• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International ASR Limited Edition Release for SHOT

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    IMG_1077.jpg

ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL ASR PRESS RELEASE.jpg

ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL ASR PRESS RELEASE.jpg

AI ASR panel lores.jpg

First there is a limited edition of 100 AX ASR systems which will be available by mid 2019, second, we have the AXSR which is a long action multi-caliber rifle available in the second half of 2019 and third the AICS version also available in the second half of 2019.

IMG_0697.jpg

So a changed the rear grip, trigger pack perhaps, rear stock, M-Lok, new safety and integrated a RRS foregrip. Weighs the same. Different, no doubt. Calibers essentially stayed the same minus the barrel (same bolt faces).

Queue the "my current AXMC is total trash now and completely outdated" posts.

Soon as I thought I didn't need another AX... Curious what the MSRP is on these bad boys.

The ASR kit was leaked online a couple weeks ago, it was $19,500.

One would assume the AXSR would be inline with (likely a bit more expensive than) the current AXMC price.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Edsel and MOUNTIC
    When I saw the leak originally, one of the things I couldn't figure out was how they had the aluminum grip area for the AR-style grip. The current rifles all have the trigger only able to be removed from the bottom, so the plastic skins coming off were a necessity. It makes sense now that it's a non-bonded action/chassis interface. I wonder if you have to remove all 5 action screws and take the action off the chassis to remove or adjust the trigger?

Reactions: AIAW
    So a changed the rear grip, trigger pack perhaps, rear stock, M-Lok, new safety and integrated a RRS foregrip. Weighs the same. Different, no doubt. Calibers essentially stayed the same minus the barrel (same bolt faces).

It's really odd that the ASR has the M-Lok forend, but the new AXSR will still have the legacy AI Key-Slot interface. Makes me wonder if their testing still showed the Key-Slot was stronger than M-Lok. I do hope they offer the new forend as a stand-alone upgrade for current AX owners, personally I don't really care one way or another if it's M-Lok or Key-Slot.

When I saw the leak originally, one of the things I couldn't figure out was how they had the aluminum grip area for the AR-style grip. The current rifles all have the trigger only able to be removed from the bottom, so the plastic skins coming off were a necessity. It makes sense now that it's a non-bonded action/chassis interface. I wonder if you have to remove all 5 action screws and take the action off the chassis to remove or adjust the trigger?

That's a good question. I just noticed that after you mentioned it.

Well.. hopefully we'll see some good deals on those old outdated AXMC rifles that are now obsolete... ;)

It's really odd that the ASR has the M-Lok forend, but the new AXSR will still have the legacy AI Key-Slot interface. Makes me wonder if their testing still showed the Key-Slot was stronger than M-Lok. I do hope they offer the new forend as a stand-alone upgrade for current AX owners, personally I don't really care one way or another if it's M-Lok or Key-Slot.

Exactly, me either. The torque load on either interface is way more sufficient than anything any user is going to subject it too. Technically I'd almost prefer a breakaway design (extremely high G shock) versus something that tweaks the entire fore-end tube due to extreme use. Whatever device was attached to it is going to probably suffer worse. That's just my thoughts though. Both zero and hold accuracy well.

Edit: Evidently M-Lok does have an edge. Never really researched it before. Does it truly matter? That's up to the user really.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/resources/m-lok-vs-keymod-testing.21/

Last edited:
    The MLok is a big plus! Hopefully I can snag a good deal on a used AX when someone upgrades

Reactions: SAMR
    Reactions: blbennett1288
    I suppose they have to do something with these since the US isn't going to buy them ;)

Dating the runner up in the Miss America competition is still a pretty good deal.

I suppose they have to do something with these since the US isn't going to buy them ;)

Dating the runner up in the Miss America competition is still a pretty good deal.

They really should get awarded the contract due to superb quality and simplicity. Plus since a vast majority of AI's production is in the US now. We will just have to see. I was surprised when the AI "PSR" didn't take it, along with the Sako M10 back then. Still sold like hot-cakes though, and rightfully so.

I mean really, when has AI made a bad product? Never. The Parker Hale bipod setup might not have been the best choice of all time back in the AW days, but it worked and options came along to remedy it. Accuracy has remained stellar throughout every generation. Ergonomics are in the eye of the beholder.

