• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Nice. What contour did you use?

Mind sharing the load(s) you’re using?

Just when you thought the AXSR was the thing to have here comes the MKIII wet dream…..how’s a poor supposed to ever keep up!

1D08C5E1-BAE3-4610-B1F7-14ECB8929B60.jpeg

Here she is in all her new glory 😍

Started putting some rounds downrange today in the new AI AXSR. Waiting on a modified 338 LM case so I can get serious on load development. Still need to get some rounds down the tube. Gun shows promise. Really liking the Hornady 300 A-Tip even w the unknown long jump. Probably would of been a little tighter if it wasn’t below 0 with the wind chills and a frozen trigger finger 😂
F1593475-B28A-43D5-B684-8CF3A1CE9B0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Started putting some rounds downrange today in the new AI AXSR. Waiting on a modified 338 LM case so I can get serious on load development. Still need to get some rounds down the tube. Gun shows promise. Really liking the Hornady 300 A-Tip even w the unknown long jump. Probably would of been a little tighter if it wasn’t below 0 with the wind chills and a frozen trigger finger 😂View attachment 7807902

Looks like a tenth high and a tenth left....

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
Well, here it is, my first AI! Found it in the PX. Big shout out to @Hippy_Steve. It’s even better than he described!

I’ve already purchased the AIAO chassis in Sage Green, but I’m honestly having second thoughts about taking this out of its original chassis. Really starting to appreciate it as is.

Maybe I’ll come across a lefty barreled action to use instead. Probably the same day I see two leprechauns riding matching unicorns.

Thanks all for the inspiration.
654ED5EB-BFD2-4C46-A5F4-84A60551393D.jpeg
0B3338EF-D518-44FA-9B43-2F5E16A650E6.jpeg
FED70E3C-36EE-4D12-AB4F-2360DDD445AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a tenth high and a tenth left....
Wasn’t zeroed, I shot 7 different charge weights today. Once I get a 150 rounds down the tube and decide on a load than it will be zeroed before I pull the barrel. Man this AI 338 LM is 400 fps slower than the usual 338 AI I shoot 😉

Well, here it is, my first AI! Found it in the PX. Big shout out to @Hippy_Steve. It’s even better than he described!

I’ve already purchased the AIAO chassis in Sage Green, but I’m honestly having second thoughts about taking this out of its original chassis. Really starting to appreciate it as is.

Maybe I’ll come across a lefty barreled action to use instead. Probably the same day I see two leprechauns riding matching unicorns
^^ this is 100% more likely then finding an AI LH BA

Genuinely curious as to how that negative grip angle feels.
At first I didn’t think I would like it. I don’t prefer it over my MDT Vert grip. I’m just at the point where I don’t care to change it. I definitely like it better than the stock AI grip

At first I didn’t think I would like it. I don’t prefer it over my MDT Vert grip. I’m just at the point where I don’t care to change it. I definitely like it better than the stock AI grip
I believe MK Machining was going to be producing a grip just for the SR given that it has that odd-ball attachment angle.

Reactions: JB.IC
View attachment 7800546
308 bolt body & magazines arrived today. Time for the 6.5CM barrel to get a run.

This cannon is consistently the first to come out of the safe each trip.

Got a 338 bolt on order for the 27” factory 338 barrel, that will round it out for a little while.
That is a beautiful finish!! What do you call it?

Reactions: RS14
AO should just make a complete chassis for the AT/AX action. They already do an awesome job with the other chassis they make.

AO should just make a complete chassis for the AT/AX action. They already do an awesome job with the other chassis they make.

Agreed, the other Vision chassis have a real decent stock too. Would be nice to just buy it from tip to tail for an AI assuming there isn't a mechanical reason not to.

It's hard to improve on the AX buttstock. The hinge is probably the best folding hinge on the market. If Sam did incorporate a new buttstock or adapt the Vision with Christian I think it would be a great opportunity to clean up the tang area which is pretty rudimentary on AI rifles. It's basically just square tubing with a plastic shell. And the width above the pistol grip that makes AR grips and thumb shelves so challenging.
They definitely improved on some of that with their new ar grip attachment.

My Elite Sand AXSR finally rocked up. 300NM 1:8 twist barrel (with a spare locally produced 1:9 twist) topped with another (don't tell the wife) NF 7-35x56 ATACR with T3 reticle.

Also picked up the 308 bolt body and 2 of the 308 mags. I have a 20 inch MTU contour IBI spiral fluted 308 barrel which should be ready in the next week or so too.

Rattle can paint job to come soon.
20220218_161723.jpg

My 338 LM modified case came and it looks like I was jumping the 300 A-Tips@ .210. I’m surprised they shot so good w a long jump. More testing to come. I wish this snow and ice would melt so I can do some load development at 300 before taking it out to distance. 🥶

My 338 LM modified case came and it looks like I was jumping the 300 A-Tips@ .210. I’m surprised they shot so good w a long jump. More testing to come. I wish this snow and ice would melt so I can do some load development at 300 before taking it out to distance. 🥶
how far are they inside the case? I’m pretty sure you’re setting a Olympic long jump record with that

First test load w 300 A-tip was 3.700 to run from the mags. I hit the lands w the modified case and 300 A-Tip at 3.910. I read somewhere that AI uses long free bore now.