• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

@generalzip AW50's weren't bonded. So they figured the ASR would be just fine. I've yet to see issues with mine.
So AT-X being bonded, they felt it wasn't needed

Also, take your a* to the Vision Chassis thread and stay on topic! LOL
Haha was just curious since the designs look pretty similar with the lower bore height etc etc. might be useful for someone with an AT considering making a jump to the ATX vs just buying a new chassis for it.

Mine out here looking like a Frankenstein gun. Lol.

On its way to get a few barrels cut and custom paint job. Hopefully the high action rail will be in soon so I can put the full length Nv rail on it. 🤟

1643229726892.jpeg

I'd figure some of the early AI-AT adopters probably have the high mount that they'd let go. A lot of them went to the low mount, after mod 2 to AI-AT rolled out (followed by the SFP bolt).

Pretty sure all 2014 AI-AT's came with the high rail (I know mine did), that a lot of people swapped out when AI offered the low rail because of community feedback.

I'd figure some of the early AI-AT adopters probably have the high mount that they'd let go. A lot of them went to the low mount, after mod 2 to AI-AT rolled out (followed by the SFP bolt).
I have one on back order that I already paid for. I don’t think it will be too much longer. Gun is gonna be at the smiths for a bit anyways getting a tune up. 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
I'm liking mine... my blue, red is on order... and got to figure something out for white...

Then I'll have my Red, White and Blue! :)

What ya say @Scott Seigmund , anything in white?

Marine PMI-You talk about being civil, respectful, professional, and mature when suggesting how another Hide member should conduct himself. Then you and other moderators insist on using words such as fuck, fucking, asshole, pissing contest and all kinds of vile language to express themselves. Now who needs a lesion on being respectful, civil, professional, and mature. I realize this isn’t an etiquette forum but a moderator could lead by example. Offline I swear as much as anyone but hear I at least attempt to be better.
Duly noted. Now fuck off.

Is that professional enough for you?

No new colors for 2022. We need to recover from getting face punched for making the improvements that early adopters asked for.

I feel like Scott and Tom need an anger translator lol...

substitute-teacher-key-and-peele.gif

Marine PMI-You talk about being civil, respectful, professional, and mature when suggesting how another Hide member should conduct himself. Then you and other moderators insist on using words such as fuck, fucking, asshole, pissing contest and all kinds of vile language to express themselves. Now who needs a lesion on being respectful, civil, professional, and mature. I realize this isn’t an etiquette forum but a moderator could lead by example. Offline I swear as much as anyone but hear I at least attempt to be better.

200.gif

Now now… you are a Mod. You are not supposed to say “fuck off.”

You are supposed to be helpful and even nurturing.

By, for example, leading with statements like “How may I help you fuck off?” Or “Do you need some guidance in how to fuck off?”

I mean… with great responsibility comes a need to help our fellow members fuck off in a sensitive manner. Not just tell them to Piss up a fucking rope in some kind of crass or uncultured manner.

Cheers and follow me for more good fucking off advice….

Sirhr

Last edited:
Axe to grind?
Yeah right, I have an axe to grind, so I’ll buy a companies latest offerings, sight unseen, and pay over $7000 Canadian for the privilege?

Give ya head a shake.
$7,000 Canadian… isn’t that like $78 bucks American? Been a while since I checked.

Maybe he is talking that Canadian Tire money they all seem to love.

Sirhr

By, for example, leading with statements like “How may I help you fuck off?” Or “Do you need some guidance in how to fuck off?”

I mean… with great responsibility comes a need to help our fellow members fuck off in a sensitive manner. Not just tell them to Piss up a fucking rope in some kind of crass or uncultured manner.

You are correct Sirhr. Had I the appropriate patience I would have merely posted this, and let it stand (though I doubt some would understand the meaning behind it)....
You are correct Sirhr. Had I the patience and proper feelings, I would have simply posted this, and hoped that some would understand it's meaning....