Definitely small firing pin. No short action version cause of it. MLOK for the AXSR will be add on stuff. But key slot may be the better option anyways. Non bonded action like the AX50’s

A bit of a different angle, wish I was there to try it out!
    View attachment 7009666

This photo has everything going for it.... New AX, New TB bipod... and then... splat.. a Leupold had to be bolted on to the rifle.:p

Curious how that safety works. Assuming its easier than it looks to manipulate. Bolt handle seems to be right over the thing.

Mile High has a couple hi-res pics. It appears that there are 4 action screws surrounding the recoil lug area, I'm guessing the 5th is in the rear tang area.

1548194526567.png

1548194742554.png

Reactions: blbennett1288
    This photo has everything going for it.... New AX, New TB bipod... and then... splat.. a Leupold had to be bolted on to the rifle.:p

Curious how that safety works. Assuming its easier than it looks to manipulate. Bolt handle seems to be right over the thing.

LOL! I'm guessing you haven't used a Mk 5 yet. They're actually a pretty good scope.

LowLight ..... or anybody at SHOT,

Thank you for posting AI release memo and info/pics.
    Very interesting.

Know you are all very busy and hope you are enjoying the show.
    Just curious...
    1) Are the barrels for the new ASR/AXSR interchangeable with the long action PSR/AXMC ?
    2) The new safety is interesting and appears to mirror the newer AX50. I am (humbly) assuming that since the older PSR/AXMC bolt bodies have the safety incorporated into them---they are not interchangeable with the new ASR/AXSR. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Overall, it looks insanely awesome.
    If the new ASR (PSR 2.0) solicitation has not been decided yet, it would be righteous if selected for the warfighter.

Sincerely, thank you again.

Is there a specific rationale why AI went with action screws on this vs bonding the action to the chassis and forgetting about it?

I thought that was the next step forward.

Is there a specific rationale why AI went with action screws on this vs bonding the action to the chassis and forgetting about it?

I thought that was the next step forward.

Next step... more like old school as it first started ages ago in target shooting.

Was talking to Scott for quite some time. And got to really play with it at the Mile High booth. Yeah, I’m staying on the list....... yes. The MC and these barrels are interchangeable as well as the bolt body. They’re going to a thicker contour though from now on

B59B3855-FCF7-407C-A84F-CFA0265E6DF0.jpeg

07A33441-51C6-4BB7-8C6E-B6E459DF0251.jpeg

7BF31900-253A-427A-AD8C-CB721A1EB201.jpeg

AT with AX butt stock sold together only for LE

@NoLegs24 thanks for the pics and info! That AXSR-AICS looks legit.

In your time playing with the ASR, did you notice that the bolt felt or cycled smoother? It's in the press release, just wondering what that really means and if it was apparent right away that it felt better.

@NoLegs24 thanks for the pics and info! That AXSR-AICS looks legit.

In your time playing with the ASR, did you notice that the bolt felt or cycled smoother? It's in the press release, just wondering what that really means and if it was apparent right away that it felt better.

Dude, I couldn’t really tell a difference. Only because In order for me to catch that, I would have to be in the prone, bipod with a rear bag. Then I can actually give back a better feedback. Cycling it at port arms isn’t the cleanest lol.

The safety is a sweet design too like in the AX50. They also used the exhaust port on the action and I believe the bolt as well. The new butt stock with those levers kick ass.

I will say, the skins not being there, for those that like to have the thumb over grip, feels so much better. It rests better, than twisting your wrist to kick it out some. I don’t think you’ll need to add an MPA/ ACC grip on here.

Curious if you pieced this kit together what the cost would be...

10,000? rifle with one barrel, bolt, mag
    1900 for the extra two barrels
    2800 For the extra two bolts
    1,500 for the extra 14 mags
    450 for (3) TB muzzle devices
    $16,650 total for all that roughly... ?

And then the hard and soft cases, sling, cleaning rod and fix it stix, to me don't total up another 3 grand. I could see if it included the new TB 338 can in the price where it would be right on par for the money as a package at full retail for everything. What am I missing? Genuinely curious.

Reactions: reximus
    Curious if you pieced this kit together what the cost would be...

10,000? rifle with one barrel, bolt, mag
    1900 for the extra two barrels
    2800 For the extra two bolts
    1,500 for the extra 14 mags
    450 for (3) TB muzzle devices
    $16,650 total for all that roughly... ?

And then the hard and soft cases, sling, cleaning rod and fix it stix, to me don't total up another 3 grand. I could see if it included the new TB 338 can in the price where it would be right on par for the money as a package at full retail for everything. What am I missing? Genuinely curious.

It's an exclusive limited edition rifle just like the PSR. It's as simple as that.