• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Are the comp trigger failures frequent enough to justify buying a spare?

Got everything put back together mostly right after Cerakoting :oops:
PXL_20230126_011258306.jpg

(spot what parts are assembled wrong if your good.)

Good guess, the quick adjustment levers on the SR stock were all on wrong. Here's how they are supposed to go if anyone else is ever trying to figure out how they are supposed to go back together. View attachment 8058131View attachment 8058132
That camo is sick AF. Just a hybrid multi cam standard/black? I have another atx700 chassis coming in black, might have to copy that.

Reactions: kthomas
That camo is sick AF. Just a hybrid multi cam standard/black? I have another atx700 chassis coming in black, might have to copy that.
It's a 3-color camo. not really a MC but it does look a lot like MC Black fabrics. I think multicam patterns are typically 4 colors and the base coats are faded. The cerakoted colors used are Graphite Black, Sig Gray, Noveske Bazooka Green. GCP did the work and they did a great job quickly.

It's a 3-color camo. not really a MC but it does look a lot like MC Black fabrics. I think multicam patterns are typically 4 colors and the base coats are faded. The cerakoted colors used are Graphite Black, Sig Gray, Noveske Bazooka Green. GCP did the work and they did a great job quickly.
Thanks, that's a great looking rifle. Wish the atx chassis just came with axsr rear section, I'd gladly paid the premium.

So have the infamous bolt-over-round issues been resolved in the latest versions being delivered ?

I seriously want an AT-X but was scared off after the initial problems popped up. I'm seriously considering an Impact or TL3 in the AICS AT-X , but if these things are running smooth I'd rather go full factory.
Any thoughts?

I haven’t had a feed issue after I got my mag back from ai. I have another 3 and I’m running Hrd spacers for a 6br.

So have the infamous bolt-over-round issues been resolved in the latest versions being delivered ?

I seriously want an AT-X but was scared off after the initial problems popped up. I'm seriously considering an Impact or TL3 in the AICS AT-X , but if these things are running smooth I'd rather go full factory.
Any thoughts?
It’s a simple mag adjustment that AI will do free of charge if you have an issue. I don’t own an ATX rifle, just the chassis, but have owned an AX for years. One of my AX mags had the issue. AI fixed the mag. It’s not an ATX issue, just a batch of mags. Buy the rifle, you won’t regret it.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I have 6 mags and have had feed issues. 3 are setup for 6 Dasher with HRD spacers and 3 are without spacers. I wouldn't be scared off by the feed issues if you want the AI. If you get mags out of spec AI will fix them.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
This is how small it packs.

This is a pelican 1615 Air.
How long does it take you to properly assemble/disassemble the rifle once at destination?

Something you wait to assemble (then zero) at the match? or assemble in the hotel then put in fabric gun holder down to vehicle and show up to match rifle assembled ready to zero? And do you disassemble it at the end of the match too or do that at hotel?

Ive also been looking at the 1615air case and my idea was to just use [folded hinge + no scope + no barrel] chassis (~28.1") - put in 29.6" stated internal dimension of 1615air, was there some unforeseen fitment issue with this way or you just prefer the total takedown version?

Thanks

Ive come across the 223 bolt conversion for ATX being done by bugholes (I think?). Does bugholes (or whoever) also do a 6.5PRC bolt perchance?! MHSA selling some 6.5PRC barrels for ATX lol but no 6.5PRC bolts avail to my knowledge. Pretty sure @tomirwin said 6.5PRC ATX is essentially a pipe dream at this point (which sucks because that was a big selling point for me when I scooped mine up).

Please enlighten me.

• Haha
Reactions: trophyhunter
Ive come across the 223 bolt conversion for ATX being done by bugholes (I think?). Does bugholes (or whoever) also do a 6.5PRC bolt perchance?! MHSA selling some 6.5PRC barrels for ATX lol but no 6.5PRC bolts avail to my knowledge. Pretty sure @tomirwin said 6.5PRC ATX is essentially a pipe dream at this point (which sucks because that was a big selling point for me when I scooped mine up).

Please enlighten me.

It's been on the horizon for years from AI. However
@trophyhunter will convert a bolt to magnum for you. I've been waiting to see some pop up back in stock to get one done.

Reactions: trophyhunter
How well suited is 300wsm vs say a 7SAUM in the short action? I'm guessing you are limited to 190ish gr bullets?
Now you’re asking personal questions.

