• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

886EEBCA-21CC-4A04-B6DA-78A1EA7018C7.jpeg
CA0B6657-272A-47AD-AC4C-00108E7D3ED3.jpeg
EED79766-9C6F-4FE7-861D-18A6CA9440C6.jpeg
1DFE80E4-D76D-449C-A7AA-0BF786740E1F.jpeg

**Post includes bonus content as I think a few of you here may have been to KASOTC. If not, disregard... :)**

Spent the day out at Quantico with the 300 PRC. It's dialed in so I may change the barrel to the .260 to get some data. It was chip shot easy today, 1,000y, known distance, square range with no to light winds. I dialed in 6.7mils and was off to the races. Dead on with factory 225s. Also spent some time mentoring a guy shooting a 6.5 and let him shoot my steel.

IMG_9412-1977303.jpg

IMG_9408-1977302.jpg

A picture of me actually shooting. Had the 6.5 guy snap a shot since I don't really have any action shots.

IMG_9482-1977305.jpg

Target from the first session with multiple shooters - 300 PRC is on, 6.5CM not so much.

IMG_9483-1977306.jpg

Target from the second session, 300 PRC remains solid.

IMG_9484-1977307.jpg

I returned Thursday evening from my Jordan trip. I was at the King Abdullah II Special Operations Training Center scoping out the facilities for a massive contract we won providing a variety of training. They have a 1800M range and the Jordanian's know I shoot, so I was hoping for a 1800M shot with their sniper rifle of choice, the AI in 338LM, but time didn't permit, maybe next trip. KASOTC was an old quarry, but $250M later it's a superb training site.

IMG_9171-1977295.jpg

IMG_9158-1977293.jpg

IMG_7906-1977308.jpg

IMG_7907-1977309.jpg

IMG_9277-1977299.jpg

IMG_9281-1977300.jpg

Debriefing at the Sheraton's rooftop pool. :)

IMG_9353-1977301.jpg

Visiting Salt, the original capitol of Jordan, founded in 300 BC. You have dinner on the cliffs and watch the sunset over the Jordan River, with Jerico, Israel right past the valley.

IMG_9207-1977296.jpg

The food there was epic!

IMG_9127-1977291.jpg

Okay, back to normal programming...

I returned Thursday evening from my Jordan trip. I was at the King Abdullah II Special Operations Training Center scoping out the facilities for a massive contract we won providing a variety of training. They have a 1800M range and the Jordanian's know I shoot, so I was hoping for a 1800M shot with their sniper rifle of choice, the AI in 338LM, but time didn't permit, maybe next trip. KASOTC was an old quarry, but $250M later it's a superb training site.

IMG_9171-1977295.jpg

I spent a lot of time there over the years. Happy to see they are pumping some more $$$ in.

Good to hear Jordan finally bought a bunch of AIs. Their shooters are good people.

The 230gr ATips are appearing to run well so far in the 300PRC barrel. More load development now the ADG brass and expander mandrel have arrived.

ES and SD have both been pretty average with the once fired Hornady brass, will switch over and try a few other things.

Landed a first round hit at 1384m on a pretty small rock which is promising, to quickly validate the AB CDM, spot on but was .8 low at 1600ish meters so will look at CalMV and DSF down the track.

Overall the AXSR is a great rifle. The 300WM mags are a bit clunky with the PRC rounds at the moment when fully loaded, but I’m expecting them to settle down.

AXSR33s.jpg

Last edited:
Question for the AX owners.... when you shoot weak side, does the comb adjustment get in your way/do you feel it at all? I want to do an AX stock conversion on my AT, but I'm lefty, so the comb adjustment knob would be on the same side as my face.

Question for the AX owners.... when you shoot weak side, does the comb adjustment get in your way/do you feel it at all? I want to do an AX stock conversion on my AT, but I'm lefty, so the comb adjustment knob would be on the same side as my face.
I thought the same thing prior to doing mine, but it turned out to be a non-issue, even with the cheek piece at the lowest position. Worst case, you can simply replace the large knob with a cap head screw.

29A4FF09-F4CD-4880-9A9C-99186904629F.jpeg

I thought the same thing prior to doing mine, but it turned out to be a non-issue, even with the cheek piece at the lowest position. Worst case, you can simply replace the large knob with a cap head screw.

View attachment 7650149

thanks sam, was hoping you'd see this, spent all afternoon reading the obsession chassis threads.

was debonding the hinge so it flipped to the left straight forward as well?

thanks sam, was hoping you'd see this, spent all afternoon reading the obsession chassis threads.

was debonding the hinge so it flipped to the left straight forward as well?
Ha...the unfortunate thing about the AT/AX Gen of rifles is the hinge isn’t symmetric top and bottom. The top side is flat and the bottom is curved in order to match the skins. It’s subtle but once you look for it you’ll see it. That means there is a separate left and a right folding hinge.

I ended up acquiring some folding buttstocks from RH ATs, which fold to the left, in order to have the correct hinge since they don’t sell LH AX buttstocks. But they do/did make them, as my factory LH AX has a mirrored buttstock assembly.

