• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Accuracy International bases for rem 700 with AX

JayCarver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Looking for a base to use on a 700 in a AX chassis, found these bases that appear to be made by AI specifically for use on rem 700 with AX. It looks like the top of the rail will be in line with the top rail on the forearm tube. (if installed)

www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/75/Acc...ail-20-MOA.aspx

I searched but couldn't find any info.

Are they a good rail? Do they have a recoil lug on the ejection port? Anyone have any experience with them?

It's going on a 338 so I want something sturdy.

Thanks

Re: Accuracy International bases for rem 700 with AX

Unless the rail on the top tube is also 20 MOA, it can't be in line. Just sayin' is all.

Joe

The reason I'm thinking about going with this route is because it should give me more options for for mounts because I won't need super high ring height.

No one really has much experience with these because they haven't been available in the US yet. Let me know when you get one so we can see what it's like.

-Sean

I should have my AX tomorrow. I currently have a Seekins base (with lug) on my LTR. It's a S/A, but I'll post up a pic if you want when I get it all assembled. I was wondering what it's going to take ring wise. Hopefully nothing too ridiculously high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retarded Timing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should have my AX tomorrow. I currently have a Seekins base (with lug) on my LTR. It's a S/A, but I'll post up a pic if you want when I get it all assembled. I was wondering what it's going to take ring wise. Hopefully nothing too ridiculously high.</div></div>

Are you getting a AX chassis for a rem700?

If so are you using the AI rail designed for this application?

Yes, it's a .308 LTR to be exact.

At the moment I am using a Seekins 20 MOA base. Was considering the AI base and rail, but now I'm not so sure I need to spend the money. The Seekins worked out just fine.

8433323172_2170f2deec_c.jpg

I'm currently using a Remington 700 in a AX chassis. I used the Seekins 20moa mount as I couldn't find the AX mounts or rails when I previously purchased. I have mine holding onto a Premier 5-25 sitting in a Spuhr 1.18" mount. I have clearance on the bell with scope caps installed.

i have no clue whats going on with my post but....

I'm currently using a Remington 700 in a AX chassis. I used the Seekins 20moa mount as I couldn't find the AX mounts or rails when I previously purchased. I have mine holding onto a Premier 5-25 sitting in a Spuhr 1.18" mount. I have clearance on the bell with scope caps installed.

Just thought I would give a update, I got the AI rail for the Rem 700 LA, I wasn't impressed at all. Ordered a Near 30 MOA base.

Going with a NF ATACR, trying to decide which spuhr mount I should order. I'm getting 20 MOA cant, not sure if the 1.18" hieght will work or if I should go with the 1.46" ? I will have 50 MOA of cant so that may factor into the bell clearance also.

Just thought I would give a update, I got the AI rail for the Rem 700 LA, I wasn't impressed at all. Ordered a Near 30 MOA base.

Going with a NF ATACR, trying to decide which spuhr mount I should order. I'm getting 20 MOA cant, not sure if the 1.18" hieght will work or if I should go with the 1.46" ? I will have 50 MOA of cant so that may factor into the bell clearance also.

Do you need 50 MOA of cant? If not, the Spuhr SP-4006 works well on the AX rifles and chassis without getting too high. Otherwise, you'll want something taller than the 1.18" heigh due to the objective bell.

Sean

I wouldn't say that I need 50 moa of cant but it's going on a 338 and the scope has 120 moa of travel so I figure why not?

I want to install the top rail on the forearm tube, would you just get the 1.46" or were you factoring that in?

Thanks for the help Mile high !

Last edited: