Accuracy International Picture Thread

Rhed

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2018
Rifles only bungie sling works really well. I like mine
Was looking in their web. And they have a precision rifle sling? But main use is to carry this brick. With some hunting use. And don’t wanna risk dropping it either if the Rap is mounted.

reubenski

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Jun 8, 2008
To
This is actually a really good sling. I use this on my AI and T3. It is quickly adjustable and has a nice wide soft material That is comfortable and carrying weight. It is simple and easy to use. I'm pretty sure most people running slings on their precision rifles are literally just using them to hang the gun off their body. I don't think we really need specific sling requirements for precision rifles like some people do for carbines. I like a VTAC sling with an AR because there's a lot of employment of the gun that goes on with your sling. Weak side/ strong side. Switching shoulders. Quickly stowing the gun. Rifle pistol transition, fast roping, breaching climbing ladders, carrying casualties. Maybe you want to get fancy there. But to carry your rifle around it matches I don't think it requires a $200 sling. I think a lot of people either don't know any better or they just like to accessorize.

Screenshot_20220817-141450.png

Throw in some quick detent sling attachments so you can take the sling easily off when you're not carrying it at a match.

reubenski

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Jun 8, 2008
To
Any thoughts on these? I called my son to ask what gear he uses. He buys all tactical gear from this site. https://haleystrategic.com/shop/soft-goods/slings/d3-sling
Do you need to convert a sling for massive AI bolt gun into a single point sling? Wouldn't you be dragging the suppressor in the dirt?

Padded AR slings are usually backwards for heavy bolt guns. The padding on a carbine or machine gun sling is towards the buttstock. The way most people carry a bolt gun at matches is muzzle up so you need the padding towards the front of the hanguard because that's the part of the sling that hangs on your shoulder and neck. Obviously you can just reverse the sling but I don't see the purpose of buying a highly specialized AR sling and then use it backwards.

Check out Blue force gear slings. Very similar to the previous one I posted but twice as expensive of you want the latest in assaulter fashion.

Reactions: carbonbased

carbonbased

Voltron ⚡️ Beard!
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Jul 26, 2018
    Minnesota

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It Podcast
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Single point slings are pretty useless for bolt guns. A quality dual point sling is the way. With the RO slings, if u want to carry the gun muzzle down, run it with the bungee attached to the buttstock, if you want to run it muzzle up, bungee side towards the front. Running it muzzle down allows you to actually to utilize the sling for shooting as well. Just my .02.

carbonbased

Voltron ⚡️ Beard!
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jul 26, 2018
    Minnesota
    @Rhed how long are you carrying this lead weight? I mean, if it's for more than 5-10 minutes, this puss wants two shoulders equally supporting it (Tab Biathlon or backpack). Otherwise all I'd be doing is swapping shoulders every two minutes.

If it's only for, say, "Hey son, carry the range bag while I carry this damn AX to the bench" sort of deal, then go for the sling below to scare everyone out of the range shack:

whoa.jpg

Whaburt

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 28, 2021
    Arizona
    Any thoughts on these? I called my son to ask what gear he uses. He buys all tactical gear from this site. https://haleystrategic.com/shop/soft-goods/slings/d3-sling
    The D3 Sling was not designed with precision rifles in mind. The D3 SLK sling can be used on lighter bolt guns but again still not optimal in my opinion. If you want to try one of the D3 slings for any other rifle of yours shoot me a direct message and I'll give you my work email and have a discount code created for you.

Krob95

Black Multicam Master Race
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Spraying the tenon threads on the receiver and stuff with brake clean / jet lube (like brake clean)

GTG or? Cleaning up my action since I have it in the garage and am just curious. I can't imagine why I couldn't but figured I'd be sure

Krob95

Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Awesome! Sprayed the shit out of it and now she's all nice and clean lol

Krob95

Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Thanks for the heads up, I do eventually plan on learning to weld and will commit this to memory.

Reactions: carbonbased

TheBoctor

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2020
    Awesome! Sprayed the shit out of it and now she's all nice and clean lol

Make sure you get some anti-sneeze/koprkote/dope on the tenon threads before you install that barrel again. Squeaky clean stainless galls stupid easy, and thats a sickening feeling.

Reactions: deersniper

Krob95

Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Ah fuck. I did not do that. Hopefully it'll come off this evening 😬😬😬

kthomas

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Do you need to convert a sling for massive AI bolt gun into a single point sling? Wouldn't you be dragging the suppressor in the dirt?

Padded AR slings are usually backwards for heavy bolt guns. The padding on a carbine or machine gun sling is towards the buttstock. The way most people carry a bolt gun at matches is muzzle up so you need the padding towards the front of the hanguard because that's the part of the sling that hangs on your shoulder and neck. Obviously you can just reverse the sling but I don't see the purpose of buying a highly specialized AR sling and then use it backwards.

Check out Blue force gear slings. Very similar to the previous one I posted but twice as expensive of you want the latest in assaulter fashion.

I have a Haley D3 sling, it's on the wife's AR-15 in two point configuration.

I can confirm that the D3 sling would not be optimal for precision rifle use. It's very narrow, with very minimal padding.

I use the RO bungee slings on my rifles.

Elnino31

Spanish for The Nino
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Oct 14, 2011
    Ohio
    Make sure you get some anti-sneeze/koprkote/dope on the tenon threads before you install that barrel again. Squeaky clean stainless galls stupid easy, and thats a sickening feeling.

So what’s the official take on using anti-seize on with the AI’s?

Other quick change platforms, I used it. But thought I read you’re not supposed to put it on the AX threads.

jff_stvns

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2008
    Price is way outta my budget. And even if I could, I can’t wait till q3. Sooo.. I went poors..

double up on packing tape. Well for now, until I can afford Velcro..
    View attachment 7935153
    Honestly your number 1 torque head on your scope mount bothers me more than your receiver dings. How do you strip a torque head out ?

Last edited:

Dave62677

Skeletor
    Minuteman
    May 4, 2013
    last month I was pierced my 33xc round primer at 3200fps load with my AXMC. Shipped my bolt and firing pin to LRI for bushing and got it back yesterday. Loaded same load today and no more piercing.

Rhed

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Apr 12, 2018
    Honestly your number 1 torque head on your scope mount bothers me more than your receiver dings. How do you strip a torque head out ?
    Yea.. wrong size. I had this extra cantilever mount wasn’t being use so I put into use. Still good though, still torques down. Hmm, guess I should get a replacement screw from Spuhr.

Reactions: jff_stvns

roberthu526

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Mar 11, 2020
    Where is a good place to buy AXSA magazines? MileHigh is selling the black ones at $100 each....

carbonbased

Voltron ⚡️ Beard!
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jul 26, 2018
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the confirmation. Do they ever go on sale? I really want the black ones to match the color of the rifle but I may have to buy the FDE ones and just Sharpie them...
    The cheap AI owner…an anomaly or standard practice?

Watch tonight’s episode of Ripley’s Believe It or Not® To find out!

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    The cheap AI owner…an anomaly or standard practice?

Watch tonight’s episode of Ripley’s Believe It or Not® To find out!
    Rich/ well off people are mosty frugal / looking for deals if they made their own money

Meanwhile poors do stuff like this.

0880246A-8752-452E-A8FD-B225FC2F5C4A.jpeg

Reactions: Krob95