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

But, after thinking about it, I think I'll continue with my endeavors to be economical with my written prose.

"Now fuck off" is just so much more efficient.

You are correct Sirhr. Had I the patience and proper feelings, I would have simply posted this, and hoped that some would understand it's meaning....

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

But, after thinking about it, I think I'll continue with my endeavors to be economical with my written prose.

"Now fuck off" is just so much more efficient.
C8EEFD51-1DCC-4B96-919F-0A904C3AF3A3.jpeg

@generalzip there is not point to bonding the ATX action to the chassis as all the epoxy will squish out when the action screws are tightened. The action height of the AX an AT is set by washers and the void between the action and chassis is filled with epoxy.
The bonding on AI rifles goes back to the L96, 40 years ago, when our action machining was nothing like it is today and the chassis components were from castings and were welded. Any irregularities between the action and chassis could be taken up with epoxy.
When the AX50 was developed it was designed, developed and tested without epoxy bonding and has worked extremely well since.
AI continually improves our processes and when the ASR came along we had already tested a non bonded AT for well over a year and thousands of rounds. The tolerances on the action and chassis using CNC machinery was to a level that epoxy and welding was no longer required. The elimination of epoxy made the assembly process cleaner, more streamlined and quicker as we did not have to wait hours for epoxy to cure.
Did it also cut cost? Yes but that was not the reason for doing it. The cost benefits were low compared to the health and safety benefits in assembly for our employees and the ease of disassembly for service and repair. Just because we promote a feature for decades it does not mean we will not change it if we think it is going to be better.
We do not cut corners in order to cut costs.
Quality, safety, ruggedness, reliability, low maintenance, accuracy and pride in our products are how we run our business.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The bonding on AI rifles goes back to the L96, 40 years ago, when our action machining was nothing like it is today and the chassis components were from castings and were welded. Any irregularities between the action and chassis could be taken up with epoxy.
When the AX50 was developed it was designed, developed and tested without epoxy bonding and has worked extremely well since.
AI continually improves our processes and when the ASR came along we had already tested a non bonded AT for well over a year and thousands of rounds. The tolerances on the action and chassis using CNC machinery was to a level that epoxy and welding was no longer required. The elimination of epoxy made the assembly process cleaner, more streamlined and quicker as we did not have to wait hours for epoxy to cure.
Did it also cut cost? Yes but that was not the reason for doing it. The cost benefits were low compared to the health and safety benefits in assembly for our employees and the ease of disassembly for service and repair. Just because we promote a feature for decades it does not mean we will not change it if we think it is going to be better.
Quality, safety, ruggedness, reliability, low maintenance, accuracy and pride in our products are how we run our business.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
Well said and thanks for the interesting history.

Something I never considered until I was talking to a buddy of mine who used to work at AI was import cost. He informed me what they were paying to import actions into the US. Said it was around $1000.00 per action. If that’s true that’s then that’s ridiculous.

FB_IMG_1510274601206.jpg

The form you used doesn't use the "you" so it sounds professional enough.

FB_IMG_1530589697674.jpg

And you used the standard not expanded form. You could have used stronger forms than what you used.

So @MarinePMI it seems you used the standard professional version of what to do with himself. Bravo. (This sentence isn't sarcastic. You did what needed to be done in a good concise way.)

Also @sirhrmechanic well said above.

Now to everybody else. There are other ways to say things to get people to back off but they aren't concise in any way.
FB_IMG_1524293929563.jpg
FB_IMG_1524293933868.jpg
FB_IMG_1524293937819.jpg

Now back to the regularly scheduled hearing about the cool products from the people who put in the work to make awesome products that they are always trying to make better. It's weird how over time stuff gets better as things are figured out and changes are made. Fancy that that progress is possible.

• Haha
Reactions: just browsing
Something I never considered until I was talking to a buddy of mine who used to work at AI was import cost. He informed me what they were paying to import actions into the US. Said it was around $1000.00 per action. If that’s true that’s then that’s ridiculous.

