• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Man I thought you guys would give me shit for my shooting, not the fact I was too lazy to mount my can...

(What can I say, i was kinda excited to get to the range...)

I was going to but im tired today....

Calling bs on that can though.....

All puckered out playing with your dog!

Na wasn't the two huskers today...it was the 4 children..........

Sad they don't have hardly any snow yet... One on the left got diagnosed with lower back arthritis so he may be done pulling sadly
20211002_155045.jpg

ES ordered in early Feb in hand today from MH
They installed the bridge for me before sending it... That's one way to make sure the screws are in there lol

Now have any of you just removed the stock rail section and used the contour of the stock to ride a bag?...
I'm curious if that entire butt plate assembly can be moved up and left high...

ES ordered in early Feb in hand today from MH
They installed the bridge for me before sending it... That's one way to make sure the screws are in there lol

Now have any of you just removed the stock rail section and used the contour of the stock to ride a bag?...
I'm curious if that entire butt plate assembly can be moved up and left high...
The rail is part of stock

Anyone know which of the Hoptic saddle blankets fits the ATX? Assuming it’s the same as AXSR.

Little at-x action this morning. Getting a few more rounds through the new 6.5x47 barrel so it’s ready for nrl hunter then I’ll switch back to 6gt for awhile. The recoil impulse of this gun off barricades is hard to explain but it’s nice. Easy to keep the target in the scope even at 17# with 144’s and an ultra5

Attachments

• D3D848BA-60D7-48D3-91A4-6F708FB754FC.jpeg
    D3D848BA-60D7-48D3-91A4-6F708FB754FC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
Those ckyepods are heavy and the cans usually carry 1/4lb of carbon in them.

Someone needs to come out with a magnesium AX buttstock.....
I have the new lightweight Ckye pod on there and that saves 5 ounces over the standard but with the mdt elite grip it ate up the 5oz savings of the bipod LOL. Other than the fact I really like the mdt grip I could put a MK machine grip on and get to 16# as well. Luckily I have a few options for making weight.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I have the new lightweight Ckye pod on there and that saves 5 ounces over the standard but with the mdt elite grip it ate up the 5oz savings of the bipod LOL. Other than the fact I really like the mdt grip I could put a MK machine grip on and get to 16# as well. Luckily I have a few options for making weight.
Can you lock out pan on the new lightweight bipods?

I don't think my phone was able to pick up the pings - but I finally got the AT-X out, sighted her in and rang steel at 1000 yards as the Colorado sun set! I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about!
One thing I noticed; the AT-X seemed a little bit louder than my RPR, same ammo, same suppressor.
Not a big deal as I have a Hyperon soon to be in hand, and Mile High is holding a Dominus for me, and I'm about to do an E-file for a KGM R30XL!
One of those cans is going to be a mate for the AT-X!

I don't think my phone was able to pick up the pings - but I finally got the AT-X out, sighted her in and rang steel at 1000 yards as the Colorado sun set! I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about!
One thing I noticed; the AT-X seemed a little bit louder than my RPR, same ammo, same suppressor.
Not a big deal as I have a Hyperon soon to be in hand, and Mile High is holding a Dominus for me, and I'm about to do an E-file for a KGM R30XL!

Got the video flipped about to give me a heart attack thinking lefty versions are out there some how.

Yeah, the selfie camera flips the video - I literally had to wedge the cell phone between my tripod and binoculars since I was shooting alone that day. I don't really have a video rig I bring with me...I'm not that exciting to watch...

Got the video flipped about to give me a heart attack thinking lefty versions are out there some how.
So, that said - If there is such a thing as a Left Handed AT/AX action, I'm 95% sure the AT-X chassis can be notched for the left handed lever.

I generally keep track of overall ground count from my reloading supply, namely primers because I’ll set out bricks of primers specific for each rifle/barrel so when a brick is used I’m at 1000. I keep a notebook and range book with loading data, seating depth, jump, speeds, round counts and group size every few hundred rounds mainly just to check to see if things are the same. I definitely don’t keep a log per day per round, probably should but just don’t have time
Same here. It's a good compromise between being anal retentive about round count, and being lazy (which I am).

Yes there are left handed model actions and Dave walls has a left handed at-x him self.
There are a couple of AT-X specials with left hand AT actions and bolts mounted on the current AT-X chassis.
Left hand AT-X rifles are not available at this time.
We will redesign the chassis to accommodate the magazine on the opposite side in line with a true left hand rifle.
This will be done after we complete other AT-X projects and will be later in 2022
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Hmmm that range looks very familiar 🤔

Bastards and your ranges. Still waiting on my bipod/clamp to show as well as get off my ass and mount my brake/can mount so @Huskydriver doesn't take me for some primitive.

Not sure which trigger is installed in mine btw, but its light as hell (not necessarily a bad thing!). Of course, I only use lawyer triggers on rifles, so take grain of salt. Reminds me of the first time I shot a Shadow2. It felt disgusting at first: now anything over 3 lbs feels "stiff"

Edit: Round count done by reloading book.

