• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Wow... I don’t wanna jerk off too hard since I don’t have any lotion with me on this 2.5hr drive home from the range but man..... I have really been missing out not owning a AI

Had my AXSA out that I picked up here used in the PX at the range today with my DT SRS & TS Customs build... all shoot better then me.. couldn’t help but notice how much better the AI was to drive though. All I can say is wow
It’s the craziest of feelings. I’m not even into the heavier tac stuff anymore and with kids and a young family and can’t afford a lighter field style rifle without selling the AI. Anytime I get to touch a custom build I think “man this thing is badass, but it’s just not an AI”. So I’m not selling the AI and just making it as light as I can lol. Which will probably still be in that 14 lbs range but selling my AX is not something I’m about to regret anytime soon!

MK13 Mod5 chassis with Viper skins, Stiller TAC-300, Obermeyer barrel
300wm1.jpg

AIAX, Defiance Deviant 338, Obermeyer barrel
IMG_0390 (2).JPG

AIAW with Viper skins, Stiller TAC-30AW, Krieger barrel
IMG_0634 (2).JPG

It’s the craziest of feelings. I’m not even into the heavier tac stuff anymore and with kids and a young family and can’t afford a lighter field style rifle without selling the AI. Anytime I get to touch a custom build I think “man this thing is badass, but it’s just not an AI”. So I’m not selling the AI and just making it as light as I can lol. Which will probably still be in that 14 lbs range but selling my AX is not something I’m about to regret anytime soon!
What are you doing to attempt to bring the weight down? I am picking up an AT sometime this year and currently looking at ordering barrels. Trying to decide if I want to go with a CFW barrel to save a pound on these pigs. I don't mind weight, but I prefer the 12 lbs range. 15 starts to get miserable. The other build I would do in place of an AI would be 2lbs lighter, but it wouldn't be an AI. lol

What are you doing to attempt to bring the weight down? I am picking up an AT sometime this year and currently looking at ordering barrels. Trying to decide if I want to go with a CFW barrel to save a pound on these pigs. I don't mind weight, but I prefer the 12 lbs range. 15 starts to get miserable. The other build I would do in place of an AI would be 2lbs lighter, but it wouldn't be an AI. lol
I’m right now playing with a 4-32 NX8 after selling my Gen 2 razor (28 oz scope. It’s weight influenced my decision. I know not everyone loves the scope and other love them. I think it’s has it’s limits on the top end of magnification but in that 4-20x range its a great scope). I ordered a Victor Company rail (I know doesn’t apply to the AT). I have a 16.5” Light Palma 6.5cm barrel on order from PVA that hopefully will be here soon. I would think being conscious of weight in scope decision with a short and light barrel you’d probably be lighter than the AX, but I guess that’s under the assumption that chassis is lighter. That target weight is with TBAC Ultra 7 suppressor too.

Sam,
what bag rider is this and can where can I get one?
Right now it’s a 3D printed prototype. It works well enough but ultimately I’d like it to be aluminum. The design I have in CAD also has the ability to bolt on a weight to get it to 1#. This design bolts through the buttplate, but I’m unsure if going to a pic mount will be better as I don’t know if the atx and asr are the same as the ax.

That being said, I really like that it has a large flat surface area in addition to retaining the “hook”. I also made it sit lower than the AI factory plastic bag rider so you don’t need such a tall rear bag.

Right now it’s a 3D printed prototype. It works well enough but ultimately I’d like it to be aluminum. The design I have in CAD also has the ability to bolt on a weight to get it to 1#. This design bolts through the buttplate, but I’m unsure if going to a pic mount will be better as I don’t know if the atx and asr are the same as the ax.

That being said, I really like that it has a large flat surface area in addition to retaining the “hook”. I also made it sit lower than the AI factory plastic bag rider so you don’t need such a tall rear bag.
I’d be willing to T&E one for ya 😉

Yup, need blasted as it came from Lilja Barrels

Others are a better authority but I,believe thats how they were issued to the military

Reactions: trob_205
Hey I shoot at the ranch. I assume you made it with that rig! Also green AIs ftw.

Yessir! I got some funny looks showing up to qual at 1000 with a 20" 308 but it was GTG. Hit me up next time you're thinking about heading out there, maybe we can meet up. I know there's a few others on here that are members out there and also shoot factory AI's.

Yea, there's a few of us members around here for sure. We should definitely go and bring all the AI's out!

Reactions: tex68w
Here's my daughter's precision rifle. We've been having good times together working on the fundamentals of marksmanship. Not a real AI, but it hammers!

LH Surgeon 591R action chambered in 6.5 creedmoor.
26” Bartlein barrel 1-8 twist MTU contour.
Threaded 5/8x24 with cap.
Cerakoted FDE.
Timney LH 517 flat shoe trigger.
AICS 2.0 chassis FDE.
90B93EC9-F415-4172-AF8A-C2D553DD0F0B.jpeg

Here's my daughter's precision rifle. We've been having good times together working on the fundamentals of marksmanship. Not a real AI, but it hammers!

LH Surgeon 591R action chambered in 6.5 creedmoor.
26” Bartlein barrel 1-8 twist MTU contour.
Threaded 5/8x24 with cap.
Cerakoted FDE.
Timney LH 517 flat shoe trigger.
AICS 2.0 chassis FDE.
View attachment 7616427

How did you get your hands on the chassis in FDE, with thumbhole stock? That's like a winged unicorn.

Here’s the atx in a 16lb configuration for the nrl hunter matches. Light Palma hawk hill customs barrel thunderbeast bipod with a rrs elite clamp nightforce nx8 with spuhr rings and a apa little bastard brake.

Attachments

• 0141F5EE-099C-46FA-A75E-1257D646F3E9.jpeg
    0141F5EE-099C-46FA-A75E-1257D646F3E9.jpeg
    992.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 71F13898-1F11-4CBA-A972-CDEF528E57AB.jpeg
    71F13898-1F11-4CBA-A972-CDEF528E57AB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 224
  • 10B188E8-60F0-49FD-A6F0-9467E5481E0A.jpeg
    10B188E8-60F0-49FD-A6F0-9467E5481E0A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 244
Hey, these look like @NoLegs24 stolen pic! :)

Here’s the atx in a 16lb configuration for the nrl hunter matches. Light Palma hawk hill customs barrel thunderbeast bipod with a rrs elite clamp nightforce nx8 with spuhr rings and a apa little bastard brake.

Minus which rail? The whole handguard??? The top rail? Action rail? Accessory rails?

No scope?
Disregard...
I read into the specs as it having a one piece scope mount included in the declared weight. The barrel is easy enough to subtract.

Disregard...
I read into the specs as it having a one piece scope mount included in the declared weight. The barrel is easy enough to subtract.
If you go back a page, @trob_205 talked about what he is doing in his attempt to bring his AX down in weight and I assume that is your goal too. No one ask for a stripped down weight if their intent is to make it heavy.

Edit: Not sure if his is a SA or MC though...