• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Just picked mine up from my gunsmith. It appears to be having the same issue. Bolt slides over the mag and there is some play in the mag. Will have to wait to see if I have any feeding issues until I can get out tomorrow and shoot. Being that k just had a custom cerakote job done though I’ll just have them send me a shim I guess.

Last edited:
Its dangerous to think every mass produced item will be museum grade copy, Iconic the brand or model etc, notwithstanding...(y)
It is dangerous to assume that a $6000 rifle from one of the biggest names in the history of modern precision bolt guns will function as intended. I do agree with that, based on evidence presented.

Mine has the same issue, for what it’s worth. Works fine with 308 but won’t reliably feed 6 Creed.

My user manual says AI fired 10 rounds to test function and accuracy.

I think we will all agree that either that claim is questionable or there is some seriously sloppy work being done if rifles like mine leave the factory in that state. I don’t understand how they could have cycled 10 rounds and found no issue and yet there are rifles out there with feed issues.

I'm not the kind of guy to pile on without reason. I think AI forgot how to make rifles you could trust in a real world setting. My last AI could not have received any sort of QC whatsoever in the assembly process, and there is ZERO chance anyone fired it.

AI management to the QC department:

iu

AI support team when you let them know "It doesn't look like the QC department had a go with this one:"

iu

My last gun-company fan-boi behavior died...when I get a gun from someone that has some esoteric and hard to measure thing wrong with it I can live with it needing some work . Something like "after a 400 round mag dump the piston gets a little sticky" or "we did a sand test..."

When any idiot could see it was massively fucked up....thats a mark on the chalk board.

AI - I love you but it’s time for couples counseling. I recommend randomly sending a QC guy to Ukraine to fight the Russians with a rifle they signed off on. Maybe once a week or so.

As for the AT-X shim thing - I would be flaming pissed off if I had paid a $3000 “It’s an AI” tax for a rifle system and the company that made the chassis that was fucked up decided to JB weld a hand filed shim in there to “make it right.”.

An AR10 lower costs $100 to manufacture from 7075 billet. Including anodizing. The core part of the AT-X chassis is similar in design feature composition and machine time. AI JB welded a hand filed piece of metal into your $6000 precision rifle to avoid eating $100.

My user manual says AI fired 10 rounds to test function and accuracy.

I think we will all agree that either that claim is questionable or there is some seriously sloppy work being done if rifles like mine leave the factory in that state. I don’t understand how they could have cycled 10 rounds and found no issue and yet there are rifles out there with feed issues.
Timo, ET AL:

This isn't a problem with U.S. rifles. We are manufacturing these guns both in the UK and the US. The unfortunate effect of posting this here is now everyone will assume all AT-Xs are afflicted with this issue. As I communicated on a PM, AI will absolutely correct this issue. This "fix" by the UK service center is effective but an interim measure.

-Scott

Not beating a dead horse and patiently waiting for the actual AI fix to come out as Scott talks about. Just adding my info so we can keep track. I have a 1st batch (Nov 2021) rifle. The factory mag exhibits this same issue as shown above with both 6.5 and 6 creed as well as 6GT. I do have two other AX mags that feed perfect. Run them in two different matches now without issue. Almost makes me think its a mag issue but i'll let AI figure that one out and just use my AX mags in the mean time.

Timo, ET AL:

This isn't a problem with U.S. rifles. We are manufacturing these guns both in the UK and the US. The unfortunate effect of posting this here is now everyone will assume all AT-Xs are afflicted with this issue. As I communicated on a PM, AI will absolutely correct this issue. This "fix" by the UK service center is effective but an interim measure.

-Scott
Got to love fast customer service like that. ! And the quality fix assurance !

