dipper you can clearly see the Andromeda galaxy without magnification. It looks like a big fuzzy oval. I remember in Afghanistan seeing a meteor illuminate the whole country side while using PVS-14's. Another time a meteor left a glowing smoke trail nearly across the entire sky. NVG's are sweet!
    smile.gif

Ya the glowing smoke trail is really cool & and have only seen that a couple times but it was with PVS14 & the Hot smoke/vaporization trail was Really BadAss . Could see real nice with pvs14 .

yes, I also enjoy and even count the pre-midnight meteors I see when out hunting with NV
    smile.gif
    I usually see about one every ten minutes.

Truly spectactular
    smile.gif

Regards
    David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoveSPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can see your own farts with thermal... </div></div>

shocked.gif
    You are clearly a contortionist then?

David.