• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Flip Up Caps Scope Request/Measurement Thread

Would love to see options for the SWFA SS 3-9 and fixed power scopes! Looks like a great product!

Ben

Thanks for the measurements. It's next on my list.

In other news, the design for the Bushnell XRS and DMR is complete:

PICT0527.JPG

PICT0528.JPG

PICT0529.JPG

PICT0536.JPG

They're on the site for pre-order: Flip Up Caps

If the first batches pass inspection they'll ship in about three weeks.

Successfully took my money! SO MUCH BETTER THAN BUTLER CREEK. Wow, they are sturdy and they are already on my scope and sprayed. Thanks for the fast service. Buy once, cry once.

I have a Bushnell HDMR but I am left handed are you/can you make some that will work for us lefties?
It's possible we'll have lefty versions available in the future after we get caught up on all the regular ones. I can't say when that will be though.
Email sent on Steiner 5-25 caps.
In the process of making prototypes now....

Glad to hear it. Of course you realize that post was worthless without pics, right? ;)

Here are some snaps I got right before work.

May be putting a darker FDE dot pattern after I take it out and see how it works out here.

Steiner 5-25 and Premier 5-25 needed....

let me know if you need dims and to what tolerance.

Thanks Jon and congrats on what appear to be a great product improvement.

Just received my AADMOUNT Vortex Viper PST 50MM flip up scope caps today. They are very well made and designed. The plastic is actually thinner(measured at .053") than the Vortex (Bushwhacker) caps I purchased from Vortex (measured at.113"),thus giving plenty of gap between the cap and rifle barrel. They snap open and close with authority, in other words very tight. They fit the ocular and objective ends of the scope very tightly and require some effort to push on. The caps will not come off by accident. Removing them takes a lot of effort also, rocking top and bottom helps in both installation and removal. Included are small adhesive backed foam squares to help limit the noise of the cap tops opening. When installed just a finger push on one of the front cap tabs is required to open. The ocular cap is easy to open but hard enough not to open with a bump against something. These caps are well worth the price. The Vortex caps were ok, but the ocular cap was a loose fit and had to be opened and closed with both hands.0283small.jpg0284small.jpg0285small.jpg0286small.jpg0287small.jpg

Jon
I'm on board for both ATACR and NXS 50mm.....available? pre-order? delivery sched etc. I'll run down your web site and take a peek! Good looking caps

Jon, the measurements for a March 1-8:

Obj: 1.299" on the end "cap"
1.297" on the tube

Ocu: 1.611" on the end "cap"
1.614" on the tube

According to March's dimensions (BRT's site) they publish similar figures for the ocular on both the 1-8 and 3-24 F-scopes.

Safe trips

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ordered one set. Probably the one thing that can make a march even better.

Jon,

When you get the Steiner 5-25 caps finished, I will order 3 sets.

Jon,

Excellent work. This is something that's needed doing for many years. Will you ever make the front and rear caps available separately? I already have a pretty good solution for the Obj. on my SWFA 5-20 SS.

Interested in:
SWFA 5-20 SS
SWFA 1-6 SS

My personal set on my March made it through hunting season with flying colors:

IMG_20131126_072358_270.jpg

The rifle was banged around into and out of vehicles, crawling through thick brush, into and out of a saddle scabbard, etc, as is usual (and usually enough to break BC's in short order).

I'm on board for both ATACR and NXS 50mm.....available? pre-order?

Good news, I'm still working on the ATACR but the NF 50mm NSX/F1 caps are now available for pre-order (should start shipping in a couple weeks):

Flip Up Cap Set, NightForce NSX, F1, 50mm

PB240505_zps18ebd0c6.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240506_zpsb6d85240.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240507_zps8c87994f.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240514_zpsffb40ebf.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240519_zps7e792148.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

Will you ever make the front and rear caps available separately?

Yes, they are available separately. I've clarified the option a bit on the ordering page so it should be easier to do now.

Jon,

My SS 5-20 would sure look good with a set of your covers to go with the AADMOUNTs I run.... when is the next batch due out?

Sully

Attachments

• 20131130_121213_resized.jpg
    20131130_121213_resized.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 20
And the photo does not show it but both the front and rear Butlers on there are broke. Both have been replaced twice so lets see, three sets of B&C at $8 each = $48 and they didn't make it a year. One set of AADACOVERS + $90 and last a lifetime. Math works for me.