Bastards and your ranges. Still waiting on my bipod/clamp to show as well as get off my ass and mount my brake/can mount so @Huskydriver doesn't take me for some primitive.

Not sure which trigger is installed in mine btw, but its light as hell (not necessarily a bad thing!). Of course, I only use lawyer triggers on rifles, so take grain of salt. Reminds me of the first time I shot a Shadow2. It felt disgusting at first: now anything over 3 lbs feels "stiff"

Edit: Round count done by reloading book.
kramer-seinfeld.gif

If anyone need barrel protectors for stowing extra barrels or even a bag rider hit up @pfl338 he 3D prints them did a great job.

Attachments

• 27DF9FB4-5220-47C8-A164-A42C684BA8BB.jpeg
    27DF9FB4-5220-47C8-A164-A42C684BA8BB.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 56CBB050-BF48-4133-9915-7AB35D5714D9.jpeg
    56CBB050-BF48-4133-9915-7AB35D5714D9.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 187
I have a question, perhaps someone who know's these guns can answer. I have a pre 2013 AIAX with a 308 barrel. It's not shooting as good as it used too, not bad, but not super crazy accurate like before. I looked down the bore with a scope and found some cracking and rust near the middle, a little infuriating as it's probably my fault for letting some moisture get in there. So here is the question, will this barrel in the link below work for my rifle.

Thanks

I have a question, perhaps someone who know's these guns can answer. I have a pre 2013 AIAX with a 308 barrel. It's not shooting as good as it used too, not bad, but not super crazy accurate like before. I looked down the bore with a scope and found some cracking and rust near the middle, a little infuriating as it's probably my fault for letting some moisture get in there. So here is the question, will this barrel in the link below work for my rifle.

Thanks
That barrel will work if you’re looking to stick with .308. You could also try to find a take-off barrel if you wanted to save some money.

That said your current barrel may just need a good scrub.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
That barrel will work if you’re looking to stick with .308. You could also try to find a take-off barrel if you wanted to save some money.

That said your current barrel may just need a good scrub.
Man that's some great advice. I am gonna look around. It still shoots nice but it used to shoot through the same hole, literally. I would go to another caliber but I have a bunch of 6.5 guns already, think im gonna keep this a 308.

So…..I ordered a bunch of thumb screws and these seem to work great. They’re silver but I may spray them with some black krylon. Got them off Amazon. They’re M4x20 if anybody else is interested. I tried a few with the black plastic knobs but the knobs were all too wide and wouldn’t fit. These work pretty well.

****EDIT***

Here is the link.

1639872575148.jpeg

1639872594007.jpeg

1639872633306.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Darkside-Six!

Edited:
Found some stainless with black plastic heads using your measurement dude. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkside-Six
I know this has probably been discussed forgive me, but will an MTU contour barrel fit in the AT-X with the full forend bridge without any contact when I fire the rifle? I am having a benchmark barrel spun up and was curious if I could fit a Benchmark MTU+.

Reactions: Eastern hunter
I know this has probably been discussed forgive me, but will an MTU contour barrel fit in the AT-X with the full forend bridge without any contact when I fire the rifle? I am having a benchmark barrel spun up and was curious if I could fit a Benchmark MTU+.
Mtu is smaller than what comes on it. I have a benchmark in mtu and a VCC. VCC is much bigger. You could run a straight 1.2 on that gun. First pic on tripod is VCC and second is mtu.

Attachments

• 2ECE9734-B194-4A87-8AD3-17DC4E4CE73B.jpeg
    2ECE9734-B194-4A87-8AD3-17DC4E4CE73B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 184
  • 10F290A9-4DD0-49CA-94E1-23AC399D0722.jpeg
    10F290A9-4DD0-49CA-94E1-23AC399D0722.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 179
With the bridge installed a barrel of 1.250" diameter will fit with clearance. That being said, you will find you don't need an 8+ lb barrel to balance the rifle and stay on target through the recoil cycle. The weight system is a much better approach to tuning the rifle.

With the bridge installed a barrel of 1.250" diameter will fit with clearance. That being said, you will find you don't need an 8+ lb barrel to balance the rifle and stay on target through the recoil cycle. The weight system is a much better approach to tuning the rifle.
Yes the barrel starts at 1.2 and the full hand guard starts at the action so yes it has to clear.

How long is the fore end? In other words, what is the shortest barrel you can run that will clear the front hand guard? I ordered a 20" proof and am hoping it will fit. My AXSR that I recently sold had a 20" WM from AI, so I am guessing the AT-X will be similar?

How long is the fore end? In other words, what is the shortest barrel you can run that will clear the front hand guard? I ordered a 20" proof and am hoping it will fit. My AXSR that I recently sold had a 20" WM from AI, so I am guessing the AT-X will be similar?
They say it’s a 17inch forend so 18 is gana be shortest.

Reactions: jimsair and Surly
Post 1584, page 32 shows the AT-X with an 18” barrel.

Reactions: Surly