The downfall to short magnums is the length restriction of the magazine. Just recently I ventured into a wildcat, 338/300wsm. I’m chunking 250’s at 2720 from a 22” barrel. But if I could stretch out that bullet, I could get some crazy speed. In the 300wsm I mostly shot factory for ease of shooting. The last ones I was amazed with was some deer thugs bullets that sent 180s at 3090, get this, from a 18” barrel. My 6.5prc was a repurposed 6.5creed barrel that had been shot out, it shot well, I don’t recall the speed. But it was close to advertised box.

But all the short magnums could be pushed up a bit if handloaded.

Wanting to do a 7 saum for my ATX for a while. Will probably have it chambered long and single load. Need a bolt!

I am going to assume that the firing spring on the AT/AX series of rifles can be changed without issue.
So has anyone found a similar spring which has decreased poundage rate? I don't believe AI need to smooth out regarding lugs/ramps etc, just as a military rifle the firing spring must be at the upper limit and then some. This spring, as most will, drops in poundage reasonably quickly in first use, then will stabilise for the majority of its life.
As my life is not on the line, and it is merely a PRS toy for me, is there a alternative rate spring that is known.
Appreciate any feedback.
Cheers
Pete
Edit to add - Anyone actually know the poundage of the firing spring?

Last edited:
I am going to assume that the firing spring on the AT/AX series of rifles can be changed without issue.
So has anyone found a similar spring which has decreased poundage rate? I don't believe AI need to smooth out regarding lugs/ramps etc, just as a military rifle the firing spring must be at the upper limit and then some. This spring, as most will, drops in poundage reasonably quickly in first use, then will stabilise for the majority of its life.
As my life is not on the line, and it is merely a PRS toy for me, is there a alternative rate spring that is known.
Appreciate any feedback.
Cheers
Pete
Edit to add - Anyone actually know the poundage of the firing spring?
I asked an AI armourer the same question recently and he said it could be done but he’d never seen it done.

Reactions: Pete B
New AT-X mag follower. PN 29896BL. Haven’t had a single feed issue with this irrespective of whether I run it in an AT-X or AW mag. Nice work AI !

Attachments

• FDA92A90-25E4-4F7A-B9A1-B4755A046BBB.jpeg
    FDA92A90-25E4-4F7A-B9A1-B4755A046BBB.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 8AB1F207-56D3-4EEA-ACB9-958992641ECE.jpeg
    8AB1F207-56D3-4EEA-ACB9-958992641ECE.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 185
  • BF7A0E8A-DBFE-4FAF-9AA8-25383E1C26BE.jpeg
    BF7A0E8A-DBFE-4FAF-9AA8-25383E1C26BE.jpeg
    791.6 KB · Views: 188
I asked an AI armourer the same question recently and he said it could be done but he’d never seen it done.
I think I will do some measurements and see if there is a similar spring out there..... Have to be a decent chance of a common one existing with less poundage 🤞

Reactions: Timo Turl
Just got a handful of Gen3 Atxs in if anyone is looking shoot me a PM. Couple hinges available that can go with rifle purchases too!

PS my second hinge shipped from Euro optic yesterday. I placed my order and paid 5/7/22.

Same here - purchased in August. Silly enough, I ended up with one from my buddy and forgot to cancel my order…might be useful if I build a vudoo 22lr in a ATX AICS though

My proof prefits in 6.5, 6cm and Dasher all shoot great!

My opinion on the GT vs x, y, z 6BR variant.

Expect you may have to tune mags for GT, expect you might buy mags kits for the BRs but still need to tweak them. I’ve had both cartridges and some mags worked without any tweaking right out of the box… some I could never get to feed.

I just think for every: “I never had a problem feeding.” There’s a “I had to buy 2 mags before I finally got X working.”

As long as your prepared for that, than it’s a wash, a 105 - 110gr bullet at 2750-2900, you’re doing the same thing across all the cartridges. They’re all easy to load for, but factory ammo for the GT is nice. If you’re playing the I absolutely will not reload… 6cm, a lot more options on the table and it’s 100% a competitive cartridge.
Excuse me if it's a dumb question, but is the AT-X setup the same way as say the Barrett MRAD in which you can swap barrels in a matter of minutes?

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
AI sent it to try. 3-months later i can only say good things. They will ship with all new AT-Xs and AI dealers should be able to order it for you. Might take a while as I think they are made in the UK.

Reactions: kthomas
Top one is a gen2 with the lop and cheek adjusting with 2 Allen bolts. And the bottom is a gen3 with thumb wheels.

Reactions: Drivetacks