Not beating a dead horse and patiently waiting for the actual AI fix to come out as Scott talks about. Just adding my info so we can keep track. I have a 1st batch (Nov 2021) rifle. The factory mag exhibits this same issue as shown above with both 6.5 and 6 creed as well as 6GT. I do have two other AX mags that feed perfect. Run them in two different matches now without issue. Almost makes me think its a mag issue but i'll let AI figure that one out and just use my AX mags in the mean time.
Assume you are US, so this contradicts Scott's statement, I need to check mine later.

I assumed that was a competition mod to allow single feeds from a 2 round quiver without having to push into the mag.

I'm not the kind of guy to pile on without reason. I think AI forgot how to make rifles you could trust in a real world setting. My last AI could not have received any sort of QC whatsoever in the assembly process, and there is ZERO chance anyone fired it.

AI management to the QC department:

iu

AI support team when you let them know "It doesn't look like the QC department had a go with this one:"

iu

My last gun-company fan-boi behavior died...when I get a gun from someone that has some esoteric and hard to measure thing wrong with it I can live with it needing some work . Something like "after a 400 round mag dump the piston gets a little sticky" or "we did a sand test..."

When any idiot could see it was massively fucked up....thats a mark on the chalk board.

AI - I love you but it’s time for couples counseling. I recommend randomly sending a QC guy to Ukraine to fight the Russians with a rifle they signed off on. Maybe once a week or so.

As for the AT-X shim thing - I would be flaming pissed off if I had paid a $3000 “It’s an AI” tax for a rifle system and the company that made the chassis that was fucked up decided to JB weld a hand filed shim in there to “make it right.”.

An AR10 lower costs $100 to manufacture from 7075 billet. Including anodizing. The core part of the AT-X chassis is similar in design feature composition and machine time. AI JB welded a hand filed piece of metal into your $6000 precision rifle to avoid eating $100.
540-368-3108
[email protected]

I don't ever recall speaking to you about issues with your AI rifle(s). I'm not hard to reach. We have a very small service area and vault at work dedicated to servicing and repairing AI rifles. This is a very small activity at AINA and we typically get issues corrected quickly.

I'm waiting to year from you.

-Scott

Timo, ET AL:

-Scott
Scott,

Appreciate the response and not trying to pour gasoline on the fire but yes the problem is happening to US rifles as well. I have one that was one of the first batches hit back in November. Been with my gunsmith since beginning of the year and just got back today. The exact same issue as what Timo put in his videos. Bolt slides right over magazine and will not camber unless the bottom of the magazine is pressed up. Tried it with 308, 6.5CM, and 6GT with the same issues across all three.

I can post a video if you’d like to see but it’s the exact same as his so really no need.

I’m sure, as you said, AI is working to fix this issue but in the mean time, how can we remedy this? Are the “shims” available for those of us in the U.S.?

There is no way I would remotely feel confident in taking this to a match as it sits which is very discouraging.

Thanks.

Look, obviously there’s a lot of dudes upset about this. I don’t wanna make it any worse than it is but like some others have said to me in private, getting it out here like this for the public to see will hopefully help this shit get fixed.

Scott,

Appreciate the response and not trying to pour gasoline on the fire but yes the problem is happening to US rifles as well. I have one that was one of the first batches hit back in November. Been with my gunsmith since beginning of the year and just got back today. The exact same issue as what Timo put in his videos. Bolt slides right over magazine and will not camber unless the bottom of the magazine is pressed up. Tried it with 308, 6.5CM, and 6GT with the same issues across all three.

I can post a video if you’d like to see but it’s the exact same as his so really no need.

I’m sure, as you said, AI is working to fix this issue but in the mean time, how can we remedy this? Are the “shims” available for those of us in the U.S.?

There is no way I would remotely feel confident in taking this to a match as it sits which is very discouraging.

Thanks.
Have you contacted us about this?

Again,
540-368-3108
[email protected]

And I quite sure it isn't the same issue. Whatever it is we will take care of it but you do need to contact AINA.

