• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Difference in brass size. However since I don't have gauges I will have the smith doublecheck to make sure that there is a problem in the barrel, and not somewhere else. He has the measurements from the AT and can compare to the AT-X

This barrel on the AT-X seems to have more headspace than when it was on the AT, so my brass got around 6.5 thou longer. However I am going to have the smith measure the AT-X and compare with the #'s from the AT so we can see if it was that or some other mistake I made.

...Normally its some mistake I made somehow along the line - either in resizing or something...

Also, I am not a normal AI shooter, normally I shoot a Bighorn TL3, and have shot a few AI's over the years, but none consistently. I have however high hopes for the AT-X since it solves a lot of the stock/chassis problems I didn't like with the prior AI's... Isn't it common for the AI barrels to work across platforms, or is there a lot of variation? I kind of assumed that if they had a swappable barrel then headspace should be consistent across the platforms? Was that a wrong assumption?
This was my big hope that I could run multiple barrels (308 for practice, 6.5 for manbun, 6GT for fabulous competition). Definitly makes me nervous (or more nervous than I already am). Have not seen others mention this issue, but I am still a plebe.

Difference in brass size. However since I don't have gauges I will have the smith doublecheck to make sure that there is a problem in the barrel, and not somewhere else. He has the measurements from the AT and can compare to the AT-X

This barrel on the AT-X seems to have more headspace than when it was on the AT, so my brass got around 6.5 thou longer. However I am going to have the smith measure the AT-X and compare with the #'s from the AT so we can see if it was that or some other mistake I made.

...Normally its some mistake I made somehow along the line - either in resizing or something...

Also, I am not a normal AI shooter, normally I shoot a Bighorn TL3, and have shot a few AI's over the years, but none consistently. I have however high hopes for the AT-X since it solves a lot of the stock/chassis problems I didn't like with the prior AI's... Isn't it common for the AI barrels to work across platforms, or is there a lot of variation? I kind of assumed that if they had a swappable barrel then headspace should be consistent across the platforms? Was that a wrong assumption?

That's not out of the norm difference in size. My AI's headspaces about the same amount shorter than what is considered "spec" from AI. It is fine. Just shoot the brass and bump it .002 from the new measurements. No worries. I wouldn't go and bump the brass back down 6.5 thou each time but blowing it out then bumping it .002 is no issue.

Reactions: alfmoonspace
AI is going to be more consistent than any other mass manufactured action out there but it won't be as exact as a ARC, Zermatt, Impact, etc. It is still very "pre-fitt-able" and be safe.

Reactions: Eastern hunter
Grand scheme of things, 6.5 thou isn’t much. Not great but really not much. I’d be concerned if the brass above the case head was growing as well. Growth above the case head and at the shoulders will ruin brass in a short amount of time or at worse cause case head separations.

So how much for the bag rider?

Untitled Image-10.png

For those with the AT-X that actually clean their rifles,does the cheek piece remove? I don’t feel like removing the barrel every time to clean it.

Actually wayyyy easier to take that barrel off.

Who tf uses that "bag rider" anyhow? Seems everyone just buys an actual bag rider that's long enough.
But yes, I've received some ATX's with those bag riders. Anddd they got taken off. (Don't ask, keeping them for s* and giggles. Just like the 6.5CM barrels that I won't ever shoot hahahahaha)

Reactions: carlooa and Heffo
For those with the AT-X that actually clean their rifles,does the cheek piece remove? I don’t feel like removing the barrel every time to clean it.
Yes

Actually wayyyy easier to take that barrel off.

Who tf uses that "bag rider" anyhow? Seems everyone just buys an actual bag rider that's long enough.
But yes, I've received some ATX's with those bag riders. Anddd they got taken off. (Don't ask, keeping them for s* and giggles. Just like the 6.5CM barrels that I won't ever shoot hahahahaha)
Not the end of the world but pretty misleading of AI honestly. I'd expect better.

It's true, I was gonna get a different one anyway but it was disappointing since all the product pictures have it in there. :cry:

5C51EE9E-2102-4B2D-995E-13098E5DDB9A.jpeg

This is with the AICS AXSR back end bolted on, to help cleaning and removing the bolt. We didn't have the weight kits or top bridge, hence the random AI rails on the left side to act as a shelf...

In Australia, everyone froths over removing the bolt when arriving / leaving the range. Easier to do with the folder.

The ATX back end is nice though, being simple, don’t feel like you’re really missing out. The folder hinge might become available which just bolts on, no special tools needed.

Mine came installed. I haven't touched it, and I'm coming from a bunch of TT at about 1lb.
The trigger is very clean, but not a 4oz. BR feel.
Mines came installed with the light spring as well—breaking right at 1lb 4oz. Not sure if I can honestly tell the difference between a TT diamond and this break but I do love the fore and aft adjustment for fit. More mfgs need to do this IMO.

So you didn’t actually use gauge to check your self your relying on fire formed brass? Chambers are always gana have a different dimension unless your having several done by same guy at same time to have them make them all perfect. If you havnt done this with a head space gauge stop panicking.

This was my big hope that I could run multiple barrels (308 for practice, 6.5 for manbun, 6GT for fabulous competition). Definitly makes me nervous (or more nervous than I already am). Have not seen others mention this issue, but I am still a plebe.
Don’t let someone that’s not sure about what there doing detour you. These are switch barrel. If people don’t use head space gauges they have no business posting that head space is good incorrect.
Iv had a barrel sitting in my safe since April for my atx that may come in 22 I have zero worries. TS customs did a benchmark 6mm creedmoor for me. Can’t wait to shoot it. Or even see the gun.

AT mags are the same as AW, but AX mags have a small lip on the front. The AT-X is set up to use AX mags...however, you can always use AT/AW mags in an AX setup, so if you have either kind, you'll be good.

Any one of you guys with the ATX in your hands want to measure the chassis length from the butt pad to the top of the forearm for me? Trying to tie down a case for barrel off transport.

Any one of you guys with the ATX in your hands want to measure the chassis length from the butt pad to the top of the forearm for me? Trying to tie down a case for barrel off transport.

Looking at 36" from buttpad (fully collapsed) to end the end of the forend.

But if you wait on the folding hinge, it'll be shorter. Hahaha. Whenever that becomes available LOL

So, I'm new to the AI world, where the hell are the torque values for all the fasteners? I saw the AXSR had some but the AT-X manual only has the barrel screw at 49 in/lbs. @tomirwin ?

Burt reposted this. But this should give you a good idea

View attachment 7725759
Yep wrote to Burt, this gives me an idea but kinda was wondering if there was a "recommended" way. I can just unscrewing things but usually that usually ends in a lesson or two. Just thought i would as the "friendly" crowd here.

Just start unscrewing any visible screws and…. It’ll eventually come apart. Ask me how I know…

Just do not unscrew the screw directly behind the magazine catch.

Hahaha, this is where i started the other day but stopped ... glad i did :)

Hahaha, this is where i started the other day but stopped ... glad i did :)
Yeah, I was expecting a pretty thorough manual since it was on usb key and it only says "no-shit" stuff :LOL:

Has there been an announcement on price of the bare chassis as an upgrade to an AT?