• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A rimfire scope in a 223 bolt, will it make it?

Lawolfiie

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Los Angeles
Hi all:
So as I post this, I just purchased a howa 1500 short action in 223. I purchased a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II ,3x9. It is currently mounted in a mp15-22. As I have a side red dot on that 22, a trs25; I want to use that scope in the new 223 bolt action. Will the scope take the recoil? I do practice at the range often. My new rifle may ship this week, but with shipping delay's and California laws, I am at least 2 plus weeks away. Although I would like to get a better scope, as I dont plan to push it beyond maybe 300 to 500 yds, most scopes I want are out of my range as I just purchased the rifle, but I really wanted it !! LOL as as I prefer bolts to my AR.
Any input is appreciated, my other scopes are also 3x9 from SIG, and i love them, but I dont want to unmount them from their current place.

Durability you should be fine, but that scope is 1/2" @ 100 clicks and 50yd parallax. Not ideal past 100 yards.

Reactions: Lawolfiie
Durability you should be fine, but that scope is 1/2" @ 100 clicks and 50yd parallax. Not ideal past 100 yards.
Thank you for the reply. Durability is the main concern, eventually I plan to get something better for the howa but mostly I am trying to make sure it can take the punishment, so I don't remove it from the current rifle it is on and then find out I should not have :D I would like a better scope on it, but first I gotta review my wallet to do that :)