• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I'm still new at this. I have a 2017 axmc and new about needing to get a sfp 308 assembly if I wanted to do 6.5cm with small rifle primers. Easy fix: don't shoot 6.5cm with small rifle primers

But it looks like the problem with the lfp is bigger than that and I should go ahead and plan on getting my firing pin and all three bolt bodies worked on?

I'm still new at this. I have a 2017 axmc and new about needing to get a sfp 308 assembly if I wanted to do 6.5cm with small rifle primers. Easy fix: don't shoot 6.5cm with small rifle primers

But it looks like the problem with the lfp is bigger than that and I should go ahead and plan on getting my firing pin and all three bolt bodies worked on?
Either worked on, or buy SFP bolts.

Depends...you will still probably blow 6.5 large primers with the large firing pin bolt at really low pressure.

300wm normal loads I had some moderate cratering.

.300 norma well see my link in the post above lol.

338 LM honestly didn't crater very much but if your going to bush one or buy a factory small firing pin and bolt, you might as well do them all so your firing pins are interchangeable.

A factory sfp will not work in a factory large fp bolt fyi

For mine I have LFP 300 and 338 bolt bodies. Purchased a complete SFP 308/6.5 bolt for the smaller stuff. My plan is to run 300 PRC and 6.5 CM. Swapping the complete bolts/barrel

Mile high has the complete bolts in SFP. There’s also been a couple for sale in the PX lately. Just fyi as stated above if you only buy the SFP bolt body the guts from the LFP bolt won’t fit that. So you’d end up purchasing the firing pin assembly anyways

Huge shout out to Kyle out EuroOptic,

Attachments

• 5FCD6211-EE7D-42DA-814D-6F25B5800C30.jpeg
    5FCD6211-EE7D-42DA-814D-6F25B5800C30.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 124
One more step closer.

26" 6x47 XM3 contour Hart barrel (mounted)
25" 6.5 Creedmoor marksman contour Mullerworks barrel.

Still want to do a barrel in 16.5. Not sure if I want to chop this creed barrel and get a long 308 or get a proof CF 308 in 16.5".

ATACR sitting until I get an ultra short on there. Looking forward to getting it out to a match.

AI.jpg

One more step closer.

26" 6x47 XM3 contour Hart barrel (mounted)
25" 6.5 Creedmoor marksman contour Mullerworks barrel.

Still want to do a barrel in 16.5. Not sure if I want to chop this creed barrel and get a long 308 or get a proof CF 308 in 16.5".

ATACR sitting until I get an ultra short on there. Looking forward to getting it out to a match.

View attachment 7802339
969147B0-32D5-4DB9-AF30-9692DF7BEE1A.jpeg
16.5” 308 from mile high for ya.

Nothing special and bad lighting to boot. AXMC on Ironman at Quantico. I was shooting a 4" gong at 650ish in one of the new lanes that were cut after the storm took out so many Pines. Temps were in the 30's with a light wind. Much different from yesterday when I was RSOing on R4 at 25 degrees with a 20mph wind, it was chilly.

IMG_1429-2269861.jpg

Today's real excitement was a reminder to never let routine creep into your reloading. We had an incident with a CZ Scorpion with an OOB discharge. Appears the person loaded his 9mm 147s too long. They "fit" in his Beretta, but he did not check them in his CZ before firing. Previous picture removed.

Last edited:
Nothing special and bad lighting to boot. AXMC on Ironman at Quantico. I was shooting a 4" gong at 650ish in one of the new lanes that were cut after the storm took out so many Pines. Temps were in the 30's with a light wind. Much different from yesterday when I was RSOing on R4 at 25 degrees with a 20mph wind, it was chilly.

Today's excitement was a reminder to never let routine creep into your reloading. An end of life CZ due to an OOB discharge. Appears the person loaded his 9mm 147s too long. They "fit" in his Beretta, but he did not check them in his CZ before firing.

How's his face?

Last edited:
Where’s the best place to source breach thread protectors? Want to send them w a few blanks off to my smith!

Last edited:
The area 419 ones are nice! That's what I have. Mile high should have some too

Reactions: BCX
And the best part.., no modification to the mags to shoot 338 LM AI!
1574E921-CEE4-48F6-88C4-DAA707D6AC36.jpeg
D351AFEE-E731-48D2-BB60-1B74BCA59D16.jpeg

Reactions: Krob95
Where’s the best place to source breach thread protectors? Want to send them w a few blanks off to my smith!
Area 419 ones are nice but they’ve been out of stock for a while. Mile High only has been out of stock of them as well.

Straight Jacket armory and GCP have some. I just ordered some nice ones off of EBay. They’re hard plastic and not metal but they work great.

Reactions: BCX and pfl338
Area 419 ones are nice but they’ve been out of stock for a while. Mile High only has been out of stock of them as well.

Straight Jacket armory and GCP have some. I just ordered some nice ones off of EBay. They’re hard plastic and not metal but they work great.
@pfl338 makes some 3d printed ones too

These are the ones I have for storing my barrels.

T

Reactions: BCX
I love the A419 protectors but as noted above...they haven't had them in like a year. I didn't know Hawk Hill made one, I need to order some up.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
@Defender3 , Ironman goes to 650ish now? I haven't been there for several months, but last time I was there it was still ~460.

(AI chassis tax 'fraid I don't have an action)
CvKK3oo.jpg
Yes, lane 5 had storm damage so WTBN cut it back and put their steel out there. Accessible from lanes 4 - 6 and out to about 683yds.

Have your Lapua or mag bolt bushed and FP turned down. Then Buy the factory SFP bolt bodies. Much cheaper that route only having to bush one bolt and have one pin turned down and then snag factory bolt bodies on here slightly used for large discount.

You will be out 250 for the LRI bolt bush and FP turn. Used SFP bolt bodies found on here for under 500 bucks. You will be into it with two SFP bolt bodies (one bushed) and that SFP factory 308 bolt for a total of just one new bolt body.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I love the A419 protectors but as noted above...they haven't had them in like a year. I didn't know Hawk Hill made one, I need to order some up.
I ordered a couple for my AXMC from Area419 a month ago. Got 2 of them

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Maybe I missed them, I had notifications for both sizes turned on and never got one. I need like 8 more, I love the ones I have.