• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

the at-x chassis will run a lower profile vs axsa. from the video eurooptic put out, the base at-x will not have quick adjust on the stock, the stock will be fixed(non folder) and the top bridge of the handguard will not be included. but it will have comp trigger. so if you buy an at-x at $5k, but want a folding knuckle, or the top bridge of the handguard (or the co-planar rail on top of that bridge), those would have to be purchased separately.

watch the europtic video posted earlier. they hit on most things not included in base at-x

Yeah I just watched the video. It answered my question more or less saying the guts of the AXSR are there and you can make it into that minus the long action capability. Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I just watched the video. It answered my question more or less saying the guts of the AXSR are there and you can make it into that minus the long action capability. Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I think the decision tree right now is fairly simple.

Want short action? Wait/buy AT-X
Want long action? AXMC or AXSR, depending on your price sensitivity and affinity to the available parts right now.

The ATX target audiences are the PRS match shooter. The action/barrel seat lower in the chassis.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I just want some barrels for my poor old AI...
Where are you not able to find an AI barrel? That’s the most common AI part you can find anywhere.

[Unless this a joke about what they talked about in the livestream. Then: 😂]

The ATX target audiences are the PRS match shooter. The action/barrel seat lower in the chassis.
Has none of the PRS stuff transferred over into the real world?

Why wouldn’t hunters/.mil/.leo want and be able to use the same features?

Reactions: Anzac
Where are you not able to find an AI barrel? That’s the most common AI part you can find anywhere.

[Unless this a joke about what they talked about in the livestream. Then: 😂]
I’m looking for a 6 Creedmoor, I see Mile High has some but no Proof out there, probably have to go that route. Looked in the Px here and few other sites but Not seeing much, could be I need better search parameters lol. Yes saw their livestream and wondered how readily available parts will be.

Has none of the PRS stuff transferred over into the real world?

Why wouldn’t hunters/.mil/.leo want and be able to use the same features?

I cant speak for the MIL world. But many LEO are trying to adapt. The main problem being budget. A lot of teams are still stuck with old rifles and old technology. Or Command(older train of mind) is stuck in the old ways and wont allow the evolving. But this is not always the case thankfully. And I believe further down the road there will be more adopting things from comps.

I believe some hunters are as well. Just many are stuck in the thought of "more deer have been killed by a 30-06 than any other cartridge" or the "ive killed X amount of deer with this rifle" train of though.

I mean...more stable, adaptable, and repeatable is a universal quality. Physics are pretty consistent too, so manipulating centers of gravity for optimal stability is a good thing generally speaking.

I can’t see how developing the skills and equipment to allow for better hits, faster, from fucked up positions could be a bad thing... right?

Of course competition, mil use, LE, and hunting don’t translate 1:1 but there’s a bunch of overlap if you’re smart enough to apply it appropriately.

I hunt with a few older guys that are stuck in the sight your rifle in 2” high at 100yds and you’re good out to 300-400 yds any thing further aim at the top of his back.... lol The concept of dialing in or holding a MIL or MOA based reticle is foreign to them. One guy even had a scope with MIL MIL setup, but he had no clue what he even had when I showed him he could range a target and then dial in the exact amount of elevation he needed.... He was absolutely floored......lol He didn’t even really know what the numbers represented on the turrets.

• Wow
Reactions: Huskydriver
Same receiver in a new chassi. Not going to shoot significantly different.

I'll keep all of mine. :)

I cant wait until people start unloading these now incapable ATs for pennies on the dollar.

I can't justify purchasing one now that I have an AXSR. Maybe down the road....

However, it does seem like an afterthought that part of the Accuracy International label on the receiver is covered by the chassis. It's obviously cosmetic, but makes my OCD rage. JMO

Has anyone adjusted the factory trigger? What way did you turn the sear screw to reduce second stage creep?

Attachments

• Accuracy International Standard Trigger Schematic.png
    Accuracy International Standard Trigger Schematic.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Thanks. I’ve read a couple people successfully adjusted it.

Also read some people fubared it

Have a new comp trigger sitting here but half the reviews say unreliable amd half say they are great. $500 for unreliable isn’t cool.

• Haha
Reactions: NateSavannah
Thanks. I’ve read a couple people successfully adjusted it.

Also read some people fubared it

Have a new comp trigger sitting here but half the reviews say unreliable amd half say they are great. $500 for unreliable isn’t cool.

