• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

It is possible to get these down to under 16 with a triple pull. Plenty of room with the factory stock and light weight double pull also.

Triple pull
Zco 5-27 spuhr 1.5”
Short top rail
26” proof 6.5x47
mdt carbon grip
Q fix stock with custom adapter.

Attachments

• IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_2875.jpeg
    IMG_2875.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_2729.jpeg
    IMG_2729.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 293
Question:

I recently traded for a ATX. Came with a mag identical to my AT/AW mag. I see it listed on mile high that the ATX mag is the same as the AX

Both mags pictured are rock solid in my AT. Both however in the ATX lock up in the gun but if you grab the mag in the front you can pull it down slightly. Basically the tip of the bullet hits the feed ramps a bit lower. Mag locks there and you need to hit mag release to reset to normal height

Is this because it’s an AW mag and will an AX mag do this
IMG_5960.jpeg
IMG_5961.jpeg
IMG_5962.jpeg

Reactions: JonKleman
Since people have had em for a while....So what do you all think of the keyslot design? I guess it's here to stay(even though they sell mlok handguards for the AXsr?forget which model)..

What's different about it and key mod?

It's probably the best attachment system on the market. The inserts tighten up flush on the inside of the hand guard and have more surface area contact. Which makes it better than key mod.

However, AI doesn't allow anyone (or maybe other choose not to, but I'm fairly sure AI doesn't allow) to use their design. So that basically turns key slot into a very niche market where its only on AI rifles. Which in turn makes it far less lucrative for accessory manufactures to make parts. Where m-lok is allowed to be used by others and there's loads of accessories out there even though key slot is a better system.

Reactions: BurtG
Shouldn’t the small holes be shaped like penis’s?

The final production version will have penis shaped texture with no holes, solid opaque in AI red with a white AI logo in the middle of the erect penises.

Wearing one will increase scores 10% and is also good for at least another 75fps.

Also $900 is the introductory price, it will be higher after the initial launch.

Back on topic; another outing with my new AT-X and the rifle continues to impress. My brother shot the best group of his life with it today. Then we headed over to the “long range” portion of the local range and zapped steel out to 523 yards verifying come ups before we ran out of the Berger 144gr OTM hybrids I usually shoot. So just out of curiosity we grabbed a box of Federal 130gr something or other hunting load he brought along, and proceeded to not make any dope changes and still hit the plate at 523 yards to basically the same point of impact. Rather than waste his ammo further we called it a day and didn’t push out to the 600, 700, 800, and 845.

This is one of a handful of rifles I have ever encountered that doesn’t seem to care what goes down the pipe: the ammo will group well and it will shoot to basically the same POA=POI at 100 or 200 yards. I wasn’t expecting it to do that at 500 yards, but here we are.

We shot up about 100 rounds today just fucking around having a good time. No malfunctions of any kind were encountered. Fortunately the barrel on my example continues to not build up much copper fouling so cleanup was pretty straightforward.

Does anyone know if AI sells low profile pic rails that will line up with the stock scope rail height....even the standard rails on a Remington 700 clone in the chassis's

Yes, from what I have read Wintac Bartlein is the factory barrel.

I took my barrel off and it’s a 5R 24” Wintac marked which should be a Bartlein.

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
Was the AT-X chassis a take off from a complete rifle or can you buy the bare chassis now?
Take off chassis from factory rifle. Was going the Vision chassis route, but the price for the complete ATX was a few hundred less…

Reactions: beetroot
Searched and not much info. Proof carbon barrel has any weight savings or not?

According to Proof their carbon barrel with an M27 threaded shank is 3lbs 4oz, the same barrel from them in steel is 4lbs 12oz. Both for a 6 Creemoor.

According to Proof their carbon barrel with an M27 threaded shank is 3lbs 4oz, the same barrel from them in steel is 4lbs 12oz. Both for a 6 Creemoor.

Thank you; that is good amount depends on what you want. Appreciate the help on the intel

Thank you; that is good amount depends on what you want. Appreciate the help on the intel

The Proof steel barrel is probably marginally lighter than the factory Wintac barrel too. According to the schematic the 24” Proof is only .900” at the start of the muzzle thread shoulder.

The factory 24” Wintac AI competition contour barrel on my 6.5 measures about .985” at that same point, and it’s 2” shorter than the Wintac 6 Creedmoor AI barrel.

The Proof steel barrel is probably marginally lighter than the factory Wintac barrel too. According to the schematic the 24” Proof is only .900” at the start of the muzzle thread shoulder.

The factory 24” Wintac AI competition contour barrel on my 6.5 measures about .985” at that same point, and it’s 2” shorter than the Wintac 6 Creedmoor AI barrel.
I went ahead and ordered carbon 24” barrel (6mm cm)

Ok, so I know this will piss all of the AI fanbois, but here we go!

I love my ATX, but side by side with state of the art competition actions the ATX is left wanting. Heavy bolt lift and nowhere near as smooth. Is there anything that can be done to get it close to competition actions?

If not this platform will not see significant adoption until folks can drop competitive actions into a comparable chassis.

I love the flexibility the platform offers, the weight system, and the action sitting lower in the chassis. But it is rougher than shit.
View attachment 7781365
what chassis is the bottom one?

I’ll get a weight on a 6.5x47 26” proof sendero tomorrow for you.

Just picked up an ATX recently and I'm curious if other people had as "sparse" packaging as I did. It was just a cardboard box with foam padding, the rifle, bolt, and magazine. I found it odd there was no user manual included.

I'm coming from a JP background where they give a ton of other accoutrements when purchasing their rifle.