• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Does anyone know what the fastener situation is with the foreend bridge? It doesn’t come with any screws or anything.

FDE from Mile High. They use to tell you what number I was in line, last I talked to them they won’t even do that. So I'm not sure where I even sit anymore. That last shipment AI posted at the latest should be to Mile High this week if I was allotted one or I’ll be on the shipment after that
Peter, Please check your email. I also have long bridges for At-X Rifles. Diann

I’m glad someone took that red from
MHS because I was going to go to the redside tomorrow if I didn’t get other word on FDE. It’s been especially tempted because EuroOptic has the red bridges in stock too. Really want that FDE, and for the wait I’d rather get what I really want
Peter, Please check your email. I also have long bridges for At-X Rifles. Diann

The screws are coming out Q4, FY24. But NoLegs has three prototype sets in different camo colors already.

1636678808332.gif

HAHAHAHAHA first? First company in Norway to jump on the chassis bandwagon? First company to reverse engineer "their" exclusive design to use AICS mags? Lets see aluminum chassis fits every Remington clone known to mankind and.......tadah! Uses AICS mags, Original my ass:)
I think he was referring to Sam's design for the AT/AX action that is now being produced by Vision (with minor tweaks), not Vision's in-house chassis.....

The screws are coming out Q4, FY24. But NoLegs has three prototype sets in different camo colors already.
I just spoke to Paul at WIN Tactical and he advises that the screws were omitted in shipping by mistake. WIN Tac has sent the bridge screws to both MHSA and Euro Optic. Give them a call if you ordered forend bridge that did not include the screws.

-Scott

IMG_2738.jpg

I hope that batch of rifles posted on the 30th shows up soon. Finally have some time to go shoot.

I hope that batch of rifles posted on the 30th shows up soon. Finally have some time to go shoot.

Funny you mention that. I was on the phone with Euro for something else and inquired about my spot in line for an DE model. The rep on the phone referenced that post directly and said they haven’t seen them even though the pic was shared on social media. I’d just assume ppl have called asking because of that specific post.

HAHAHAHAHA first? First company in Norway to jump on the chassis bandwagon? First company to reverse engineer "their" exclusive design to use AICS mags? Lets see aluminum chassis fits every Remington clone known to mankind and.......tadah! Uses AICS mags, Original my ass:)

First company to produce a competition oriented chassis specifically for AI rifles (which is Sam Burns Accuracy Obsession chassis), as at the time AI expressed no interest in appeasing that market.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that MPA made their chassis useable for the AI's for those that wanted that chassis, but the Vision chassis was the first chassis designed specifically for competition use with the AI.

I'm not on the inside, so this is all postulation, but perhaps without the vision chassis, the AT-X wouldn't even exist. Perhaps AI noticed that aftermarket companies were filling this specific role, and that was the poke AI needed to make their own in-house solution.

I'm not on the inside, so this is all postulation, but perhaps without the vision chassis, the AT-X wouldn't even exist.

Soooo without AI, that chassis wouldn't exist? LOL.

How about we let the sales do the talking?? 🤷‍♂️

I dig the buttstock though

Soooo without AI, that chassis wouldn't exist? LOL.

How about we let the sales do the talking?? 🤷‍♂️

I dig the buttstock though

I'm not suggesting one is better then the other, nor am I picking a side on this.

I don't own an AI, have shot and handled many of them, don't really care for them. I have no dog in this fight.

However, I do find the timing pretty interesting. There was obviously an interest in a more competition focused AI, but AI was always outspokenly reluctant to provide that. The Accuracy Obsession/Vision chassis comes along (with great fanfare/interest), and shortly after a competition focused AI is released. Interesting timing, however it may just be coincidence.

That's just speculation on my part, and I clearly labeled it as such.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
I can also see why the AT-X would sell more then just a chassis. That in itself doesn't mean anything.

People buy AI's because they are a whole system. That's what makes an AI, an AI. Most people do not buy AI's to modify them with aftermarket parts - though a small group of people do out of reluctance to make it more optimized for their specific uses.

Most people will use an AI as is, even if it has features that may be less then optimized for some roles. Now you can buy the AI system again - but optimized for competition use. That will obviously sell a lot more then an aftermarket modification.

First company to produce a competition oriented chassis specifically for AI rifles (which is Sam Burns Accuracy Obsession chassis), as at the time AI expressed no interest in appeasing that market.
I'm not suggesting one is better then the other, nor am I picking a side on this.

I don't own an AI, have shot and handled many of them, don't really care for them. I have no dog in this fight.

However, I do find the timing pretty interesting. There was obviously an interest in a more competition focused AI, but AI was always outspokenly reluctant to provide that. The Accuracy Obsession/Vision chassis comes along (with great fanfare/interest), and shortly after a competition focused AI is released. Interesting timing, however it may just be coincidence.

That's just speculation on my part, and I clearly labeled it as such.
Original "Sam Burns Accuracy Obsession" HAHAHAHAHAHA you guys kill me! Don't own one, don't really care for them, no dog in the fight. But according to you old Original Sam Burn's is the reason Accuracy International came out with the AT-X?
Falls under the what can I pull out of my ass today:)

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that MPA made their chassis useable for the AI's for those that wanted that chassis, but the Vision chassis was the first chassis designed specifically for competition use with the AI.

