• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Thanks for your feedback and observations on the AXSR. Regarding the smoother bolt feel, I wonder how different the new bolt design is beyond removing the 3pos safety. I’m very happy with my AT and AX but you’ve got me wanting to add an AXSR to the mix.

The SR has larger/wider locking lugs than the MC, and the lug radius that cams the lugs into the locking ring of the receiver is a lot smoother and more rounded as opposed to an almost straight 45 degree cut on the older guns.

The firing pin also has a little L-shaped step which interfaces with a cut in the right side of the action (see pics below), which is what I assume to be a way to keep the cocking piece from rotating into the left side of the action on bolt opening/cocking like on previous guns.
That essentially means less force going somewhere other than directly into the bolt handle, which makes the gun easier to cock.
I didn't engineer this thing, but that makes the most sense to me.
Science yo.

SR 7.jpg

SR 6.jpg

SR 5.jpg

I just registered for a 3-day precision rifle course and I wanted to throw some questions out there to start getting my brain cell moving in the right direction. I am planning on taking my AXSA an need to decide which caliber to shoot. Max range is 800yd and 200-250rnds over 3 days. Here are my choices:

6.5CM (Win Tac, Blank Unknown) - currently has about 400rnds through the barrel and my scope is zeroed to this barrel.
.308 Win (MHSA, Bartlein) - 110rnds through this barrel and I have confirmed 100yd zero offsets from the 6.5CM barrel
6CM (Proof Carbon Prefit) - only about 60rnds through this barrel and will need to do some work to get confirmed offsets.

The .308win barrel so far has been my best barrel for tight, accurate groups but the others are 1/2MOA easily. I am leaning towards the .308win barrel but I am concerned about fatigue by day 3 vs the softer shooting 6CM.

If you want to make sure you are executing the fundamentals correctly, and learn the most you can about reading the wind, I'd take the .308. It's almost like cheating with the 6CM at those ranges.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
308 will be good for that range. It’s an accurate barrel, you can get the ammo, not burning 20% of a barrel over a few days etc.
250 rounds over 3 days isn’t a big ask by any stretch.
If the wind is messing with you, good, you’ll learn more. 👍

Hit the range for some pre 4th bang. Actually got out of the prone position for a bit, shooting 338LM off of some tires, quite entertaining.
Also proofed out reubenski 's idea of a fix it stick caddy mounted under the cheek piece. Worked really well, great concept, nothing shook loose or broke after 50+ rounds of 285's and 300's 338LM and 50 rounds of 308 pushing175's. Happy 4th of July to all you guys!!!!
IMG_5133.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG
IMG_5125.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG

Verr nice!

I will give you three sexy time if y'all make one of those for an AXSR.
As long as the cheek pieces are the same it should work just fine. I have a few more mods to make to ensure durability and to try and reduce the size a bit more. I could not find a way to bond to the plastic the cheek pieces are made from, so be aware you will have to drill 2 holes through the cheek piece to mount them with number 10 countersunk hex screws. I will keep everyone informed.

Hit the range for some pre 4th bang. Actually got out of the prone position for a bit, shooting 338LM off of some tires, quite entertaining.
Also proofed out reubenski 's idea of a fix it stick caddy mounted under the cheek piece. Worked really well, great concept, nothing shook loose or broke after 50+ rounds of 285's and 300's 338LM and 50 rounds of 308 pushing175's. Happy 4th of July to all you guys!!!!
View attachment 7660401View attachment 7660402View attachment 7660403View attachment 7660404View attachment 7660405View attachment 7660406

this appears to be 3d printed. Would you mind sharing the design?

Reactions: AEROMechanic
View attachment 7660401View attachment 7660402View attachment 7660403View attachment 7660404View attachment 7660405View attachment 7660406
Very cool idea. I would definetly like to pick up a couple for AXMC and a couple bag riders.

Reactions: Defender3
I removed my cheep savage now my poorness wount offend anyone. Now I remember why I don't join forms. Too old for this kidd stuff.

Last edited:
Yes it is a Savage a very accurate one and what this old very old Marine from Missouri can afford.
Post it in this thread

This thread is specific to the brand Accuracy International...

