• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International 223 conversion working

I’m joking 1000%

This thing is full steam, just currently working stuff behind the scenes to ensure everything for production goes as planned.

Both kits are functioning great, I’ve swapped mine to a few other rifles to ensure “drop-in”.

Going to get the kit to another testing in hopes of something bigger.

And WSM is the next on the list... as in chucked in the lathe now ?

It's been 8 days. Where is that update?!?!?!
LOL not much going on, just banging away on the conversion to ensure lifespan & durability of springs, parts and hardness. So far so good. Working on getting this streamlined for CNC and other additional parts in the background.

I am getting a special ?mag to test on this kit. Just waiting on USPS, they seem to take longer the sooner I want the part. Depending on how that mag works and testing by a certain individual/team I have huge hopes for this conversion.

Will update what I can when the mag shows up, shows delivery now for Thursday.

Update

Well I have some not so good and some really good news

The bad, well I got a prototype mag from a certain company that is going to be tits. It hold 15rds of 223 and if you want can really stretch out the length. I mean 308 full size mag length ?. Long freebore 223 definitely seems appealing. BUT this mag hits the bolt body of the AI. I can mod the catch to make it fit but since it’s not mine, I’m stuck. But with that mag, once it’s released it’s gonna be badass. So for now I’m back to AI polymer, Accurate Mag & MDT mag options. AI is probably the smoothest but many say the plastic doesn’t hold up and splits the mag.

The good, these past few days and tomorrow I’ve been demoing this conversion at a regional SWAT competition. Besides the desire to get a 223 conversion for a few of the departments that are lucky enough to have AI’s, it ran flawless. In the hands of someone other then shooting a rifle has no prior coaching on how to run a bolt, wether fast or slow, the conversion has run flawless. I swapped the conversion over to one of the guys AT with small pin. He shot 5rds of his 308, pulled the barrel & dropped the firing pin assembly, slapped on the 223 barrel, put his firing pin in the 223 bolt body, loaded the mag, 1st round impact, dialed in the correction, ready to rock & roll. The cool part when the lieutenant said, “you can get ALOT more trigger time if you shot 223 instead of 6.5”.

WSM/PRC is spun, working out kinks on extractor.

Prototype is on track to be delivered to a special someone for further testing and hopefully the blessing from a few individuals.

Overall things are moving in the right direction.

Oh goodness...?

Attachments

• BA5A107A-B234-496E-BD47-AEF00720BBC7.jpeg
    BA5A107A-B234-496E-BD47-AEF00720BBC7.jpeg
    781.1 KB · Views: 272
Kits ready to ship? ?
currently working with a CNC to ensure everything is perfect and matches the 3 prototypes we have. The 3 testers were done olde school, mill, lathe and files. In order for the kit to be able to get to people without a long wait time we need to come into the 21st century, but getting prints drawn out for CNC isn't exactly simple, and unfortunately cheap either. So that is whats holding up the kit production timeline.

I don't see why we couldn't get it to work. I would need to have an AXMC with a 308 conversion, but I am almost 100% sure we can. The 223 is here just because Gilbert told me no one had done it before and it would be neat. Let me find some one close with one and Ill take a look and we can start. We will keep you posted.

What's next? A .223 conversion for the AXMC ? ......hint, hint!
It could work, I don’t have a AXMC to try but the only downside is the longer area in front of the mag. Everything else should kinda line up, just that jump out of the mag.

If you have a chance measure the distance from the barrel tenon to the front of a 308 mag.

I think I remember seeing it, but can’t find it now. What’s the rough cost on the conversion? Might be in for a lefty or send you my rifle for RD.

Actually yes, that’s been thought of, just this weekend I picked up a 30cal barrel that’ll be used for testing 300wsm. 6.5prc is longer, might have issues out of a short mag unless you handload. Even then the 6.5prc does nothing a 6.5creed can’t do in a 27” barrel under handloads.
You can get 6.5 creed to 3000+ with 147 safely and not trash brass, tell me how. In all seriousness, I'd definitely be down for a prc/wsm bolt head for an at.