Sully

My personal set on my March made it through hunting season with flying colors:

IMG_20131126_072358_270.jpg

The rifle was banged around into and out of vehicles, crawling through thick brush, into and out of a saddle scabbard, etc, as is usual (and usually enough to break BC's in short order).

Good news, I'm still working on the ATACR but the NF 50mm NSX/F1 caps are now available for pre-order (should start shipping in a couple weeks):

Flip Up Cap Set, NightForce NSX, F1, 50mm

PB240505_zps18ebd0c6.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240506_zpsb6d85240.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240507_zps8c87994f.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240514_zpsffb40ebf.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

PB240519_zps7e792148.jpg%7Eoriginal.jpg

Yes, they are available separately. I've clarified the option a bit on the ordering page so it should be easier to do now.

Are the F1 caps the same as the SFP NXS 3.5-15 x 50mm?

Order placed for 2 sets of F1 scope caps. Jon has anyone got you the measurements for the new 2.5-10x42 Nightforce? If they haven't let me know and I'll measure mine for you. I'd like a set for it as well.

Need a set for Nightforce NXS-5.5-22X56 NP-R1.Believe me they will get tested without having to have them go through a test.

EYE-1.697
OBJ-2660

March 3-24x42 obj=2.007
ocl=1.612
Bushnell
Elite Tactical
3-21x50 obj=2.362
ocl=1.719
IOR 3-18x42 obj=1.923
ocl=1.565
Thanks Jon, Looks like a good improvement.

Jon has anyone got you the measurements for the new 2.5-10x42 Nightforce?
No, please do!
are S&B 5-25x56's on the near horizon? Let me know if you need dimensions.
Prototypes in the pipeline....
Any idea of the timeline for caps for the SS 5-20, 3-9, and 1-6?
Haven't gotten around to the 1-6 yet, but the 3-9 is only about two weeks away and there is a limited number of 5-20 caps in stock now!
any update on when Kahles 624i and the SB PMii 5-25 will be available for order?
Will have prototypes soon, so still a couple weeks away at least.

Jon...what's up with those lesser rings on your hunting rig? :D It seems like it needs a set of Aadland rings.
Heh, nice try. ;) The A-Bolt with the March is my hunting rifle, and it has AADMOUNT Double Lug Rings. The NF is on a customer's rifle, and he has been flogged severely. ;)
Are the F1 caps the same as the SFP NXS 3.5-15 x 50mm?
Yes.

In other news, we now have in stock and ready to ship a limited number of caps for the XRS, DMR, 50mm PST and SWFA 5-20: Flip Up Caps

Caps for the SS 3-9 and 3-15 are on the site for pre-order, expect delivery in a couple weeks. Our first run of NF NSX/F1 50mm caps has shipped out to those who pre-ordered but we are out of stock again. Expect a couple weeks before we have more of those.

Thanks everybody.

Here ya go Jon

NXS 2.5-10x42mm
EYE 1.575"
OBJ. 1.995"

Also if you want it here is the 32mm version.

NXS 2.5-10x32mm
EYE 1.575"
OBJ. 1.573"

Looks like great products all around, will be ordering a set of rings and hopefully some caps for a USO!

BTW, any interest in changing the red "button" to black or is that pretty firm at red?

+1

Will the PST 50mm cap work with the Vortex ARD killflash? If so count me in.

I just ordered for my HDMR.

Definitely in for the NF 2.5-10x42 on the day they are available.

How close do the measurements across different scopes have to be to have a reasonable chance for a cap designed for one scope to fit another? My Bushy Elite 4200 is an exact match for the Bushy 3-21x50 measured above for the objective and measures 1.603 on the ocular. How close is close enough for an acceptable fit?

Will the PST 50mm cap work with the Vortex ARD killflash? If so count me in.
I don't know. Could you measure the outside of a killflash?
My Bushy Elite 4200 is an exact match for the Bushy 3-21x50 measured above for the objective and measures 1.603 on the ocular. How close is close enough for an acceptable fit?
It sounds like the objective would work fine, but that's too big a difference on the ocular--the cap would fall off. I'll need to design a cap that fits.