I removed my cheep savage now my poorness wount offend anyone. Now I remember why I don't join forms. Too old for this kidd stuff.
View attachment 7661086

My Savage Precision Axis II with Hawke Sidewinder Scope in 6.5 Creedmoor

View attachment 7661087
You removed it above because you got some shit. Then reposted it a couple replies below. You don’t have to get offended or explain it. We can all see what it is (savage) and what it’s not (AI)

This is an AI only specific thread. That’s why your getting the heat. That’s not an AI. Not even the mag is an AI

Question for the AX owners.... when you shoot weak side, does the comb adjustment get in your way/do you feel it at all? I want to do an AX stock conversion on my AT, but I'm lefty, so the comb adjustment knob would be on the same side as my face.
AT-AX Stock LH.jpg

I have an AT with the AX stock conversion. This is an after market cheek rest that sits lower than the AI cheek rest and is set as low as it will go. It's a non-issue for me shooting from the left side.

Reactions: CDM1972
Put the first fallow deer down today with the 300PRC, 324 meters across the valley, nice down hill shot between trees.
230gr A-Tip punched a hole straight through shoulder and lungs... AB reckons around 3120ft lbs of energy on target. It stumbled about 10 meters then collapsed. Didn't find the projectile unfortunately, it probably sailed straight through, no major damage to the pelt.

AXSRIX3.jpg

That is my intention.
The reubenski Fix it Stick caddy for A.I cheek piece.
Here is the final version, not much changed except for hole spacing, moved the fingers closer together to capture the stick better and added lugs that slip into the molded recesses that run down the middle of the inside of the cheek piece.

I recommend using a10-32X 3/4 long countersunk socket head screw and nut for mounting. Just use the part as a drill guide, countersink the hole for the screw on the outside of the cheek piece, insert nut in the caddy and install. I would not permanently bond the caddy into place just encase of breakage it can be easily replaced. Because of the limited space the cheek piece can no longer store the factory 4mm allen key unless you cut it off.

Durability of the caddy is dependent upon level of abuse its exposed too. It did survive a 7 hr range session with me ( which is more than I can say for majority of my ex wives)

I can send the 3d file to whom ever wants it, send me an email at [email protected]. I have never shared any of my files so I may need some help from someone knowledgeable in sending these types of files. I assume(lol) that it can be sent as an email attachment.

I run the file through the Prusa Slicer using PETG (nylon would be best) and a .1 level thickness and 25%fill, lugs down, don't forget the supports,3.5hr print time.

IMG_5140.JPG
IMG_5134.JPG
IMG_5135.JPG
IMG_5137.JPG
IMG_5138.JPG
IMG_5139.JPG

Last edited:
I put my stock barrel back on for a NY match this coming weekend, and man oh man did I forget how good this barrel is.
FAC8F8F4-E6A1-42B7-9B3B-39742D6ED3BE.jpeg

Attachments

• D4660630-697F-4DAB-8B96-39F7A15E544A.jpeg
    D4660630-697F-4DAB-8B96-39F7A15E544A.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 8240CD28-4E26-4BA8-9306-48DC523E4730.jpeg
    8240CD28-4E26-4BA8-9306-48DC523E4730.jpeg
    674 KB · Views: 99
L118A2 is finally complete. All real and correct AI except the barrel which is made off a Bartlein blank to the exact L118 profile and specs by Crescent Customs because it was specific to the contract so no hope of finding a real one (deviated in twist rate to optimize the gun for 185G Berger Juggernauts). Cool points are the AI suppressor adapter, AI QD scope mount (made specifically on contract for the L118a2 and L129A1), UK Spec ACI, and S&B PM2 3-12 with AI windage turret. 48 of these were purchased by the MoD and I can confirm that they are still in regiment armories and used for counter terror operations. I have seen two non public photos of them with the Accuracy first level and one with the badger rail with an LA5 mounted instead of the AI factory rail (also reasonable considering many L115A3s have been seen with the badger rail). To my knowledge there are no AI .308 suppressors in the US so it will be impossible to get the correct can. L115A3 and AI AW Covert are in progress and I will post them once completed. If anyone happens to have the AI inline front rail for the L118 or L115 or L96 please shoot me a message! Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1924.jpeg
    IMG_1924.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    956.1 KB · Views: 300
L118A2 is finally complete. All real and correct AI except the barrel which is made off a Bartlein blank to the exact L118 profile and specs by Crescent Customs because it was specific to the contract so no hope of finding a real one (deviated in twist rate to optimize the gun for 185G Berger Juggernauts). Cool points are the AI suppressor adapter, AI QD scope mount (made specifically on contract for the L118a2 and L129A1), UK Spec ACI, and S&B PM2 3-12 with AI windage turret. 48 of these were purchased by the MoD and I can confirm that they are still in regiment armories and used for counter terror operations. I have seen two non public photos of them with the Accuracy first level and one with the badger rail with an LA5 mounted instead of the AI factory rail (also reasonable considering many L115A3s have been seen with the badger rail). To my knowledge there are no AI .308 suppressors in the US so it will be impossible to get the correct can. L115A3 and AI AW Covert are in progress and I will post them once completed. If anyone happens to have the AI inline front rail for the L118 or L115 or L96 please shoot me a message! Cheers
Congrats on the completion.

