• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Flip Up Caps Scope Request/Measurement Thread

That's where BC puts 'em and it works for me so far.

Jon, what machine were the pictured caps rapid prototyped on?

They look pretty slick, I'll want a set for my Steiner 5-25 and March 3-24 at a minimum.

Joe

Yes and No....BC's lever is tangent to the diameter whereas this one sticks out axially.

Perhaps the question is not whether it will or will not get caught on something, but do we really need the little red button at all?

How about the SWFA SS HD 1-6x24mm? Would the eye piece be the same as the 5-20x?

Eye piece= 1.735
Objective= 1.181

I imagine the objective would be good on any 30mm tube? Is it too small to make?

I'd be in for a pair for my 1-6x24 SS also.

Looks like great products all around, will be ordering a set of rings and hopefully some caps for a USO!

BTW, any interest in changing the red "button" to black or is that pretty firm at red?

I am interested in these for the following scopes:
Premier 5-25
SS 1-6
SS 5-20

Jon,

I can't get a good read on the ATACR because I do not have anything that will give me the precise measurement you will need. Still working it though because I want a set!

Sully

Yes and No....BC's lever is tangent to the diameter whereas this one sticks out axially.

Perhaps the question is not whether it will or will not get caught on something, but do we really need the little red button at all?

On a BC ocular cap the bottom of the lever actually has a much greater potential to hook on something than Jon's rounded radial lever.
Inspect one closely and you'll see what I mean.
I have a USO SR-8s that came with USO's flip caps which have no pry button on the ocular cover.
While they work fine, I think the pry button is a useful feature on the ocular cover.

Joe

I'm in for -2-sets for my Kahles 624i 6x24x56

Thanks
kenner

This is what my calipers are saying for my NXS 8-32X56.
Objective 2.565
Eyepiece 1.697
Would like to try a set.
Dan

Just looking for clarification? When you say $50 each, is that for a set or for each cover?
Thanks guys. I'll try to keep the price around $50 each for now. There will probably be exceptions though--that monster 72mm Henny will probably be a few bones extra, etc.

That's $50 each cover. After I get my head above water with these things and get through this initial wave, I will certainly be looking for ways to streamline production and reduce cost so it's very possible the price will come down in the future. But right now with the number of people who desperately want them as soon as possible, I'm focusing on finishing the designs and getting them tested and out the door as fast as I can. The priority is getting them in the hands of those who need them right away.

The same goes for different colored buttons, etc. When I have more time I do plan to have more options available (including a LH button for lefties) or other custom features if people don't mind paying for them. But that's going to take a back seat to the above.

As for the utility of the button, I find it really does make a difference when speed is needed. Simple tabs on the objective work well as you can push with the thumb of your support hand very quickly and easily (that's the direction the hand is going anyway). You can use a lot of force and it takes virtually no time.

Doing the same on the ocular isn't so easy. This would require pulling backward toward your face with a forefinger. Nothing is more annoying than caps that open by themselves so these are pretty tight so it takes a decent amount of force to open them. That's much easier to do with your thumb pushing away than a finger pulling toward your face. And whichever hand you use, it's really supposed to be going somewhere else so in addition to being awkward, it's all added movement that takes more time you may not have for a quick shot. In a casual situation it wouldn't be a big deal but in a high pressure situation when you need to shoot quickly, you want to make things as easy as possible on yourself.

Anyway, that's why I stayed with the button concept. I really do feel it works well. Of course like I said, if somebody wants a custom job with no button I could entertain such requests in the future. But for now, what you see is what you get.

I wandered back to the BC thread (to see if anyone actually had anything good to say about them) and found this; that is a beautiful example of the evolution of a topic/thread.

Jon, I'm in, will get specs for my 3-12 Henny, I haven't seen that one up yet.

Fuck Butler Creek.

Count me in. I have a S&B 5-25x56 on the way, and don't want crappy BC caps. I was going to order Tenebraex caps, but nobody answers their email...and I'd rather do business with a US company that is motivated (like Jon).

Jon, lmk when, where and how to pay for these.

I'm in for two NSX 50s and two HDMRs.

I don't have any means to accurately measure diameters: sorry, but still count me in

It's a nylon based plastic; nice and strong. Much of their strength though comes from the design--simply having enough material where it's needed. It's nothing fancy or complicated--just not done half assed. You'll have to try very hard to break these things.

So, anybody got measurements for the ATACR yet? I'm guessing the objective might be the same but I think the eyepiece is bigger than the NSX's.