I still have some LH folding hinges in inventory, freshly cerakoted black and re-built, shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

This is how a $900 buttstock turns into a $1200 buttstock lol

Reactions: J-Ham
Ha...the unfortunate thing about the AT/AX Gen of rifles is the hinge isn’t symmetric top and bottom. The top side is flat and the bottom is curved in order to match the skins. It’s subtle but once you look for it you’ll see it. That means there is a separate left and a right folding hinge.

I ended up acquiring some folding buttstocks from RH ATs, which fold to the left, in order to have the correct hinge since they don’t sell LH AX buttstocks. But they do/did make them, as my factory LH AX has a mirrored buttstock assembly.

I still have some LH folding hinges in inventory, freshly cerakoted black and re-built, shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

This is how a $900 buttstock turns into a $1200 buttstock lol

christ, pm sent..

I did an AX conversion and had second thoughts. The AX puts you higher on the rifle than the AT stock, so, I had to get an aftermarket cheek piece to get me 1/2" lower than the AX piece, or I would have had to increase my ring height.

I did an AX conversion and had second thoughts. The AX puts you higher on the rifle than the AT stock, so, I had to get an aftermarket cheek piece to get me 1/2" lower than the AX piece, or I would have had to increase my ring height.
Fortunately Sam has ya covered there too, hahaha!

Reactions: Defender3
True, but it was adjusted all the way down, which defeated the $800 I just spent for adjustability that my AT already had.
There’s also the option of replacing your low scope rail with the high scope rail. The high rail is the same height as the AX rifle’s. It’s also the correct height for the NV bridge and rail.

I got a question for you AT guys. If you've been shooting all weekend in the rain/high humidity, do you take your stock sides off and spray the whole chassis down with oil? Just curious. I never had and figured I should probably ask :ROFLMAO:

I got a question for you AT guys. If you've been shooting all weekend in the rain/high humidity, do you take your stock sides off and spray the whole chassis down with oil? Just curious. I never had and figured I should probably ask :ROFLMAO:
If it's really wet or dirty, I will take the skins off and wipe the chassis dry, and take the trigger out to flush and re-lube at the same time. The AT chassis is entirely hardcoat anodized aluminum, so there's really no worry of rust or corrosion underneath.

Reactions: The Durk
If i had to clean it with just being in humidity and a little rain, i would think less of AI. I dont clean shit on this rifle.

Reactions: Nik H and Luvman
just FYI guys, this M-Lock hang guard is not for AXSR. I ordered it and get it today. It could not be installed on the AXSR as the screw does not match. Send a email to AINA and get a reply that this hang guard is only for AX and AXMC.....

I wonder why is that, why not make one for the AXSR......

Wonder what makes it different. ASR forend on an AX

1624395970008.jpeg

Reactions: 96C and Scotch_egg
Wonder what makes it different. ASR forend on an AX

View attachment 7652841
They told me the screw are different. The AXMC is Metric threading and the AXSR is Standard(Imperial) threading.

Theoretically, I could use the Metric threading screw(if I could find extra) to install the frond on the AXSR.... but they seems do not want me to do that.

They told me the screw are different. The AXMC is Metric threading and the AXSR is Standard(Imperial) threading.

Theoretically, I could use the Metric threading screw(if I could find extra) to install the frond on the AXSR.... but they seems do not want me to do that.

Email mile high and they told me they actually will have the m-lock for axsr coming. The one now they have is for ax/axmc. The website is also corrected.

Yea I saw this as well. I wonder how long they knew these were coming. After AI saying they were not. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad they are guys but why not just be up front about them and say you are making them.
Because..... we all know why... it kills me the way they promote and act...look at Tom’s post over the new left hand chassis

Reactions: M8541Reaper

Why not just go to the hardware store and grab two new bolts? Seems like a simple fix, even though you shouldn’t have to do that for a rail that costs over $400.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Out and about

IMG_20210531_203653712_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210531_203351711_HDR.jpg

@M8541Reaper Picked up that Tab gear mat per your recommendation a few years back. Spot on recommend, haven't gotten wet since. Excellent wet ground barrier, better than a pair of Huggies on the kid. As you can see got in your fav color muliticam...haha

Out and about

View attachment 7653993
View attachment 7653994

@M8541Reaper Picked up that Tab gear mat per your recommendation a few years back. Spot on recommend, haven't gotten wet since. Excellent wet ground barrier, better than a pair of Huggies on the kid. As you can see got in your fav color muliticam...haha
I don’t see any mat. Are you sure it’s in the pics? 😂
Clearly you made the right choice and I’m glad to help.

…also it’s been a minute so you probably haven’t heard about my love for the most practical of all camo…the most operator of all operating operations…the multicam black. 😂😂😂😂
AKA Tacky Black

ProTip: If you wear Huggies while laying on the mat, you’re pretty much waterproof. …if the Huggies are in multicam black, you immediately get awarded a trident.
🍻

• Haha
Reactions: Squibbler