#1 - You remind me of a guy whose initials are CC.

#2 - There is a guy from Florida that has a real deal L96A1. You two might have similar levels of patience and dedication.

Congrats on the completion.

#1 - You remind me of a guy whose initials are CC.

#2 - There is a guy from Florida that has a real deal L96A1. You two might have similar levels of patience and dedication.
1: Great reference but that is too high praise for me :cool:

2: L96A1 are fantastic rifles. Would love to add one to the collection someday. Hard to find though

This post is fantastic and timely. With the help of Mile High Shooting and Sporting Services UK, I am piecing together, as best I can, a L115A3, L115A2, and L118A2. It is nice to see you mention the use of the Badger rail as acceptable as I had no solution for that. My other current hold up is the L96 bipod with conversion for use on the L115A2, however, I have seen photos of the PH bipod being used on those so I may go that route temporarily. I will get photos up once all is complete.

Reactions: iggybomb
This post is fantastic and timely. With the help of Mile High Shooting and Sporting Services UK, I am piecing together, as best I can, a L115A3, L115A2, and L118A2. It is nice to see you mention the use of the Badger rail as acceptable as I had no solution for that. My other current hold up is the L96 bipod with conversion for use on the L115A2, however, I have seen photos of the PH bipod being used on those so I may go that route temporarily. I will get photos up once all is complete.
Funny enough, I have an L96 Scope mount and Bipod Sitting in the safe unused. I have the L115A3 inline AI rail, its P/N 6794. Ive seen a few around. The badger rail is used fairly widely by SOF elements wanting to mount LA5s to their long rifles. No real way to do that besides using the badger. Ive seen a Wilcox Raptar used on one L115A3 as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: CDM1972 and BEJ762
Finally got the 22GT stretched out to 1k today and got dope from 400-1000yds. First time on steel for it and it was glorious. Bucked the wind like no ones business at Mach Jesus with the 95gr SMK’s 😂

New comp trigger from @Huskydriver felt great and I’m kicking myself in the ass for not getting one sooner!
DE756E70-A909-4F71-839B-C75CB4A4E037.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got the 22GT stretched out to 1k today and got dope from 400-1000yds. First time on steel for it and it was glorious. Bucked the wind like no ones business at Mach Jesus with the 95gr SMK’s 😂

New comp trigger from @Huskydriver felt great and I’m kicking myself in the ass for not getting one sooner!
View attachment 7663261

That sunset tho

When you guys change calibers do you mark anywhere on the rifle and barrel? It just seems like with the quick change nature of the barrel and the fact that you are meant to tighten it down to "hand tight" you'll end up getting the barrel inserted into the receiver at different depths each time.

I know diffrent calibers will have diffrent zeroes, I'm more asking in terms of switching back to the same barrel and keeping the same zero as before.

When you guys change calibers do you mark anywhere on the rifle and barrel? It just seems like with the quick change nature of the barrel and the fact that you are meant to tighten it down to "hand tight" you'll end up getting the barrel inserted into the receiver at different depths each time.

I know diffrent calibers will have diffrent zeroes, I'm more asking in terms of switching back to the same barrel and keeping the same zero as before.
If nothing is wrong with the barrel shoulder and theres nothing in between that barrel/receiver mating surface you’ll be fine. That’s the whole point of a shouldered barrel.
I’ve noticed my guns have a “seater” shot when I change barrels that’s usually a couple tenths low from POA but that’s normal. I treat it like a cold bore.
As long as you shoulder the barrel by hand the same way every time and tighten your quickloc screw consistently every time you shouldn’t have any issues with POI shift.

Cool, thanks for the quick replys. I havent switched my barrel out yet, but I was planning to this weekend so wanted to make sure I didnt need to mark anything first.

Cool, thanks for the quick replys. I havent switched my barrel out yet, but I was planning to this weekend so wanted to make sure I didnt need to mark anything first.
Remove, replace, send it. After a few times you will trust it. This is a proven system that is used in the real world taking on "critters" that can bite back, completely repeatable. You get what you pay for with AI. Not that I am a fan or anything...lol