I had picked up a comp trigger when I ordered the AT, but haven't even bothered using it, stock trigger has been rock solid.

I hunt with a few older guys that are stuck in the sight your rifle in 2” high at 100yds and you’re good out to 300-400 yds any thing further aim at the top of his back.... lol The concept of dialing in or holding a MIL or MOA based reticle is foreign to them. One guy even had a scope with MIL MIL setup, but he had no clue what he even had when I showed him he could range a target and then dial in the exact amount of elevation he needed.... He was absolutely floored......lol He didn’t even really know what the numbers represented on the turrets.

This is 95% of the hunters I know. Two of the best hunters I know couldn't zero their own scope. I zeroed one of their rifles and he used a bore sighter to dial it in after he was hitting the bullseye.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
I have one of the early comp triggers and adjusted it myself and it’s been awesome. While I was first messing with it I did get it to go off if I closed the bolt too hard so I gave it a bit more sear engagement and it’s been solid ever since. Plenty of 300wm, 6.5prc and 300prc on it

I might have misheard/misunderstood but it sounds like the AX version of this new rifle is in the works right? As in there will eventually be a long action variant, e.g. AX-X.

That’ll be interesting as well

I might have misheard/misunderstood but it sounds like the AX version of this new rifle is in the works right? As in there will eventually be a long action variant, e.g. AX-X.

That’ll be interesting as well

This will be announced after you've bought your AT-X

Reactions: J-Ham
I tried to watch everything posted and I never got the impression a long action was in the works

Reactions: RS14
Reactions: Huskydriver
Okay in that case I might have crossed some wires in my brain when I was listening to the announcements. Sounds like there's no immediate plan for a long action. That said, I think it's probably just as much to do with financial decision making as it is an engineering decision. Such a product would cannibalize their newly launched AXSR line, which would certainly be bad for the company. It's understandable.

Anyone with a technical background explain why a breech ring/sleeve is advantageous?

Anyone with a technical background explain why a breech ring/sleeve is advantageous?

Some info in this thread.

Reactions: PTPATAW
Okay in that case I might have crossed some wires in my brain when I was listening to the announcements. Sounds like there's no immediate plan for a long action. That said, I think it's probably just as much to do with financial decision making as it is an engineering decision. Such a product would cannibalize their newly launched AXSR line, which would certainly be bad for the company. It's understandable.
You didn’t cross your wires. There’s a few bits of disconnect between what’s posted on here and what’s stated in the various videos and podcast.

You have posts saying it isn’t replacing them (AT/AX) and you have interview footage of them saying it is replacing them as well as they’re going to discontinue the AT/AX for the commercial market.

You also have statements about how making the AT-X chassis for long action would be easy and something they could do then you have posts about how they aren’t going to.

For most people, the best course of action is to just buy what you want when you can afford to do so. If something new eventually comes out, then just sell what you have, treat the loss as a rental fee, and then buy the new thing.

...except bolt bodies. Always buy bolt bodies 😂

Took the 20” 308 out to 1000 yards today. I just joined a big boy range, and it was nice to get non competition experience shooting out to 1000 yards off the clock. I learned a lot yesterday

I will 100% be buying an AT-X but man oh man is the normal AT more than capable. Out to 800 yards I couldn’t miss on IPSC plates.
30CE6E7F-8C17-4BB2-B2A4-9D1CA2F0A2C7.jpeg
2E3D7BC1-DC79-4406-A321-A0C9AFD666BE.jpeg

Has anyone adjusted the factory trigger? What way did you turn the sear screw to reduce second stage creep?

Yes and both of mine have less than 3/4 turn before it's out of range from where they came from the factory. Pretty sure I went clockwise...if you go too far just go back 1 turn and it should reset and then turn it back down again until you get the edge of being reliable

Reactions: deersniper
Took the 20” 308 out to 1000 yards today. I just joined a big boy range, and it was nice to get non competition experience shooting out to 1000 yards off the clock. I learned a lot yesterday

I will 100% be buying an AT-X but man oh man is the normal AT more than capable. Out to 800 yards I couldn’t miss on IPSC plates.View attachment 7536880View attachment 7536881

How much you selling it to me for?

I will 100% be buying an AT-X but man oh man is the normal AT more than capable. Out to 800 yards I couldn’t miss on IPSC plates.

Man, y'all are roasting the man while missing the best part.... It's f*ing hard to miss an IPSC out to 800y....

Do y'all even shoot?!?!