• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Elite sand is the proper way to go

This is the way

B328826F-00C5-40EF-AB2B-394EC59D86CB.jpeg

IWLA Alexandria, which is off Rt 610 in Stafford as VSP stated. I'm a member there and can do 100y work, and I'm a member of the Quantico Shooting Club where I can do my 1,000y work. :D Drop me an IM if you have questions.
John, I liked the look of the range. I hope to get back out to shoot at Quantico soon. Jerry

Last edited:
Tested out a new cheek piece design on the MC today. Very comfortable with easier access to the fix it sticks. Shot 300NM at 1200 with 13 MPH winds from 8 o'clock. Even with the abuse I put on this rifle, it will still literally drive itself.
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg

Any issues with that steel on 5?

Aside from me not being to make contact with the smaller plate, impacts were pretty random, could of been the temps or the shooter. Just checked my log book and it's been 423 rounds since the last cleaning, I'll see if that helps or if I just suck:mad:

Reactions: VSP968
Aside from me not being to make contact with the smaller plate, impacts were pretty random, could of been the temps or the shooter. Just checked my log book and it's been 423 rounds since the last cleaning, I'll see if that helps or if I just suck:mad:
Well, it's the .260 master race in the AI master race, so it has to be you. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't shot mine either bro. It's killing me seeing her in the closet. Waiting. Weeping.
Same. Got the AT-X and haven’t even mounted a scope on it yet. Waiting to get it back from the smith with all the work getting done to it so I can roll! 🤦‍♂️😎

To semi get back on topic, does anyone know the spec for the screws that hold on the scope rail for the AT?

Also, thumbhole skins... because thumbhole is the best hole. Spinning up barrels this weekend for her. Going to steal the atacr off my A6 until I can get the funds for either a s&b ultrashort or 4-20 atacr.

20220128_164939.jpg

To semi get back on topic, does anyone know the spec for the screws that hold on the scope rail for the AT?

Also, thumbhole skins... because thumbhole is the best hole. Spinning up barrels this weekend for her. Going to steal the atacr off my A6 until I can get the funds for either a s&b ultrashort or 4-20 atacr.

View attachment 7797663

Just ping mh they will send you some...

Just ping mh they will send you some...

Was going to replace them with torx heads. Was hoping to order them, the cheek piece screws and QL barrel screw from McMaster to have before I get to my shop this weekend. If not no big deal, I'll take the measurements and check threads Friday.

I hate hex, no need when torx exists.

Reactions: RS14

View attachment 7797663
As a reference... The AXSR top action rail is 35in-lbs.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
You owe it to yourself to get a classic S&B 4x16 PMII for that one

I wouldn't be opposed to that if I could get one at a reasonable price and a T2 or T3 in it. Looking for a Old single port AI brake to get closer to the classic look.

@Huskydriver I wouldn't kick either the 3-20 or 5-20 out of bed. I think the size and low pro turrets suits the AT really well.

@96C thank you. Not an issue of putting too much torque, it's getting hex keys that fit tight and don't mess up the head. Torx gives you a bit more forgiveness.

I wouldn't be opposed to that if I could get one at a reasonable price and a T2 or T3 in it. Looking for a Old single port AI brake to get closer to the classic look.

@Huskydriver I wouldn't kick either the 3-20 or 5-20 out of bed. I think the size and low pro turrets suits the AT really well.

@96C thank you. Not an issue of putting too much torque, it's getting hex keys that fit tight and don't mess up the head. Torx gives you a bit more forgiveness.
Aaah, sorry man. I misread the question!

I personally love the new dt Ii+ turrets that's what's in my photo. Not as tall as the old style but not as low as old low profile. Click spacing is better. I have had both the 320 and 520 both great scopes

Oh, I didn't know you rolled that way. Well done sir. Brother from another mother.

I would settle for a H27. That was the first reticle I used in a 4x16 Schmidt

Yea I have a horrible obsession with cloning rifles. Up to 3 complete and another 3 in various stages... and that's just bolt guns lol. Would have liked a AW but figured since this is my only non clone I'd go a little more up to date so I can complete with something at the swap of a barrel.

I could use a h27, honestly had to look it up! Still would prefer a t2/3 swap though.

On your barrel's message...

View attachment 7798238
Thank you! I normally get "all that money and still trash" type messages. its hilarious and I love it. Especially when at the local range, me and "The Durk" shooting our .308's and outshooting the 6.5 guys at our measly 400 yards. I shot the best 5 shot group out of this gun today. 0.23" CTC (measured outside and subtracted .308") the rifle even on "bad" groups holds under an inch.

So I called mile high to see if they had an AXMC in stock or had one thay had been traded in. Gentlemen on the phone told me all their trade in guns were on gun broker and said they had one for sale at 6k, but it was for sale to LEO only. From the description there was nothing restricted about it, 20in barrel in 338 LM...anybody have a gouge on what's up with the LEO only sales

Call and ask for Joe. He may be able to get you pointed in the right direction if that's not who you already spoke to

So I called mile high to see if they had an AXMC in stock or had one thay had been traded in. Gentlemen on the phone told me all their trade in guns were on gun broker and said they had one for sale at 6k, but it was for sale to LEO only. From the description there was nothing restricted about it, 20in barrel in 338 LM...anybody have a gouge on what's up with the LEO only sales

That's an axmc LE for sale and if you look at mh website you will see that AI refuses to sell that model to anyone who doesn't have a badge end of story. The axmc is discontinued for civilian sales and was replaced by the axsr

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Lol...I didn't think it was a 2A thing at all. And the cannibalizing sales thing maKes the most sense.
Well looks like the hunt will continue. The ai mk2 need a bigger brother.