• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Hey guys I’m looking for a little friendly gun guy advice if possible. Using new brass vs same lot 1x fired brass I am getting flat primers on the 1x fired with the same load as the new brass. Why would 1x fired be flat and new isn’t with the same formula? Anyone know why that is?

Just the facts ma’am:

- AI ASR
-6mm Creedmoor. (The Lord’s round)
-24 inch Proof CF barrel suppressed
-60 degrees F & 2500 FASL
-brass is Lapua SRP all the same lot.
-both new and 1x fired were sized using the same Whidden bushing die.
-105 Berger hybrid
-seated to 2.795 COAL
- charge is 40.00 of RL16 all the same lot and same bottle loaded at the same time.
- CCI 450 primer
-rounds fired the same day all in succession. 1x was fired first. I fired 10 to test speed vs my new brass speed.
-all brass new and 1x fired trimmed to 1.915
-new brass is 3030 FPS and 6 SD
-1x fired brass is 3047 FPS and 9 SD
-accuracy was identical

Photo = new brass on the right. 1x (now 2x fired) on the left.

B7416FE7-8509-41ED-9C9A-A1FD6CDA4874.jpeg

Last edited:
I run them all through the full length whidden bushing die for consistency. I do the entire case. As in top of the shell holder contacting bottom of the die

When it comes to non standard AI barrels. Who do you guys typically go with? I'm wanting to do a 6GT

Bartlein or Kreiger blanks. I have the homie at Black Canyon Customs spin up my barrels.

Reactions: Trek
I guess I meant more shops to do it. I've played with a bunch of different barrel manufacturers. Hopefully getting my first AI this weekend.

Starting to remember why I don't shoot groups any more at 100yds. I suck 😂
View attachment 7845138
Well, to paraphrase the Peter principal:

Through buying better shooting equipment, we all rise to group at our level of incompetence.

Edit: maybe better

Through buying better & better equipment, we all rise to our level of marksman incompetence.

Last edited:
Starting to remember why I don't shoot groups any more at 100yds. I suck 😂
View attachment 7845138
I sometimes wish I had access to an indoor 100yd range…until the bro with the braked 10.5” AK shows up next to me spraying “groups” with a red dot at 8 yds (happened). He kept on fiddling with the red dot, trying to zero? it and then shooting five more, again and again. I left.

I sometimes wish I had access to an indoor 100yd range…until the bro with the braked 10.5” AK shows up next to me spraying “groups” with a red dot at 8 yds (happened).
I feel this with my whole heart. I loathe people that come to an indoor range with braked magnums or braked AR/AK's. Indoor ranges should be suppressor only

I sometimes wish I had access to an indoor 100yd range…until the bro with the braked 10.5” AK shows up next to me spraying “groups” with a red dot at 8 yds (happened). He kept on fiddling with the red dot, trying to zero? it and then shooting five more, again and again. I left.
I have been the only person at an outdoor range with over 20 lanes shooting suppressed and had two guys show up with braked hunting rifles set up on either side of me.

Shooting indoors intentionally is strange. Bringing your braked SBR or magnum is uncouth. Gentlemen shoot suppressed. I don’t even shoot at public ranges for this reason.

72B0845D-C122-4239-A9CF-37C4EDEDA361.gif

My father in law likes to go to the indoor range. I politely decline his invitation. Savages.

Any supersonic round damages your hearing. Don’t be me.
Range where I shoot at is wide open with no sounds to reflect back on you. Makes a huge difference in sound levels. I have shot at other outdoor ranges where they have canopies and its way louder.

Shooting indoors intentionally is strange. Bringing your braked SBR or magnum is uncouth. Gentlemen shoot suppressed. I don’t even shoot at public ranges for this reason.

View attachment 7845278

My father in law likes to go to the indoor range. I politely decline his invitation. Savages.
I hold two memberships for a reason. Chrono indoors, dope outside. Lol always suppressed tho

Reactions: Defender3
Well. I'm finally joining to cool club. I sent @AXMCdriver a check for his AX today. Got a 308 barrel coming and probably going to get a 6gt barrel spun up. Can't wait. I've only wanted an AI since I played battlefield 2 and had the L96a1. Here we are some 20 years later.
AI for life. It’s like something you don’t understand why it costs what it costs till you have one. Then it makes sense