Different tax and VAT rates apply depending on if the imported goods are materials vs a finished product. The latter usually being much higher. 1000 dollars seems a very high from my experience importing goods, but not out of the realm of possibility for a full firearm. It depends what AI is claiming as the value of the action.

Different tax and VAT rates apply depending on if the imported goods are materials vs a finished product. The latter usually being much higher. 1000 dollars seems a very high from my experience importing goods, but not out of the realm of possibility for a full firearm. It depends what AI is claiming as the value of the action.
11% FAET or in other words 11% Pitman Robertson Act money. Probably more as well. Idk. I'm not in the business.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
Thanks for the history behind bonding. Appreciate the information.

Lol. I don't swear very much at all off this site (almost only driving, and then it is confined to "jackass"). I rarely drop an F-bomb, and if I do it's only to emphasize the grave nature of whatever I'm talking about. Because I use it so rarely it has the intended impact. Suddenly when I log in I feel like I'm a 22y/o, invincible, E-5 again and talking to my buddies with a beer in my hand where every other word is fuck... What could be better than that?

To me SH is a entertainment, where I can talk about one of my favorite hobbies with guys who share my avocation. Unavoidably I've made alot of real life friends here. I guess if I was a professional marksman, sponsored, and it was my whole life I might feel differently. I think "we" (those like me) outnumber your kind by a very wide margin, and if this place did not make my laugh and make my day better (and it didn't sweat the small stuff like swearing) I would not fucking log on, ever! My bet is thousands of other people wouldn't either. Lighten up Francis.

Big fan of the Gen 1 nastiness. Drastic improvements over the AX, even without a folding stock. I was able to snag the long forend bridge and have a couple of Proof CF barrels in the mix, too - great things to come.

This rifle went from red > black > rattle-can
51744810590_29b6597b01_h.jpg

51688376326_050a4357c4_h.jpg

Big fan of the Gen 1 nastiness. Drastic improvements over the AX, even without a folding stock. I was able to snag the long forend bridge and have a couple of Proof CF barrels in the mix, too - great things to come.

Always one of my faves.

Also I can’t imagine feeling “shorted” because of a fuckin thumbscrew. Give me that old ass Gen 1 all day. Some people’s kids man.

@Scott Seigmund no mention of it in the shot show videos, does the R700 chassis have an adjustable mag catch?
No. Within our family of products you aren't going to need an adjustable magazine catch. 3rd party magazines seem to be all over the map and thus the adjustable catches that are showing up on various products. Rimfire mags are another matter entirely. We have all the major rimfires for continued testing. Within the same brand some work and some don't. There are a lot of challenges to reliably feed a .22 round in a mag system made for a 7.62.

-Scott

Whoa, I don’t know what rock you crawled out from under, but this thread is reserved for people that don’t shoot…….let alone actually own an AT-X.
If there is one thing I learned over the course of nearly 50 pages, it’s that statistically this photo of someone behind the rifle is very likely photoshopped. Please have your username engraved on the rifle and send 53 photos of your feet for verification.

…….great looking rifle; even if it’s the completely unusable, obsolete Gen. 1!
I have the Gen 1 as well and I welcome it’s competition directed improvements!

It looks great. Just a question, why not use the arca rail for your bipod?
Probably so it stays put even if the mount gets slightly loose. After some use and abuse the arca can get loose and slip. With a pic mount that pretty much never happens. Area419 scalloped their arcs for this exact reason to give you the adjustability of arca with the solid retention of a pic rail. Just my guess

What bag rider is that? I like the look of that....

It looks great. Just a question, why not use the arca rail for your bipod?
Just like @generalzip mentioned, ARCA can wear and I'm not in any rush to wear down this forend just yet, so I just use picatinny as a plug for practice.

@MarinePMI it is the bugholes rider - a little on the heavy side, but it's a solid product.

It seems like their website is not working correctly, but thanks for the tip. I'll try and order one later.

Sirhr
Or just, "Fornicate away"...