I'm not on the inside, so this is all postulation, but perhaps without the vision chassis, the AT-X wouldn't even exist. Perhaps AI noticed that aftermarket companies were filling this specific role, and that was the poke AI needed to make their own in-house solution.
Let's take a time out from "postulation" on who did what first. I have met Sam personally and helped him with parts for his personal rifles, and as far as I am aware he is still an AI fan and we at AI consider Sam a friend. I advised Sam at SHOT Show 2020 of where AI was in the R&D cycle on the AT-X and that we would have pre-production rifles by end of the year, which we did. Sam knew for a long time that we were developing a rifle for the competition shooting community.

It is speculative to say the least what market(s) AI does or does not have an interest in. Most all of the companies that cater mainly to the competition shooting market did not spend 2.5 years developing a rifle for the ASR program and numerous other weapons programs globally. First draft sketches for the rifle that became the AT-X predate the ASR program and any ideas that Sam posted here or elsewhere. AI is not a huge company with unlimited R&D resources and significant military programs will always take priority.

If you have a personal beef with AI, please reach out to me privately and leave this thread for those genuinly interested in the AT-X.

I am not hard to reach.

-Scott Seigmund

Original "Sam Burns Accuracy Obsession" HAHAHAHAHAHA you guys kill me! Don't own one, don't really care for them, no dog in the fight. But according to you old Original Sam Burn's is the reason Accuracy International came out with the AT-X?
Falls under the what can I pull out of my ass today:)

That's all postulation, as I've said.

I don't work for AI, can't speak for AI, and maybe they always intended to make a competition focused rifle despite their outspoken reluctance to do so.

Edit - AI has spoken above. Take their word over my postulation. I'm a nobody, and I have no dog in this fight 😛.

Let's take a time out from "postulation" on who did what first. I have met Sam personally and helped him with parts for his personal rifles, and as far as I am aware he is still an AI fan and we at AI consider Sam a friend. I advised Sam at SHOT Show 2020 of where AI was in the R&D cycle on the AT-X and that we would have pre-production rifles by end of the year, which we did. Sam knew for a long time that we were developing a rifle for the competition shooting community.

It is speculative to say the least what market(s) AI does or does not have an interest in. Most all of the companies that cater mainly to the competition shooting market did not spend 2.5 years developing a rifle for the ASR program and numerous other weapons programs globally. First draft sketches for the rifle that became the AT-X predate the ASR program and any ideas that Sam posted here or elsewhere. AI is not a huge company with unlimited R&D resources and significant military programs will always take priority.

If you have a personal beef with AI, please reach out to me privately and leave this thread for those genuinly interested in the AT-X.

I am not hard to reach.

-Scott Seigmund

Scott, I have absolutely no beef with AI.

As I've stated, I have no dog in this fight. Being an online forum, I merely expressed my thoughts on the matter, responding to a post that was pretty snarky and full of attitude (not yours). Was just trying to inject some levity into the topic.

Anyways, appreciate the response, and an official understanding from AI on the timeline. The AT-X looks like a very well thought out design, glad that AI is now catering to the competition crowd. Huge market there.

Happy to see AI's continued success.

Everyone can now disregard my postulation, of which was never intended to become the focus of this thread :p

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Bringing us back on track and want to ask those that have them. I know balance is suppose to be incredible as is, but want to ask how I’d everyone configuring weights either for balance, a wider Handguard profile or just to add weight? I’m planning on running a TBAC Ultra 7 full time and curious.

Reactions: Stag556
Bringing us back on track and want to ask those that have them. I know balance is suppose to be incredible as is, but want to ask how I’d everyone configuring weights either for balance, a wider Handguard profile or just to add weight? I’m planning on running a TBAC Ultra 7 full time and curious.
It’s to offset the missing screws with the bridge.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
All the above

Ok, had the opportunity to shoot one this am and man...its nice! The videos and reviews online do not do this thing justice! It's just something about it, that exudes quality and accuracy. The shots I fired with it were what you'd expect...completely accurate keyholes! I'm not an AI fanboi (yet) but really like this thing! Waiting to hear back from MH on placing my order!

@hic28 ....yessir...ELDM's; how'd you guess?
You're getting some ribbing because you were using the term keyhole in a positive way (I think you mean cloverleafs) when it's typically used to refer to over-rotated or understabilized bullets entering the target sideways and leaving a vaguely keyhole shape rather than a nice round hole. Eldm's have had an issue with coming apart in flight hence hic28's comment.

Anyway, glad you got to shoot one and now, back to the AT-X !

Reactions: ATC4USMC and hic28
You're getting some ribbing because you were using the term keyhole in a positive way (I think you mean cloverleafs) when it's typically used to refer to over-rotated or understabilized bullets entering the target sideways and leaving a vaguely keyhole shape rather than a nice round hole. Eldm's have had an issue with coming apart in flight hence hic28's comment.

Anyway, glad you got to shoot one and now, back to the AT-X !
@AXMC Thanks for the info and link....wasn't aware of that issue with the ELDM's at the time I posted. Yes, I meant "cloverleafs" or nice round single hole.

@hic28 ....got your joke now!!

Reactions: hic28
getting mine set up. Need to adjust first st travel on the trigger so today i get to disassemble it ....

Attachments

• 1636918648498.png
    1636918648498.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 120