-Scott

Does the delay of the 2nd Gens have anything to do with this shim issue? Working out a fix for it? Fixing the chassis? Just curious....

Reactions: deersniper
I dmed Scott and he provided a great and well thought out response re: all this shit but the big takeaway is that they’ll take care of it.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Does the delay of the 2nd Gens have anything to do with this shim issue? Working out a fix for it? Fixing the chassis? Just curious....
Let me make this perfectly clear. There is NO shim "issue". If you bought your gun in the US or Australia and the receiver is engraved with Accuracy International of North America, you don't have an issue remotely like Timo's. You may a difficult magazine and that is really easy to address, but you WILL absolutely need to call AINA.

I will also add that me and the Team AI shooters are using the exact same rifles that we are selling and if there were systemic issues we would be in a position to know about them well before shipping hundreds of rifles.

-Scott

Let me make this perfectly clear. There is NO shim "issue". If you bought your gun in the US or Australia and the receiver is engraved with Accuracy International of North America, you don't have an issue remotely like Timo's. You may a difficult magazine and that is really easy to address, but you WILL absolutely need to call AINA.

I will also add that me and the Team AI shooters are using the exact same rifles that we are selling and if there were systemic issues we would be in a position to know about them well before shipping hundreds of rifles.

-Scott
Thank you for the response. And thank you for letting us know the 2nd Gens are shipping.

Scott,

Thanks.
Confirmed on mine, US first batch from mile high. 2 AX magazines, 1 AW bolt slides over all three.

Back pops up like the videos above when pressure applied to bottom in the back.

Will follow for official response.

Confirmed on mine, US first batch from mile high. 2 AX magazines, 1 AW bolt slides over all three.

Apparently they changed some things with the AT-X so the bolt isn’t supposed to stop on empty mag and IS supposed to ride over the magazine. However it’s still not picking up rounds every pass. I’ve spoken to Scott Via DM and will be calling him like he asked. However several people have reach out to me via DM with the same issue and those that have made their own shims have no problems now. Guess we’ll find out Monday.

I believe he said anyone with issue should call.

I’m calling Monday. I’m pretty confident they will square me away.

-Scott
Scott,

Im in Australia and have my AT-X. It doesn't have AI North America engraved on it. It does have the bolt ride over issue as do at least 2 others I know of down here. Does this mean ours haven't been made by AI NA and are UK delivered?

Further; Does anyone have the dimensions of the shim. Ill make one myself tomorrow to get me going until and official fix is proven by AI.

I'll also be calling Danny at Delta Tactical tomorrow as well to see what they know.

Cheers,

Craig

Scott,

Im in Australia and have my AT-X. It doesn't have AI North America engraved on it. It does have the bolt ride over issue as do at least 2 others I know of down here. Does this mean ours haven't been made by AI NA and are UK delivered?

Further; Does anyone have the dimensions of the shim. Ill make one myself tomorrow to get me going until and official fix is proven by AI.

I'll also be calling Danny at Delta Tactical tomorrow as well to see what they know.

Cheers,

Craig
Hey mate, Aussie also, still eagerly awaiting my black AT-X…. Been dieing for it, but, all of a sudden the shine is wearing off after hearing all this. I didn’t see it but boys were talking couple weeks ago about rounds falling out everywhere etc at our PRS comp with the ATX. Rifle looked amazing in person. Probably stick with the 223 for while by looks of it. Hopefully Danny does have a solution…. All he needs with all us on his back the last year….. where are our rifles hahaha poor bugger!!