You can get 6.5 creed to 3000+ with 147 safely and not trash brass, tell me how. In all seriousness, I'd definitely be down for a prc/wsm bolt head for an at.
Now i didn’t say it wouldn’t be hard on brass, but with a longer barrel you can be real close to it. PRC factory ammo is stated at 2960fps. Most of the guys I know are pushing 140 at 2750-2820. I guess I didn’t see a huge benefit to push a 7gr heavier bullet 150fps faster. Especially in South Texas ?. Now that 300wsm...that booger is cooking at win mag speeds 180gr at 3000 ? or 150’s at 3300 ?.

None the less the WSM/PRC is 100% functional. Feeding is smooth, extraction is not a problem. Still have to figure out what mag is best. AX works but after round 3 or 4 the mag kinda wants to spit them out. Ordered a wsm mag from accurate mag to test out. Will keep y’all posted.

Reactions: brianf
Now i didn’t say it wouldn’t be hard on brass, but with a longer barrel you can be real close to it. PRC factory ammo is stated at 2960fps. Most of the guys I know are pushing 140 at 2750-2820. I guess I didn’t see a huge benefit to push a 7gr heavier bullet 150fps faster. Especially in South Texas ?. Now that 300wsm...that booger is cooking at win mag speeds 180gr at 3000 ? or 150’s at 3300 ?.

None the less the WSM/PRC is 100% functional. Feeding is smooth, extraction is not a problem. Still have to figure out what mag is best. AX works but after round 3 or 4 the mag kinda wants to spit them out. Ordered a wsm mag from accurate mag to test out. Will keep y’all posted.
Will your prc/wsm bolt work on AT rifles? Accurate 300wsm mags work great in my deadline 6.5prc, it has a similar bolt diameter to ai. I did have to alter mag latch on my aics stock.

Reactions: trophyhunter
Will your prc/wsm bolt work on AT rifles? Accurate 300wsm mags work great in my deadline 6.5prc, it has a similar bolt diameter to ai. I did have to alter mag latch on my aics stock.
Yes, it works in AT AX rifles

The way AICS mags sit in AT & AX requires a little bit of relief on the mag catch.

If you have a mag, insert it in your AT, run the bolt.
I tried, accurate 300 wsm would not lock in with bolt closed. The other snag is that the at has a ridge up the center of the feed ramp. That is hard on shoulders of brass. I wanted a 243ai barrel for my at, 243ai wont work in at mags but will in aics. One feed cycle really damaged brass on ridge, using centerfeed mags. The at mag, with possibly tweaked feedlips, is gonna be best option.

I tried, accurate 300 wsm would not lock in with bolt closed. The other snag is that the at has a ridge up the center of the feed ramp. That is hard on shoulders of brass

Yup, needs a little bit of relieving to clear the bolt body. Anything with a 40* shoulder tends to be tough on the edges. I run BRA currently and it nicks the brass if I run the bolt like a madman.

Didnt the 6.5prc work ok in at/ax mags? That seems like the easy button, even if feed lips need tweaked a little. I was close to ordering a 6.5prc ai prefit from pva 6.5labor day sale, but I'll wait till I have a bolthead in hand, lol.

Reactions: trophyhunter
180gr factory ammo going 3030fps
I know what I’m gonna take nilgai hunting this year?

What can this rifle not do ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 5DCBC0D6-59EA-4366-9733-21FC8BD7A347.jpeg
    5DCBC0D6-59EA-4366-9733-21FC8BD7A347.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 111
What exactly are we looking at ? Bolt head?
If you mean the 223 conversion, it’s a system, several key parts to ensure a 223 feeds & fires.

For the PRC/WSM it was a mod to the bolt head to allow short mag stuff to fit and then having to mod the extractor to not hit the lugs in the receiver and still go over the rim of the case to extract.

Trophy hunter, get to shooting more rds out of that wsm, you need to find out if its gtg, lol. Thanks again for the work you've done on both conversion kit prototypes. My old mk2 is ready, lol