• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Somewhat of a thread drift but your tripod placement has spurred a thought regarding the AX/ASR chassis.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the lump in from of the mag well is for on the AX series of rifles?
It made sense as a hand hold on the original AX rifle but seems to be an odd 'feature' to still have, unless there is an purpose for it I'm not seeing.

Seems to me like the ATX would be far nicer to shoot of a tripod than the AX/AXSR due to the considerably lower centre of gravity.

Somewhat of a thread drift but your tripod placement has spurred a thought regarding the AX/ASR chassis.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the lump in from of the mag well is for on the AX series of rifles?
It made sense as a hand hold on the original AX rifle but seems to be an odd 'feature' to still have, unless there is an purpose for it I'm not seeing.

Seems to me like the ATX would be far nicer to shoot of a tripod than the AX/AXSR due to the considerably lower centre of gravity.
I agree, but I think the ATX barreled receiver also sits lower in the chassis as well, and may be one of the problem in just removing that section forward of the mag well on the AX (I mean if you could mill it off for example).

The ax has the bump as that's how the enclosed forend mounts, it's wedged into it with 2 screws from the bottom.

It's where you place your support hand when you hip fire the rifle.

Attachments

• 2S5.gif
    2S5.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 69
The ax has the bump as that's how the enclosed forend mounts, it's wedged into it with 2 screws from the bottom.
Cheers, that makes sense.
Thinking about it all chassis that have an enclosed forend don't have a completely flat underside, like the MDT ESS vs ACC.

Fred, could you comment on the MDT gen 2 vertical grip vs the ERGO grip?

View attachment 7714925
I like vertical grips better - even on my AR's, I just find I get a better hand position and control the trigger better with a fatter vertical grip instead of a slanted AR15 style grip (like the Ergo on the ATX). I didn't spend any time trying shooting the Ergo, since all my other chassis have vertical grip though...

anyone know of a keyslot flush cups that don't include extra rail so I can attach a flush cup sling to the handguard?
Courtesy of our own Sam B !

Going to be miragy... I decided Hawkhill marksman contour in all steel to make weight...
The Proof is a 6 Creedmoor that's slated for antelope hunting. Wouldn't qualify for NRL Hunter.
What length did you go with for your Marksman and what weight did it come in at??

The Proof is a 6 Creedmoor that's slated for antelope hunting. Wouldn't qualify for NRL Hunter.
What length did you go with for your Marksman and what weight did it come in at??
I decided on 24" and it is actually Heavy Palma, but not 100% sure on the weight, haven't received it yet :). Its hard to figure out everything in advance in terms of the weight... I double checked after I posted :)

Has there been any word when the AXSR rear stock will be released for the AT-X? Hopefully they will selling the AT-X with the AXSR stock as a complete package, really don’t need the non folder piece laying around.
Pretty sure they are just gonna sell ya a hinge to make the current atx stock fold.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Like it so far! Still need to dig out my muzzle brake and throw it on.

Couple observations.

1) I’ll be putting the MDT vertical grip on. Don’t love this one.

2) I’ll need to get higher scope rings. With the cheek rest bottomed out my eye is higher than I’d like. (Edit: my Spuhr model is 4001 so 1.181”)

3) Magazine well is awesome! Super fast.

4) Sawtooth weights were great fit and finish.

5) It just looks plain evil.
9FE5B93F-136A-4D2C-A92C-92FE3F9131C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Couple observations.

2) I’ll need to get higher scope rings. With the cheek rest bottomed out my eye is higher than I’d like.

Thanks, good info.

Couple observations.

2) I’ll need to get higher scope rings. With the cheek rest bottomed out my eye is higher than I’d like.

Couple observations.

What height Spuhr is that mate? I’m probably going to put same scope on mine if ever comes ( colour black & in Australia) Do you plan on putting forend rail on top? Not sure if 1.35” or 1.5” be needed? Cheers