• Haha
Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
Hey mate, Aussie also, still eagerly awaiting my black AT-X…. Been dieing for it, but, all of a sudden the shine is wearing off after hearing all this. I didn’t see it but boys were talking couple weeks ago about rounds falling out everywhere etc at our PRS comp with the ATX. Rifle looked amazing in person. Probably stick with the 223 for while by looks of it. Hopefully Danny does have a solution…. All he needs with all us on his back the last year….. where are our rifles hahaha poor bugger!!
This is my 3rd AI mate. I had an AX and now an AXSR and the AT-X. The AX and AXSR are awesome. The AT-X shoots extremely well too. It just needs a fix. Early adopters. By the time a black one gets to us down here im sure all will be sorted mate. I wouldn't hesitate to keep my order in

Reactions: Heffo
This is my 3rd AI mate. I had an AX and now an AXSR and the AT-X. The AX and AXSR are awesome. The AT-X shoots extremely well too. It just needs a fix. Early adopters. By the time a black one gets to us down here im sure all will be sorted mate. I wouldn't hesitate to keep my order in
Cheers mate hahaha probably true! Definitely be keeping the order as is my first AI and really looking forward to it. Have every accessory ready to rumble so all I need is the rifle….I’m sure will be worth the wait. 🤙🏼🤙🏼

540-368-3108
[email protected]

I don't ever recall speaking to you about issues with your AI rifle(s). I'm not hard to reach. We have a very small service area and vault at work dedicated to servicing and repairing AI rifles. This is a very small activity at AINA and we typically get issues corrected quickly.

I'm waiting to year from you.

-Scott
I’m gonna hit you up about another question.

To everyone else with the magazine issues I also rarely have a problem but it’s consistent enough I have found a work around. If I seat my first round (doesn’t matter how many in the magazine) in the far back of the magazine, the bolt won’t pick it up about 1/10 times, every other round can be all the way back and it doesn’t seem to matter but the first round can’t be. So I just load my magazines with 1/16”-1/8” of space in the back of the magazine from the round and I’ll never have an issue. I’ve got around (800) rounds of .308 Win and (750) rounds of 6mm Creed and it’s the same on either. My immediate action is simple and exactly the opposite of a feeding issue with AICS mags, I stick a finger in the ejection port and slide the round forward in the magazine and run the bolt, 100% fix. Think it only did it once in my last 2-day match because I dropped my magazine and it seated all the rounds in the far back of the Mag while on the clock. Moving forward I’d love to see either a fix to that issue, and/or a 12 round magazine for matches. I basically live off stuffing 11 rounds in the (10) round AW Mag and using my hoptic quiver on the side for single feeds but a 12 round Mag would be worth it’s weight in gold

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Wow ! How recurrent is this feeding issue? Most first batch? I have an order in the UK…i don’t want to pay that much and end up with a similar case….
Can i ask them to specifically check this before sending it?

6gt and AX mags
Ok. I did find that the AW mags feed way better than the AX. I had 2 brand new mags and one was an AW. Originally tried it with the AX not thinking there was a difference but after trying the AW I could see there was. Also with 6GT. Still gonna call tomorrow and talk to them though cause definitely not 100% confident with these

BTW Scott is extremely responsive. My only issue/non-issue was the expectation that the follower was expected to stop the bolt. In my mind if that wasn't happening, similarly you would expect the round pickup could be too low as well. My understanding now is the bolt being stopped by the follower is not a design expectation. I prefer this for matches where a ≥12 stage and feed from my 2 round quiver is more efficient than a mag change.

That said not sure this is much different than the tuning of mags needed for my MPA for any round other than 308.

I guess build if you have time and skills. For me the easy button is Gladiator Benches. They have a 6’ and 8’ I believe. I have one of each and they work great. Not cheap though.

Ok. I did find that the AW mags feed way better than the AX. I had 2 brand new mags and one was an AW. Originally tried it with the AX not thinking there was a difference but after trying the AW I could see there was. Also with 6GT. Still gonna call tomorrow and talk to them though cause definitely not 100% confident with these

Considering there are two supported areas on an AX, it’s quite possible it takes less variation/error for the mag to have issues.

So, if there’s some mags or a batch of AX that’s not perfect, I could easily see it causing the issues.

Regardless, AI is responding and I’m sure I’ll square us away.