Also lots of requests for Premier 5-25. If somebody could get measurements that would help--this one might be a bit more complicated. For the eyepiece, the diameter and length (when screwed all the way in) of the fast focus portion will be needed as well as the diameter of the eyepiece housing so I can make the cap stepped correctly.

I didn't realize AADMount was local... Jon any chance you can do a version similar to Vortex with the ARD honeycomb in it?

I would love a set for a Zeiss Diavari 6-24 x 56 . Have you had any luck making them for the Zeiss / Henny eyepiece . I was thinking that slight taper may be problematic .

Jon any chance you can do a version similar to Vortex with the ARD honeycomb in it?
That's definitely a possibility for the future. However, it'll be a while before we get our heads above water on the regular caps so variations such as this will have to wait.

I would love a set for a Zeiss Diavari 6-24 x 56 . Have you had any luck making them for the Zeiss / Henny eyepiece . I was thinking that slight taper may be problematic .
Haven't tried yet. Are your eyepiece measurements the same as listed above for the 72mm? If you could, go ahead and measure the objective as well. ;)

Anyway guys, we're working hard to get these things done. Hopefully we'll have a couple scopes done and ready to order this weekend (though expect a couple weeks for delivery). We're still looking for more measurements for lots of the scopes listed above.

When it slows down I'll be in for a few sets for my NXS 50mm scopes. I'd really like a set for the NXS 2.5-10x42 when it shows up.

Jon, how do you want us to order these caps? Should we go to your website?? Are you going to contact those who expressed interest in ordering with instructions how to order? Thanks.

Will you be sending any samples out to like one of the youtube reviewers? I'd like to hear a review about the features.

Haven't tried yet. Are your eyepiece measurements the same as listed above for the 72mm? If you could, go ahead and measure the objective as well. ;)

Jon ,

I'm almost positive that the Zeiss / Henny eyepieces are the same . Here are my measurements
Eye 1.611
Obj 2.442

I'm going to post a photo of the taper I mentioned the focus ring measures 1.611 but even with the made in Germany line it measures 1.684 .

Last edited:
Yeah, that's going to be a challenge. Thanks.

In other news, we've completed the design for two scopes and are ready to take pre-orders. Figure about three weeks for delivery. Flip Up Caps

We aren't trying to play favorite with scopes, we can't do them all at once so some will get done faster than others. When the test articles fit properly, we'll open it up for ordering for that scope. If they don't fit new test articles will be made and that process will repeat until the design is correct and that will naturally delay release of caps for that scope.

March 3-24/2.5-25 X 42 scopes:

PICT0493.JPG

PICT0494.JPG

PICT0495.JPG

PICT0496.JPG

PICT0499.JPG

Vortex Viper PST 50mm's:

PICT0485.JPG

PICT0486.JPG

PICT0487.JPG

PICT0491.JPG

PICT0490.JPG

Hope you all like them!

Flip Up Caps

Damn those look great, can't wait for the Kahles version. They look solid and I bet you have a winner on your hands.

Looks like junk... I just pre-ordered a set ;-)

Thanks for your time and labor in bringing these to life. Safe trips!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Way to go Jon those do look great ! I've been shooting without caps for so long because I'm sick of them getting hooked on barricades but dang those look like their perfect for not getting ripped off.
If you need any Razors to test locally I have 2 and a buddy has one also. We're usually at the Upper Nisqually monthly field precision shooting matches along with about 25 other scopes of varying makes, S&B, Hens, USO... you could field test on if you need.
I'll bring cash for a set or two if you decide to come out let me know !

+1 on the K624i and a couple of pair for the Nightforce NXS Compact 2.5-10 - I seem to break these ones all the time.

Id be in for a Bushnell XRS set can actually send you the scope for testing as it goes on a current build that a ways from completion if it would help. Just PM me.

How in the hell did I miss this thread?!! I will be getting some for my PSTs once you get caught up on production.

Just placed an order for my new March. The system says "Backordered". When will be next batch of March covers be done?

Jon, received my caps in the mail today. Very nicely packaged, and even nicer contents! Very pleased with the apparent robustness and will get you some measurements on a March 1-8. One of the existing 3x24 caps spec the same, but I will mic them to be certain. For those on the fence, Jon is A+++

Thanks again

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Any chance of having these shipped to Norway? It was not an option on your website.

I would like a set for the Viper PST 6-24x50 and also interrested in a set for a March FX 5-40x56.

I don't have equipment to measure in thousands of an inch right now, but i'll post the numbers when I do.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will get measurements for NF 5.5x22 56mm, Meopta 1x4, and NF1x4 this week and post them. I would definitely be in for a set for each. Those look really nice Jon!